Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hibs v County on Boxing Day - Must Win
Thumbs Up 
... not "Must Win" really of course.

but I think this is one we actually can win, and as TJE says, a win would be a confidence boost. A good team performance, a good focus in front of goal as well as in defending and we shall collect the 3 points.

Hibs will be thinking much the same way of course, but come on the County!
Malky Mackay - he's our new manager

If we come out fighting from the start this could easily be a win...would like to see lawson on...and a good attacking formation...little crimbo luck Smile
There's a fine line between genius and insanity

Agree...this is a could win game, but i'll be happy with one point and then 6 in the next 2 gamesTongue

Get Lawson on from the start. Stop hoofing up the park. 3 points defo possible.

1-1 at best and i hope Colin starts again as he played well at Celtic Park.
SHIRT NUMBER 34.

(formerly named Geordieland Staggie).

Registered member since March 2003.

Can't agree with Colin playing well...he has had very few chances certainly, as this 4-4-1-1 doesn't lend itself to helping a striker out....but I think Colin has been playing rubbish....including at Celtic..he just hasn't got the presence up front that we need....He can't seem to jump...given that he is alone up front what else can he do...he needs to play it forward...but to who?
There's a fine line between genius and insanity

Mon County give us a win on my Birthday. Asking too much?

Good luck to the boys on the park and all who are travelling.

Kettlewell looks like he has suffered a bad, bad injury. Let's hope it's not as serious as it seems.

ONE NIL!

BRITTAIN!

Fantastic result!

Dancer!
He's NOT the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!

Glued to MFR 2 this afternoon-really good to get to hear the commentary of the game.
Tremendous 3 points.
Well done to those who travelled to the game-your singing could be heard in the background.
Hibs have never beaten us and that is a terrific stat.

Well done to Derek and the team-onwards to saturday now.
WDDDWWWWWWWWWDDDWDDDWWWWDWWDWD
CHAMPS
WWDWWDDDWDD
40 UNBEATEN

Ketts pulled a hamstring. Really sore one

Great result and a 300 away support.
[Image: Welcometothehighlands-1.jpg]

Great result! Looking forward to the reports from the Staggies that were there, hope Ketts is not too bad.

4_6 weeks according to Del

Great win
No sacrifice no victory 

Good battling performance today. We were under pressure for spells, although Hbs created very little.
We didn't have a lot of chances, but Britain took his header well.

Ketts looked to have been in a lot of pain. He was running full tilt into the box when he pulled up in agony.

Hearing he will be out for 4-6 weeks. But of course the 2 week break is in that.
Lawson did very well when he came on though, added a lot more composure to the team !

Who was the fud that started singing about Morrow?

Good performance against a Hibs side who had few ideas other than pass it sideways. When they did go forward our defence handled them well. They came close at a corner, but otherwise the first half was very even. Lawson played well again after coming on for the injured Kettlewell. The goal was a beauty, with Vigurs floating the ball forwards into the penalty area, and Brittain surprised everybody by ghosting in and getting his head to it, changing the direction so the goalie had no chance. Magic! Nice to be able to get up and cheer after the pain of the second half at Celtic! Kova was involved in some argy bargy down the other end, and the Hibs players took the bait and started getting themselves booked. The moaning Hibs fans started getting on their teams back for not creating much, so it started to feel like it would be our day. They did get the ball in the net after Brown saved with the rebound being declared off-side. We kept playing the ball around well, and looked like we could hit them on the break but the final ball wasn't quite there. We played the game out well, with everyone sticking to the task right to the end. So a great three points and a major confidence booster, with the table looking healthier. Smile

(12-26-2012, 07:09 PM)LauchlansLeftBoot Wrote: Who was the fud that started singing about Morrow?

There were quite a few people singing about Morrow. He was terrible. I can forgive a bad football player if he tries hard, but Morrow is slow and lazy. If he never plays again for County I'll be happy. Would much rather Byrne had been given a chance and Morrow had been let go.

Morrow aside, fantastic effort from the lads today. Crucial three points to stop the rot. Hopefully they can use that as a boost for the Hearts and Caley games now.

The first half was shocking though, mind...

The team did their job today, boring game to watch but got the business done. Good lead up to the goal, RB did well to get his head to the ball but not sure he knew much about it. On and upwards.

Hahaha delighted, thank RB. My Hibee palls are gutted and raging, still see us as a wee highland side hahaha, They're all getting it tight for losing to "a highland league side".

Now lets show they jam tart bassas, so all of edinburg knows who the daddy is lol

PS . Delighted to see Paul L. got some game time, think we all agree, he's a very good player for RCFC.