Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Vs st mirren
I’d stick with the same starting 11 for this one, being a home game and the excitement of the race for the top 6 building, I’d hope the players put on a performance and get the 3 points, no reason why they can’t do it.
If we want top 6, then this is a game we must win, the points will be harder to gather from the following 3 fixtures of Celtic/hearts/Aberdeen.

This game has become massive with the results leading up to it. A win could set us up for 3 harder games perfectly, although Hearts haven't exactly been firing on all cylinders of late and Aberdeen are below us (lol). 9 points out our next 4 games isn't beyond our reach and should be our aim.

I'd go with the same XI providing all are fit and ready to go. Would be good to get a glimpse of Josh Sims, but i guess he's still not fit!

I'd possibly swap Vokins for Randall as he offered more going forward and I'd drop Paton for Spittal- Paton's been a waling red card who's escaped it the last few weeks.

Think we can grab something from this one.

(03-03-2022, 07:26 PM)DeLeeuw\s Boot Wrote: I'd possibly swap Vokins for Randall as he offered more going forward and I'd drop Paton for Spittal- Paton's been a waling red card who's escaped it the last few weeks.

Think we can grab something from this one.
Definitely agree about Vokins coming in. Much more effective at tackling, passing and crossing. Ramsay has got to remain at left back for same reasons. Spittal a good impact sub. Would hope Sims would feature at some point. White must be due a goal!

The same team as last night would mean effectively 1 change in 3 games, over the space of a week. That's a pretty tall order for any player looking to maintain their physical best.

I thought we might have changed more than just the one for Motherwell, but glad we had just about enough left in the tank to get through that one. I would imagine there will be a few more changes for this one though - Paton being the obvious one. I think we look a better side when Spittal plays, so hopefully he comes in from the start. Other than that, though, it's a tough one to call who would miss out, even if some players will definetly be feeling the legs.
Dico Tibi Verum, Libertas Optima Rerum: Nunquam Servili Sub Nexu Vivito, Fili

"Freedom Is Best, I Tell Thee True, Of All Things To Be Won.
Then Never Live Within The Bonds Of Slavery My Son" William Wallace (1270-1305)

Decent start.

Hungbo has Tanser absolutely done for pace.

If you'd have told me Jack Baldwin would be one of our most competent top flight centre halves after his first handful of games, I'd have laughed at you.

Look at him now, a tower of strength and smart decision making.

Great result again and you won’t see a better penalty. Baldwin easily man of the match and Lacoviti not far behind. Randell again bit of a weak link in defence. His passing and failure to challenge properly for headers is a concern and easily solved with the inclusion of Vokins. Can’t remember the last time we won three in a row in the SPL. There is now a level of expectation . Praise to the team and management.

Disagree with you Randall comment, last two games were clean sheets, he was the BBC website man of the match, and what about his clearance toward the end of the game? Wow !

(03-05-2022, 05:47 PM)DeLeeuw\s Boot Wrote: If you'd have told me Jack Baldwin would be one of our most competent top flight centre halves after his first handful  of games, I'd have laughed at you.

Look at him now, a tower of strength and smart decision making.

We haven't missed Harry Clarke as much as I thought we would, and that's down to Baldwin recent form, ramseys been a great addition to.

(03-06-2022, 12:35 PM)tattiedave Wrote: Disagree  with you Randall comment, last two games were clean sheets, he was the BBC website man of the match, and what about his clearance toward the end of the game? Wow !

If we go by those ratings Stephen Kelly is the greatest player to wear a County top.

(03-05-2022, 07:30 PM)USSR Tycoon Wrote: Great result again and you won’t see a better penalty. Baldwin easily man of the match and Lacoviti not far behind. Randell again bit of a weak link in defence. His passing and failure to challenge properly for headers is a concern and easily solved with the inclusion of Vokins. Can’t remember the last time we won three in a row in the SPL. There is now a level of expectation . Praise to the team and management.

Not sure Vokins is the man to sort a lack of heading the ball...

IMO Randall has been pretty consistent this season when he has played. He's not as good going forward as Clarke was, but i'd take being more solid at the back.

Not sure theres a team in the country that will fancy coming to Dingwall now - that can only be a good thing Smile

(03-06-2022, 05:46 PM)DeLeeuw\s Boot Wrote: If we go by those ratings Stephen Kelly is the greatest player to wear a County top.
Randall had a great game on Saturday. He was my man of the match, closely followed by Tilson.

No issue with Randall at all. Love it when he pretends to lose the ball when we’re 1-0 up with 5 to go!