Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Buses on Saturday
Any buses running to the game and back from Inversnecky on Saturday...?

Aye the D&E coaches services is running from Inverness I believe

TheJailender.com Link from a couple of weeks ago.
Quote:Service S23 will depart from Young Street in Inverness at 13:25 before picking up at Strothers Lane (13:30) as well as the Tore Roundabout (13:43) before arriving at the Royal Hotel in Dingwall at 13:55.
The service makes the return journey departing from the Royal Hotel at 17:15 and stopping at the same points, reaching Young Street at 17:45.

Adult fares on the service are £3.35 single or £5 return from Inverness or £3.20/£4.80 from Tore and Concessionary fares are also available.

The return to Inverness doesn't fit in with the after-match party though !

Just jump on the Irn Bru bus after the parade, it will probably be heading back south...

(04-25-2012, 10:06 PM)StuartTaylor Wrote: Just jump on the Irn Bru bus after the parade, it will probably be heading back south...

TRY THE TRAIN

OUT
Departs Inverness: 1334 arrives Dingwall: 1402
Departs Inverness: 1359 arrives Dingwall: 1428
RETURN
Departs Dingwall: 1912 arrives Inverness: 1949
Departs Dingwall: 1938 arrives Inverness: 2009

(04-25-2012, 10:06 PM)StuartTaylor Wrote: Just jump on the Irn Bru bus after the parade, it will probably be heading back south...

Sounds like a plan! I'll be needing some Irn Bru for Sunday morning too...

Buses are delayed for the return leg, confirmed on the offical website

Quote:With Dingwall and Victoria Park gearing up for a Champions Celebration this Saturday the recently launched bus service from D&E Coaches will be a welcome alternative to all those Inverness based Staggies not wanting to take the car over the bridge.

Service S23 will depart from Young Street at 13:25 before picking up at Strothers Lane (13:30) as well as the Tore Roundabout (13:43) before arriving at the Royal Hotel in Dingwall at 13:55.

Aware that post match celebrations are likely to run on for some time the scheduled return departure time from the Royal Hotel, Dingwall, has been delayed to 19.15 hrs, giving everyone plenty of time to make the most of the occasion.

Adult fares on the service are £3.35 single or £5 return from Inverness or £3.20/£4.80 from Tore and Concessionary fares are also available.
Disclaimer -Anything posted by this user is likely to contain large amount of sarcasm, humour and nuts. At no time should anything be taken seriously, even on serious topics. Failure to do so may result in confusion and your tongue turning black, consult a doctor if symptoms persist.

(04-25-2012, 09:57 PM)thejailender Wrote: Aye the D&E coaches services is running from Inverness I believe

Quote:Service S23 will depart from Young Street in Inverness at 13:25 before picking up at Strothers Lane (13:30) as well as the Tore Roundabout (13:43) before arriving at the Royal Hotel in Dingwall at 13:55.
The service makes the return journey departing from the Royal Hotel at 17:15 and stopping at the same points, reaching Young Street at 17:45.

Good point. Train it is then. Cheers for the info.

(04-26-2012, 01:17 PM)staggerino Wrote:
(04-25-2012, 09:57 PM)thejailender Wrote: Aye the D&E coaches services is running from Inverness I believe

Good point. Train it is then. Cheers for the info.
From the club website:
Quote:Aware that post match celebrations are likely to run on for some time the scheduled return departure time from the Royal Hotel, Dingwall, has been delayed to 19.15 hrs, giving everyone plenty of time to make the most of the occasion.

Although it's a nice gesture that the club and D&E have put on this bus for those of us in Inverness, it doesn't really offer anything different to the normal Stagecoach service. The Stagecoach service is slightly cheaper (£4.75 return) and allows you to be more flexible with times. The only benefit I can see is that the D&E bus skips out the brief detour through Maryburgh and Conon Bridge.

I seen this on the Facebook page last night by a fan who is also a bus driver.

"Is it just me that find it strange that they are running a service from inverness however fans from ROSS-SHIRE find it difficult getting a bus to dingwall ?"

It's a good point and it's discussed before on here. I think it would work if people knew about it. The 11am train from Tain is normally fairly busy on a Saturday as it's the only option to get through before a game as buses to Dingwall from that area take over an hour due to the amount of stops!

(04-27-2012, 10:04 AM)staggy4life Wrote: I seen this on the Facebook page last night by a fan who is also a bus driver.

"Is it just me that find it strange that they are running a service from inverness however fans from ROSS-SHIRE find it difficult getting a bus to dingwall ?"

It's a good point and it's discussed before on here. I think it would work if people knew about it. The 11am train from Tain is normally fairly busy on a Saturday as it's the only option to get through before a game as buses to Dingwall from that area take over an hour due to the amount of stops!

It's obviously been a while since you got a bus to Dingwall.
Because it's even worse now.

It almost impossible to get a bus to Dingwall now, as after passing Evanton the majority just head straight to Inverness. Very few go directly to Dingwall these days !

(04-27-2012, 12:36 PM)thejailender Wrote:
(04-27-2012, 10:04 AM)staggy4life Wrote: I seen this on the Facebook page last night by a fan who is also a bus driver.

It almost impossible to get a bus to Dingwall now, as after passing Evanton the majority just head straight to Inverness. Very few go directly to Dingwall these days !
Yeah well I've not lived up there for the last 4 years so that'll explain it. Even more reason to try get something sorted even for a trial run if possible.

(04-27-2012, 12:57 PM)staggy4life Wrote:
(04-27-2012, 12:36 PM)thejailender Wrote:

Yeah well I've not lived up there for the last 4 years so that'll explain it. Even more reason to try get something sorted even for a trial run if possible.

Check Scotrail for full timetable to and from Dingwall from the North.
Jailender has posted some times from Tain .
See also posts, regarding trains for Saturday.

Further Updated Train Times For Saturday.
Take The Train On Saturday From/to Inverness

Li Jian asserted Karen Millen in comparison to various other young children, this his child is fairly modest, the sentiments of the occasion might possibly not have one more deep, but Chanel Bags Sale over the actions, they suddenly found an improved knowledge of their youngster. Li Jian, also found out that usually robust, the kids Hogan Scarpe Outlet have their particular suggestions, and also your appearance is associated with your ex, but unfortunately this individual alteration by appliance Kate Moss can't see the past: Our boy is a fairly introverted child, case additionally corrected the youngsters phrase of a number of behaviors, Furthermore, i realized empathy, a child who's certainly not lost the truth is, your energy and conviction grownups.