Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
vs Hearts 02/04
Another big game and one we really have to win if we have any hope of being in the top six. Hearts have upped their form in recent weeks thought they have lost to both Dundee and St. Johnstone, so there's certainly hope we can win this.

The Celtic game was disappointing but other than Randall moving to RB and Vokins coming in at LB (unless Malky wants to keep it tight and keeps Randall at LB and plays Watson at RB) I can't see the side changing much.

Feel this game screams "hard fought 1-1" but I'm going to say 2-1.

Cookie and Spittal.

Vokins is clearly out of favour which seems a bit harsh, although some of his play was getting quite loose. I suspect he'll go Watson as Randall has been better on the left.

I'd start Spittal instead of Hungbo as he gives more to the team dynamic, going to need lots of effort tracking back not just forward.

its going to be close, must win, urg really not sure

Beni Baningime is out for Hearts. That's a big loss for them.

Going to be a tough game , obviously I’d love us to sneak it but I’m thinking a score draw, I wouldn’t change the team at all

I'd take draw right now. The loss of Ramsay is big and unjustified as a result of a wrong referee decision. We've had plenty of time to prepare for this home game so hopefully the fans turn out and we go home happy.

We have a lot more to gain than Hearts, who are going to finish in 3rd place regardless, which means we should be a lot more up for it than them ! Boyce will no doubt have a blinder and score against us but we really should be going for 3 points . The Aberdeen game will be more difficult but no reason why we can't get at least a point there. Agree that it would be good to see a decent crowd.

I gather Hearts have a few regulars missing, so might be a good opportunity for us to sneak a win, but I’m not confident.

Cheering on the staggies to 3 points from sunny Benidorm.
Born a Highlander always a Highlander

Both sides going for this, fairly even so far.

So far;

Never a pen.
Good save from it.
Hearts should have scored twice.
We should have three.

(04-02-2022, 03:12 PM)DeLeeuw\s Boot Wrote: Both sides going for this, fairly even so far.

So far;

Never a pen.
Good save from it.
Hearts should have scored twice.
We should have three.
could easily have been  4 4 today so a point was a fair result really poor defending for there goal 
i feel the ref was more than a little one sided pretty sure the penalty was a dive but will reserve judgement until trial by sportscene we are still in with a chance of top 6 so will be in Aberdeen Saturday

Happy with a point today. A win next week will be enough for top 6.
I think we’ll just do it!!!

Both sides had enough chances to win four games.

Still cannot comprehend how Callachan missed from two yards.  Quality wise it was mostly awful but entertaining as both teams attacked as much as they could.

Very few players were good today tbh. Laidlaw was fine, Vokins tried hard,

Paton's shot when he could have just rolled in (Cookie, I think) was laughably inept in every way and summed him game up.

I thought it'd be a hard fought draw and I was right.

(04-02-2022, 06:42 PM)DeLeeuw\s Boot Wrote: Both sides had enough chances to win four games.

Still cannot comprehend how Callachan missed from two yards.  Quality wise it was mostly awful but entertaining as both teams attacked as much as they could.

Paton's shot when he could have just rolled in (Cookie, I think) was laughably inept in every way and summed him game up.

Yes it was entertaining but have to disagree about your negative thoughts on the way we played and the lack of quality. The 20 minutes around our goal, which was fully deserved, were some of the best we've played all season. Hearts showed why they're way above the other teams in the league ( apart from the Glasgow twosome of course ). They at least played the ball across the back but through the midfield rather than humping it upfield. If you saw Sportscene you'll be able to comprehend why Callachan missed from 2 yards. Paton is a good player till he gets to the final pass or the final shot, but laughably inept is somewhat harsh.  
 A good crowd in to appreciate our performance. Really really hope we beat Aberdeen next week and get into the top 6.

(04-03-2022, 08:24 AM)It\s Only A Game Wrote: Paton is a good player till he gets to the final pass or the final shot, but laughably inept is somewhat harsh.  

You're forgetting his uncanny ability to take eight touches of the ball, ignore an easy pass and run straight into an opposition player.

Hearts penalty was a crafty piece of cheating which should be punished retrospectively. Although Gordon made a good save from the Callachan effort, no professional player should be missing from there. We could’ve won and we could’ve lost. Baldwin stood out for me as one of our better performers. Enjoyable game.

(04-02-2022, 06:42 PM)DeLeeuw\s Boot Wrote: Both sides had enough chances to win four games.

That is a very strange take on the game yesterday.