Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
vs Motherwell 07/05
Huge, huge game. Win and Europe is still on the cards. Lose and it'll be a hell of a lot tougher.

Rumours flying round that Alexander will be gone by Saturday so it may be Lasley in charge.

2-0 to County, but we need to get some of our attacking threat back.

Scoring boots needs polished for Saturday! Up home to Dornoch for the weekend so will be cheering the boys to victory & 3 massive points. Mon the staggies.

A win a 4th is on the cards
A draw we’ll still get 5th
A loss and we’ll have to beat Dundee Utd last game, a much tougher proposition.

We must not lose!

3-1 Let the party begin!!!

Potentially the biggest game in our history, hopefully the Dundee Utd game won’t need to be.
A bit worrying that we’ve only scored once from open play in the last 7 games going into this.
We’re at home in a must win game, hungbo must start.

anyone else starting to get twitchy yet? the closer we get the less sure I am.

At the end of the day its games like this with tension around them that make us love the football experience.

Can't wait to get there tomorrow, might need to pop in Staggies for a couple first Smile

(05-06-2022, 04:57 PM)RCChimp Wrote: anyone else starting to get twitchy yet? the closer we get the less sure I am.

At the end of the day its games like this with tension around them that make us love the football experience.

Can't wait to get there tomorrow, might need to pop in Staggies for a couple first Smile

Yep, an early goal or 2 is definitely required to ease my nerves.

(05-06-2022, 04:57 PM)RCChimp Wrote: anyone else starting to get twitchy yet? the closer we get the less sure I am.

As Malky said,enjoy the ride.

Whatever happens it's been a great season. Fingers crossed.

Motherwell have a decent support up, let's send them home unhappy.

Sick to the back teeth with awful refereeing deciding County games. Never a penalty in a 100 years!! At the same time County must remember that the game is 90 mins. We just didn’t turn up for the first half!

(05-07-2022, 05:39 PM)USSR Tycoon Wrote: Sick to the back teeth with awful refereeing deciding County games. Never a penalty in a 100 years!! At the same time County must remember that the game is 90 mins. We just didn’t turn up for the first half!
going to reserve judgement on the penalty however you are almost correct about the first half we did turn up but spent 45 minutes kicking the ball around in circles in our own half going nowhere stats would have looked as if we were all over them but bloody horrific to watch 
Hungbo and Samual injected some pace when they came on and must start the last 2 games RCC has been sussed and marked out of the game for weeks now so a change is needed 
we have had a really great season and even finishing 6 is a brilliant result 
but there is no reason why it cant be 5th if we attack instead of running 10 yards forward only to stop turn around and pass it backwards as we did again today

That was a genuine game of two halves. In the first half, paint drying would have been better. The joke is that our passing along the backline, passing back to the backline and minutes long possession ended up with a hoof upfield anyway.
Possession is all well and good but there has to be some forward intention.
The second half was a big improvement and with the crowd roaring the team on we should have scored for all our pressure. Can't remember Motherwell getting anywhere near our goal till the penalty ( will wait to see it on Sportscene before commenting !)
The referee was poor. One blatant body check was ignored and he let himself be intimidated by O'Donnell and others. Really disappointed tonight as that was a game we could and should have won.

(05-07-2022, 07:28 PM)It\s Only A Game Wrote: That was a genuine game of two halves. In the first half, paint drying would have been better. The joke is that our passing along the backline, passing back to the backline and minutes long possession ended up with a hoof upfield anyway.
Possession is all well and good but there has to be some forward intention.
The second half was a big improvement and with the crowd roaring the team on we should have scored for all our pressure. Can't remember Motherwell getting anywhere near our goal till the penalty ( will wait to see it on Sportscene before commenting !)
The referee was poor. One blatant body check was ignored and he let himself be intimidated by O'Donnell and others. Really disappointed tonight as that was a game we could and should have won.
agreed and have watched the penalty on sportscene and no way was it a penalty cant wait for VAR hopefully it will stop all the cheats that go down at the drop of a hat i think diving should be a red card offence

First half atrocious, second half much better but we could have played another 45 maybe minutes and still not scored. Just not our day. Learn from our mistakes and go forward to the next game. Europe is still a possibility!

Terrible first half, better second.

Didn't work the keeper enough.

Terrible dive for the penalty.

Not seen any replays yet. Didn’t think in was a pen but I was in the jailend so not the best view.
Great save by their keeper late on to deny us a draw which was the least we deserved on balance.
Jordan white for all his huffing and puffing couldn’t hit a barn door. If we’re going to play a single striker it can’t be him.
RCC has left the club all but in body, he’s not looked anywhere near the player we know he can be for a few weeks now.
Surely had to be worth giving Sims 15 yesterday in his place.

I’d rest Spittal and callachan on Wednesday to ensure they’re ready for Saturday. Start Sims at Ibrox for Cookie and give Hungbo a start on the other side.
Not all lost we have to win saturday don’t think anything in-between will effect that and a bus parking exercise Wednesday is fine

(05-07-2022, 05:39 PM)USSR Tycoon Wrote: Sick to the back teeth with awful refereeing deciding County games. Never a penalty in a 100 years!! At the same time County must remember that the game is 90 mins. We just didn’t turn up for the first half!
The ref was not the cause of us missing chances. Has RCC left already,or have teams sussed him and doubling up on him.?

(05-08-2022, 03:02 PM)tattiedave Wrote: The ref was not the cause of us missing chances. Has RCC left already,or have teams sussed him and doubling up on him.?
exactly my quote on last post he was sussed weeks ago 
Saturday is a must win day so there is no reason to hold back we must play the most attacking team we can field for me that does not include RCC Sims Samual and Hungbo should all start there is no point of having them on the bench to bring on as an impact player with ten minutes to go and 2 goals down happy to weaken mid or back line and lose two if we can score three

Wednesdays fixtures are interesting,Saturdays game could be meaningless to us if results go against us. Sneak a point or avoid a pumping at Ibrox, Dundee Utd to get a pumping would be good for the goal difference. I do think Motherwell will beat Hearts, they will kick them off the park to get a result.Good if all three teams are at risk of 6th place come Saturday, which we definitely will be,as even the unlikely event that we beat Rangers , we could still end up 6th.
A draw yesterday would not have been a bad result for us.
But let’s be honest,we are getting greedy, we would have taken the hand off someone in December if they said we would end up 6th at the end of the season.

(05-08-2022, 03:02 PM)tattiedave Wrote: The ref was not the cause of us missing chances. Has RCC left already,or have teams sussed him and doubling up on him.?

a bit of both to me

they only stop doubling up on him if hungbo is also on