Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Fallout from Rangers
(04-16-2015, 02:37 PM)JailendLoyal Wrote: I'm not too sure what Hibs are crying about, to be honest.

It's obvious Sky want the Rangers/Hearts game on TV, so the game has been moved to Sunday.

After Hibs complained because all the games aren't at the same time, Doncaster has said Hibs can switch their game to Sunday, the same time as the Rangers/Hearts game.

Why don't Hibs just change their game to Sunday, if it's such a big deal? It's not like the fans have had travel plans arranged for ages, the fixtures only came out yesterday!

Not for the Championship they didn't. All 36 games are announced when the fixtures are released in July (?). People will have made travel arrangements (like Hearts fans wanting to go see their team lift the trophy).

It's a massive inconvenience for teams. Falkirk (and Dumbarton, etc) will have had hospitality tables sold and now the times have been changed to earlier on the Saturday. They're at risk of losing money now.

Not that Rangers are to blame. Neither are Sky really. Doncaster, presumably, has the power to veto their fixture choice. He knew that it would cause issues but he pressed on because he is - at best - staggeringly incompetent.

The main point here is the risk that Rangers would have had the advantage of knowing what they needed to do to finish 2nd e.g. a draw will do or win by X amount of goals. That's why every league always finish with the games at the same time.

It certainly wasn't Rangers' fault though, it was Neil Doncaster's incompetence yet again. Fortunately some of the clubs are finally starting to speak out against him.
.: Ours, is the Fury :.

Neil Doncaster has made a complete shambles of things once again. How this guy is still in a job is beyond me. It is good clubs are starting to call him out. He seems to be a Sevco lapdog.

Hibs are happier today, their game is now on TV too.

All final day Championships games are now 12.15 on the Saturday.

(04-17-2015, 01:25 PM)JailendLoyal Wrote: Hibs are happier today, their game is now on TV too.

All final day Championships games are now 12.15 on the Saturday.
Don't be surprised to find a delay at some point at Tynecastle Angel

Danny Wilson signed today on a 3 year deal on £8k a week.

Scott Allan rumoured to be close to signing aswell.

Warburton isn't mucking about, is he?

£8k is crazy money for the second tier. Absolutely crazy.

Wasn't Lee McCulloch on £16k a week?!

How do people "know" how much players earn??

Not that I care too much about it but for you guys above who seem to be "in the know" what for instance, what are Tony Dingwall and Michael Gardyne earning a week?

WOW - For a Ross County fans forum - 19 pages on the horrible scum is baffling.
Highlander29

Dave King in the press this morning reigniting the oldco/newco debate with what amounts to a tacit acceptance that the current Rangers are, if not a 'new' club,are not a mere continuation of the old one.  A complete change in approach to the last 3 years.

Dave King wants to take Oldco Rangers out of liquidation

They really are the gift that keeps on giving.

(09-11-2015, 09:45 AM)Forfinn Wrote: Dave King in the press this morning reigniting the oldco/newco debate with what amounts to a tacit acceptance that the current Rangers are, if not a 'new' club,are not a mere continuation of the old one.  A complete change in approach to the last 3 years.

Dave King wants to take Oldco Rangers out of liquidation

They really are the gift that keeps on giving.
And why should what happens with rangers bother you as long as we have Roy at county and county continue on upward road.  That will do fir me

(09-11-2015, 01:02 PM)Ross shire buff Wrote: And why should what happens with rangers bother you as long as we have Roy at county and county continue on upward road.  That will do fir me

Seething inside methinks Tongue

(09-11-2015, 01:02 PM)Ross shire buff Wrote: And why should what happens with rangers bother you as long as we have Roy at county and county continue on upward road.  That will do fir me

Oh, it certainly doesn't bother me.  It amuses me.

(09-11-2015, 02:06 PM)Ross shire buff Wrote: Elaborate a bit forging what amuses you about another club making millions

Not sure if Rangers 'making millions' is the case, or relevant to the current conversation.  

My point is this:

For three years Rangers have been saying they are the same club, that the fact it's a new company running the business was an irrelevance.

