Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Fixture list 2012/13
When do the new season fixtures get released?

ah ha just noticed it's on June 18th - can't wait to see who our first challengers are!

A week today.

You just beat me to it by seconds there!
.: Ours, is the Fury :.

18th June

(06-11-2012, 08:33 PM)Alness Staggie Wrote: A week today.

You just beat me to it by seconds there!

cheers coff.

I think we'll be away to Caley on the first day.

When do season tickets get sent out, anyone know?

First game at home would be nice. The other 11 teams should fear that fixture! :p

The first game being at home is almost guaranteed, especially since the stadium and pitch appear to be on schedule.

I was led to believe that we have requested the first game to be played away in order to give the grass the best possible chance to be ready

(06-12-2012, 05:26 PM)westycrew Wrote: I was led to believe that we have requested the first game to be played away in order to give the grass the best possible chance to be ready

makes sense. and builds the sense of anticipation.
Malky Mackay - he's our new manager

It's always the first game of the newly promoted team to play at home and live on tv to help get them
started with the telly deal
[Image: Welcometothehighlands-1.jpg]

(06-12-2012, 09:25 PM)stirlingshire_staggie Wrote: It's always the first game of the newly promoted team to play at home and live on tv to help get them
started with the telly deal

Aye, one of my pals told me that tae. Is it true?

(06-12-2012, 09:21 AM)Billy7Ferries Wrote: I think we'll be away to Caley on the first day.

Can't see it, that will be on the allocated 'derby day' ie HibsvHearts, CelticvRangers??, DundeeUtdvDundee??? and they're not going to play those on the opening day of the season.

I've gone back through the last seven years fixtures before getting bored. In each of the last five seasons the promoted team have begun the season with a home fixture. You have to go back to 06/07 for the last opening day away game. Only two of the last seven opening days for the promoted team has been on a Monday. It's normally a Saturday.

11/12 - Dunfermline - Home - Monday
10/11 - ICT - Home - Saturday
09/10 - St Johnstone - Home - Saturday
08/09 - Hamilton - Home - Monday
07/08 - Gretna - Home - Saturday
06/07 - St Mirren - Away - Saturday
05/06 - Falkirk - Home - Saturday

Therefore, the smart money would be us having a home fixture on a Saturday (unless we've specifically requested the first game away, of course). Although, given it'll be quite a momentous occasion, it's possible we'd end up being shifted for TV. I hope not, though - it really should be 15:00 on a Saturday. Plus 19:45 on a Monday would be a complete pain in the [censored] for those of us in the central belt!

07/08 - Gretna - "Home" - Saturday

Sorry had to laugh

I would have thought the champions get a home game first it gives you a chance for a full house and to unfurl the flag.
Ross County and Celtic both start at home.

(06-13-2012, 09:43 AM)Forfinn Wrote: I've gone back through the last seven years fixtures before getting bored. In each of the last five seasons the promoted team have begun the season with a home fixture. You have to go back to 06/07 for the last opening day away game. Only two of the last seven opening days for the promoted team has been on a Monday. It's normally a Saturday.

11/12 - Dunfermline - Home - Monday
10/11 - ICT - Home - Saturday
09/10 - St Johnstone - Home - Saturday
08/09 - Hamilton - Home - Monday
07/08 - Gretna - Home - Saturday
06/07 - St Mirren - Away - Saturday
05/06 - Falkirk - Home - Saturday

Therefore, the smart money would be us having a home fixture on a Saturday (unless we've specifically requested the first game away, of course). Although, given it'll be quite a momentous occasion, it's possible we'd end up being shifted for TV. I hope not, though - it really should be 15:00 on a Saturday. Plus 19:45 on a Monday would be a complete pain in the [censored] for those of us in the central belt!

Out of interest who did they all play??

I'm sure someone mentioned to me that Second place usually plays the newly promoted team on opening day. That could be Rangers or then again....................
No sacrifice no victory 

(06-13-2012, 12:38 PM)Slatefordstag Wrote:
(06-13-2012, 09:43 AM)Forfinn Wrote: I've gone back through the last seven years fixtures before getting bored. In each of the last five seasons the promoted team have begun the season with a home fixture. You have to go back to 06/07 for the last opening day away game. Only two of the last seven opening days for the promoted team has been on a Monday. It's normally a Saturday.

11/12 - Dunfermline - Home v ICT (7th) - Monday
10/11 - ICT - Home v Celtic (2nd) - Saturday
09/10 - St Johnstone - Home v Motherwell (7th) - Saturday
08/09 - Hamilton - Home v Dundee Utd (5th) - Monday
07/08 - Gretna - Home v Falkirk (7th) - Saturday
06/07 - St Mirren - Away v ICT (7th) - Saturday
05/06 - Falkirk - Home v ICT (8th) - Saturday

Out of interest who did they all play??

I'm sure someone mentioned to me that Second place usually plays the newly promoted team on opening day. That could be Rangers or then again....................

Updated above. History suggests we would play last seasons 7th i.e. Kilmarnock
.: Ours, is the Fury :.

Rumours circulating that there could be a delay in the start to the season, due to the situation with Rangers.

Wouldn't surprise me one bit.

Just get rid of them, and let the rest of us carry on!!

On the positive side, maybe we could get a couple of glamour home friendlies organised if this turns out to be the case.

(06-13-2012, 04:40 PM)Billy7Ferries Wrote: Rumours circulating that there could be a delay in the start to the season, due to the situation with Rangers.

On the positive side, maybe we could get a couple of glamour home friendlies organised if this turns out to be the case.

I just cant understand it being dragged on to a vote. Did Livingston get a vote? (Genuine question as I dont know Tongue )

(06-13-2012, 04:40 PM)Billy7Ferries Wrote: Rumours circulating that there could be a delay in the start to the season, due to the situation with Rangers.

WTF surely not! This saga is a nightmare. Not fair on county either, throwing every hour at the stadium (which is got to be costing more, e.g. work force pay for sat and suns) to get it ready in time and in time is going to be early because of the club everyone is sick of hearing about. Sorry, rant over.