38.89%
7 38.89%
Total 18 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4 Average
Scotland (Tartan Army Banter)
Croatia, Serbia, Belgium, Macedonia & Wales

I think coming second in this group is a massive ask.

Attached File(s)
.jpg   184209_10150108646674883_95995869882_6096292_5088991_n.jpg (Size: 14.06 KB / Downloads: 5)
Highlander29

All beatable on their day

Many of Croatia's golden generation will be over the hill by the time we play them
Serbia will probably top the group
Belgium's youngsters are talented but inconsistent and prone to big-time Charlieness
Macedonia we know reasonably well. Limited but definitely improving. I'd settle for 4 points from them
Wales are a desperately poor side. Looking forward to a jaunt down to Cardiff though
"The heart of the club is the fan. The board and the chairman are custodians. The staff are transient. But the fan is there forever"

Roy Macgregor, April 2013

(08-04-2011, 11:29 AM)VanderDalgarno Wrote: All beatable on their day

Many of Croatia's golden generation will be over the hill by the time we play them
Belgium's youngsters are talented but inconsistent and prone to big-time Charlieness
Macedonia we know reasonably well. Limited but definitely improving. I'd settle for 4 points from them
Wales are a desperately poor side. Looking forward to a jaunt down to Cardiff though

I have heard alot about Cardiff, never been myself but my mate went to see Springsteen there. The staduim is bang in the middle of the city and my dealings with welsh manashes are that they are all dirtys. The Kilt should produce the goods on this trip.

Macedonia are worth watching, its a mare to pick up anything away from home Serbia, Croatia and Belguim. Wales are a bannana skin. Hampden should steady the ship for a decent finish in the group.[/b]
Highlander29

(08-04-2011, 11:29 AM)VanderDalgarno Wrote: All beatable on their day

Scotland's youngsters are talented but inconsistent and prone to big-time Charlieness

I've changed that for you...

I'm not confident. The group doesn't have the glamour for a typical Scottish glorious failure. Instead they have techincally good and physically strong sides in Serbia and Croatia along with potential banana skins in Wales and Macedeonia. My prediction - just regular failure.

I think the Croat's and Serbians are going to re-invent hooliganism to the point that the UN will get involved. surely closed door/home fans only games!

I think Ukraine are very similar. Interesting to see how they host the Euros, an army of police I imagine.

I have a feeling 4th and Craig replacing Ally at the blue end of wedgieland.
Highlander29

(08-07-2011, 10:20 AM)Son of Earl. Wrote: I think Ukraine are very similar. Interesting to see how they host the Euros, an army of police I imagine.

I noticed that there is a Sky sports news report Ukraine's hidden hooligans on at 7.30 on monday

http://www.skysports.com/tv_show/story/0...57,00.html
knowing me DY NO MITE
knowing you OTB AHA!!

I can see us qualifying, but it will be tough. The current odds of 5/1 are decent enough.

5/1 might be worth a stab ??
Highlander29