Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dundee United 14/5
The end of a fantastic journey that was the 2021-22 season.
Whilst I'm sure we all feel a bit flat on what could have been, 6th place is a fantastic achievement.

Interesting to see what team we play.
Do we go as strong as we can, all out attack, play the kids, play the ones that will be here next year?

I suspect he'll go strong to try and finish on a high, I think this team have enough about them to put in a shift regardless of not needing a result.

Its been a great year, one last time, mon the Staggies 3-1 win

The messageboard not exactly humming these days. Pity. Particularly as the team has performed really well and wildly exceeded any reasonable expectations. The racism issue seems to have critically damaged things. Surely that should be consigned to history by now. Maybe even the guy on here who was praised by the admin for not allowing his kid to watch the games might relent for this final game?

As regards tomorrow I hope we get a good turnout. I guess 6th was just about right. DUtd and Motherwell weren't really any better than us and Livingston and Hibs weren't really any worse than us.

Nothing to win or lose tomorrow so hopefully both sides will play attacking football.
I'll miss the footy over the summer. I wonder if we'll ever get as near to European football as we did this season.

Nothing on the line but a home win would be a fitting end to the season
Think hungbo deserves to start for his efforts over the season , the rest of the team pretty much the same as normal
2-1 county

Hopefully we'll get our first look at josh sims today, I'd also put Wright on from the start, give him some much needed game time.
Thank you to all the loan players who've played their part, they'll be missed, some more than others.

Just peaked too early for Europe, our form has 100% fallen a little over the last month or so.

Dundee Utd will go for this as they can still leapfrog Motherwell, so expect them to play as full a strength side as possible.

(05-14-2022, 11:17 AM)DeLeeuw\s Boot Wrote: Just peaked too early for Europe, our form has 100% fallen a little over the last month or so.

Dundee Utd will go for this as they can still leapfrog Motherwell, so expect them to play as full a strength side as possible.
same as the Motherwell game we were absolute garbage in the first half
and improved in the second half still a good season so no real complaint there 

however the game starting 11 minutes late due to the animals in the away end throwing toilet rolls and flares all over the park begs the question what sort clowns are running security at the ground a few weeks back the youngsters in the jail end threw 2 small flares onto the park the result was 4 police officers and 6 stewards standing over them for weeks  
i know the stewards will never find every single flare Etc but it is obvious today they never bothered to search a single person in the away end head of security should resign or be sacked 
the pitch invasion prompted the police officers at the jail end to wander down to to the away end they did not get involved in any way so brilliant value for money there

No doubt, the club will get fined for our security failing to prevent this.
Time to fence in that away end, if they want to behave like animals, then treat them as such.

(05-14-2022, 04:37 PM)county AML Wrote: same as the Motherwell game we were absolute garbage in the first half

however the game starting 11 minutes late due to the animals in the away end throwing toilet rolls and flares all over the park begs the question what sort clowns are running security at the ground a few weeks back the youngsters in the jail end threw 2 small flares onto the park the result was 4 police officers and 6 stewards standing over them for weeks  
i know the stewards will never find every single flare Etc but it is obvious today they never bothered to search a single person in the away end head of security should resign or be sacked 
the pitch invasion prompted the police officers at the jail end to wander down to to the away end they did not get involved in any way so brilliant value for money there
(05-14-2022, 04:37 PM)county AML Wrote: same as the Motherwell game we were absolute garbage in the first half
Ok,I have calmed down a bit. 
We were not garbage first half. Malky gave youngsters and fringe players a run out,it was a dead rubber, it was a test.
The Dundee Utd fans were an absolute disgrace to their club,and Scottish football.
Dundee Utd players were an absolute disgrace to their club and Scottish football, posing for selfies with fans after the second goal, their keeper joining in the celebrations at the opposite end.
At the end, DU club officials ,including the owner went on the pitch to join in the celebrations,ignoring the announcement to stay off the pitch,again a disgrace to their club and Scottish football
Now, security at the ground, who is in charge? A blind man could see what was about to happen,drink fuelled fans who were damaging the playing surface with smoke bombs. I understand that the stewards are not able to stop an invasion due to sheer numbers, but police shrug their shoulders saying it is the stewards job,which gives them no support.
I salute the female steward  and the young team,who did not react,who ran after and apprehended a lad who ran down and goaded the singing section,in front of police officers,who did nothing,until Fergie yes Fergie, not the security officer, went on to the pitch and instructed the police to get involved and apprehend the guy.
Why do Police Scotland allow this to happen up here ,it doesn’t happen in the Central Belt?
It is now time to pull buses over and check for alcohol I’m afraid,a blind eye is no use anymore, but I guessPolice Scotland will only do this to buses travelling south to a game,to be seeing to do their job.
Sorry to end a great season for us on a negative,but something has to be done to stop this.
PS ,BBC describes the Dundee Utd fans as boisterous ,not obnoxious ,spoiling idiots.