Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Queen of the South
Great news about their fast return to Division One. After our win there last May and their relegation and money problems, I thought they would follow Clyde down to the basement.
I have watched County at Palmerston many times and spent a lot of time with the Queens fans in their clubhouse. I have found them a gracious and hospitable lot. They deserve better than the events of the last 3 years.
Good luck to them and well done.
SHIRT NUMBER 34.

(formerly named Geordieland Staggie).

Registered member since March 2003.

I have always had a soft spot for Queens especially now that they have beaten both Celtic and Sevco to be the first team in the land to win their league.

Another three wins will see them set a record points total for the Second Division to eclipse the total that Gretna achieved when they bought the title with money it turned out wasn't Brook Mileson's to spend.

There management team, a great blend of youth and experience, would be well worth consideration should Adams depart for pastures new.

Agree with the above, thought they were unlucky last year to have gone down and they have proved that this season. Well done to them.

Yep, well done to Queens, always liked them as a club and we've done well from them (Alex Burke, McMenamin, Rocco, any more?)
We had a great day down there last season, party mode, while their fans were preparing for relegation, so its good to see them happy again.

In fact just watched the highlights again, look away now Michael Fraser!

Go to 5 May http://www.scottishfootballleague.com/sfltv/league/

(03-29-2013, 10:26 PM)StuartTaylor Wrote: In fact just watched the highlights again, look away now Michael Fraser!

Had a look at some of the other Goals we lost with Michael and far to many are High balls, so maybe the Buckie loon shold see about some stretchy training.

But well done Queens And Alloa, come on Elgin pull the finger out.
You can take the People out of the Highlands but not the Highlands out of the People

Far too many are low to his left..

(03-29-2013, 10:26 PM)StuartTaylor Wrote: Yep, well done to Queens, always liked them as a club and we've done well from them (Alex Burke, McMenamin, Rocco, any more?)
We had a great day down there last season, party mode, while their fans were preparing for relegation, so its good to see them happy again.

In fact just watched the highlights again, look away now Michael Fraser!

Ah yes happy memories! I used to look forward to SFLTV on a Friday!
SHIRT NUMBER 34.

(formerly named Geordieland Staggie).

Registered member since March 2003.

...and now the Challenge Cup, I guess the pain of last years relegation will be forgotten. Highs and lows of Football encapsulated quite well here really!

Only watched the extra time of the game, tones and tones of drama.

A couple of former county players playing yesterday. Fitzpatrick got a winners medal. Wondered where he had gone when he left us.
WDDDWWWWWWWWWDDDWDDDWWWWDWWDWD
CHAMPS
WWDWWDDDWDD
40 UNBEATEN

Cracking penalty by Fitz as well. Fairly leathered it.

Amazing nut by the Patrick boy as well.

If Queens can add a couple of experienced heads next season, it would not astonish me if they achieved back to back promotions.

Fitz had an awful game.

Great pen though.

There were a few good players on show. Sinclair & Clark being standouts.