Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The top 6 run in
With 7 teams vying for 3 positions and only 4 points between them, it’s going to be a nerve wracking and exciting run in with lots of twists and turns.
We are the only team that have to face 2 off the top 3, followed by Aberdeen away.
St mirren are the only other team that have a game against one of the old firm, so, on paper it looks like we have the hardest run in.
Can’t decide if 4 points will be enough, may need 6, but it’s great that Malky and the team have got us into this position.

Its hard to say how many points will be needed given that any team is capable of taking point of any other but would think 5 points would be enough. As you say it is great to be in this position, considering our poor start to the season. 
Should we manage to finish in the top six there is a real chance of Europe as I would think 5th place will open up for European qualification this season. To get into Europe just may be the thing that would persuade RCC to sign for another season.

We've, celtic (A), Hearts (H), aberdeen (A) to play before the split. Many of our rivals have easier run ins.

If we can get 5 or more points from those three fixtures we'll deserve to be in the top 6.

We've got a pretty nasty run in.

I would personally take four points off that and if we miss out on the top six, so be it. The run since the first ten games has been incredible.

If we win 2-0 vs Aberdeen, and Dundee Utd lose 0-2 to Dundee (unlikely) we could finish on same points and same goal difference. Does anyone know the next criteria for placement - is it goals scored?

(04-04-2022, 12:04 PM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: If we win 2-0 vs Aberdeen, and Dundee Utd lose 0-2 to Dundee  (unlikely) we could finish on same points and same goal difference.  Does anyone know the next criteria for placement - is it goals scored?

I would guess so? Not easy to find anything that specifically states this, though.

In the current league table, we have the same points and goal difference as Livingston. We are 7th and they are 8th but we have scored more goals so that would appear to answer that question. Also it only requires us to get a one goal win and Dundee Utd a one goal defeat on Saturday to square our respective goal differences.

We need to win, and for one of the following situations to happen to make top-6:
  • Hibs to fail to beat Hearts
  • Dundee to beat Dundee United (we would leapfrog United on GS as a minimum)
  • Motherwell & Livingston Draw (we would leapfrog Motherwell on GD)
  • Livingston to beat Motherwell by no more goals than we beat Aberdeen by (we leapfrog Motherwell, but have to at least match Livi's margin of win to stay ahead of Livi)
There is one other situation in which we can sneak into the top-6.
If we only draw with Aberdeen we would need all of the following to happen:
  • Hearts to beat Hibs by 4 or more goals (we would leapfrog Hibs on GD and/or GS)
  • Motherwell to win or draw with Livingston (keeping Livi behind us)
  • St Mirren to draw or lose to Rangers (keeping St Mirren behind us)
The first two results in this situation both happening seems unlikely, so really we need to win. The Edinburgh Derby is probably the most likely direction to look after that.
.: Ours, is the Fury :.

(04-04-2022, 10:34 PM)Spain Wrote: We need to win, and for one of the following situations to happen to make top-6:
  • Livingston to beat Motherwell by no more goals than we beat Aberdeen by (we leapfrog Motherwell, but have to at least match Livi's margin of win to stay ahead of Livi)
  • Hearts to beat Hibs by 4 or more goals (we would leapfrog Hibs on GD and/or GS)
The first two results in this situation both happening seems unlikely, so really we need to win. The Edinburgh Derby is probably the most likely direction to look after that.
I wonder what the bookies would give you for these scenario’s to happen ?

(04-04-2022, 10:34 PM)Spain Wrote: We need to win, and for one of the following situations to happen to make top-6:

Top work, thanks.

Being top six would be a hell of an achievement from the start we had. Nothing to be too despondent about if we don't, the turn around has been incredible.

Still hoping we can mind, play to the best we can and we can 100% beat a stuttering Aberdeen side.

Tickets bought! Me and Pete Jnr will be in attendance.

Let's hope for a large exodus of County fans heading down the A96 to spur on the team. Let's do this. Mon the staggies.
Born a Highlander always a Highlander

According to Goodwin there is no chance of Aberdeen dropping any points against us,in fact,Goodwin is looking forward to European football Huh

I'm still absolutely choked with Covid, so I'll be missing it. Hopefully we can rattle some Doric cages with a win.

Would love to go to this, but will have to watch it online from the comfort of a hospital bed, will probably need some extra sedation at some point during the game lol

(04-05-2022, 08:32 PM)nairnboy Wrote: According to Goodwin there is no chance of Aberdeen dropping any points against us,in fact,Goodwin is looking forward to European football Huh

never liked him as a st mirren player, just a brutal thug and comments like that won’t help change my opinion, hope we put 3 or 4 past them.

I'm still hoping we beat Aberdeen, Hibs lose to Hearts and end up in the bottom six, so we can stick the finger up at them for doing the dirty on us "stealing" Harry Clarke. Also at Arsenal for choosing Hibs because Harry would surely get more experience playing in the top six while poor old County would be scrapping for relegation.

(04-06-2022, 05:15 PM)It\s Only A Game Wrote: I'm still hoping we beat Aberdeen, Hibs lose to Hearts and end up in the bottom six, so we can stick the finger up at them for doing the dirty on us "stealing" Harry Clarke. Also at Arsenal for choosing Hibs because Harry would surely get more experience playing in the top six while poor old County would be scrapping for relegation.
Now that would be karma……….

(04-06-2022, 05:15 PM)It\s Only A Game Wrote: I'm still hoping we beat Aberdeen, Hibs lose to Hearts and end up in the bottom six, so we can stick the finger up at them for doing the dirty on us "stealing" Harry Clarke. Also at Arsenal for choosing Hibs because Harry would surely get more experience playing in the top six while poor old County would be scrapping for relegation.

exactly my feelings on the whole situation, would love to see that happen lol, maybe Arsenal would recall him and loan him back to us so that he’s “playing at a more elite level.”

Harry Clarke had the option to stay with us, so he is tarnished as well.