When talking of his desire to get the oldco out of liquidation and have it running the club again, King said: "It would be back to the traditional Rangers."  Which implies the Rangers that we currently see in the Championship are not the 'traditional' Rangers.

That's not the words of a Celtic fan revelling in schadenfreude, it's the actual chairman of Rangers.  

He also said:  "It’s an emotional thing as well with the supporters. They hear all this ‘You’re not Rangers any more’ and ‘you are a new club’.  We just want to put all that behind us and say we had this unwanted period and now we are back to where we were."

All King has achieved here is to give those taunting fans more ammunition.  Which, whilst quite petty, is endlessly amusing for many of the rest of us.

[Image: readImage?iid=14512546]

(09-11-2015, 03:00 PM)Forfinn Wrote: Not sure if Rangers 'making millions' is the case, or relevant to the current conversation.  

My point is this:

For three years Rangers have been saying they are the same club, that the fact it's a new company running the business was an irrelevance.

When talking of his desire to get the oldco out of liquidation and have it running the club again, King said: "It would be back to the traditional Rangers."  Which implies the Rangers that we currently see in the Championship are not the 'traditional' Rangers.

That's not the words of a Celtic fan revelling in schadenfreude, it's the actual chairman of Rangers.  

He also said:  "It’s an emotional thing as well with the supporters. They hear all this ‘You’re not Rangers any more’ and ‘you are a new club’.  We just want to put all that behind us and say we had this unwanted period and now we are back to where we were."

All King has achieved here is to give those taunting fans more ammunition.  Which, whilst quite petty, is endlessly amusing for many of the rest of us.

That's not tge words of a Celtic revelling in schadenfreude ,   Mmmmmmm said 
Now here my take on it, if King can do this good on him,and everyone who is owed money will get  paid is that not the right thing to do .  Whether old or new. Fair play rescuing the  the old company and paying back people ,, but then comes the sting in the tail ,Rangers have not been found guilty so tye people who held the kangaroo courts will,be held to task  you see it's innocent until proved guilty 

King knows there is millions to be made from chairpersons and SFA up and down the country ,
Aye he's not daft, I not saying he is right .buti always was told be careful what you wish for ,it could 
come back and haunt you, 
Now I don't see me being around to see anything happen ,but Forfinnn my dearest wish is to see a captain of Ross county hold aloft the Scottish cup, and it woukd be stupendous  to lift the league  yes

(09-11-2015, 03:00 PM)Forfinn Wrote: Not sure if Rangers 'making millions' is the case, or relevant to the current conversation.  

My point is this:

That's not tge words of a Celtic revelling in schadenfreude ,   Mmmmmmm said 
Now here my take on it, if King can do this good on him,and everyone who is owed money will get  paid is that not the right thing to do .  Whether old or new. Fair play rescuing the  the old company and paying back people ,, but then comes the sting in the tail ,Rangers have not been found guilty so tye people who held the kangaroo courts will,be held to task  you see it's innocent until proved guilty 

King knows there is millions to be made from chairpersons and SFA up and down the country ,
Aye he's not daft, I not saying he is right .buti always was told be careful what you wish for ,it could 
come back and haunt you, 
Now I don't see me being around to see anything happen ,but Forfinnn my dearest wish is to see a captain of Ross county hold aloft the Scottish cup, and it woukd be stupendous  to lift the league  yes

(09-11-2015, 03:00 PM)Rocco Wrote: [Image: readImage?iid=14512546]

I like it,that's pure extracting the. Censored  good

(09-11-2015, 03:50 PM)Ross shire buff Wrote: Now here my take on it, if King can do this good on him,and everyone who is owed money will get  paid is that not the right thing to do .  Whether old or new. Fair play rescuing the  the old company and paying back people

That, RSB, is a very good point.  If he restores the company and pays creditors that would go some way to rebuilding Rangers' reputation.

(09-11-2015, 03:50 PM)Ross shire buff Wrote: Now I don't see me being around to see anything happen ,but Forfinnn my dearest wish is to see a captain of Ross county hold aloft the Scottish cup, and it woukd be stupendous  to lift the league  yes

That would be an excellent sight, I quite agree.  Fingers crossed, eh?