Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Motherwell 18 Jan
We’re back!!

Think both new signings will start as Baldwin is suspended. 

Think he might just go with one striker. With the bigger bench and extra subs easy enough to change things as required. 

AMB

Ramsay Drysdale Iacovitti Vokins

Hungbo Spittal Tillson Callachan  RCC

D Samuel 

Confidence in the group should be very high, with our positivity we will win 2-0 and move into mid table.

I hadn't realised that Baldwin was suspended, hopefully Iacovitti is fit again.

I was forgetting about Baldwin's suspension. That leaves us tight at the back, even with the new signings!

AMB
Ramsay Drysdale Watson Vokins
Cancola Tilson
Hugbo Spittal RCC
White

What is everyone's view on the 5 subs being reintroduced? I'm not a fan personally as i think it favours the bigger teams... and we're the smallest team ?

I'm not sure we have enough players to fill the extended bench - now 9

taking your team above although I seriously question the inclusion of Watson and Cancola Smile

We have:
1. D Samuel
2. A Samuel
-. H Paton (injured)
3. B Paton
4. Burroughs
5. Callachan
6. Iacovitti
7. Randall
-. Baldwin (suspended)
8. Laidlaw

Don't think I've missed anyone, could include Grivoti tomorrow to make the 9 but I think he's heading out on loan too.

Im just assuming Iacovitti is still injured. Cancola has been quite good this season - would be good to see him get a run of games.

Guessing we'll see Matthew Wright, Adam Mackinnon and Tom Grivosti more with the larger benches, and it'll be a last minute loan move if they're deemed not ready.

Decent display tonight. Was sure we should have been 1 up at half time, but I'll take it.

Great 3 points though and opens up a bit of a gal from the bottom 2

Great win , can’t fault any of the players really without being brilliant they got the job done , hope hungbo and cancola aren’t out long and obviously now tillson is suspended too, Drysdale was strong on his debut which was good to see , impressed with dom samuels hold up and link up play, Charles cook what can you say he’s on fire just now long may it continue

Great team performance and it sounded like a good atmosphere again in Vicky Park.

Give RCC a blank cheque and let him put down any number he wants.

Great result. Dire first half but Motherwell didn't look like scoring. Better second half but dismayed by goal. Someone should have tracked the scorer but a good goal nevertheless. Thought we might have held on for a draw but played much better after sending off. Players worked really hard and got the results. RCC man of the match..Bit of atmosphere around the park. New lad did well

Fantastic result! not a great 1st half, not sure how Hungbo managed to get injured as I'm not sure he touched the ball. Cancola for me was off the pace yet again and had he not been injured I'm pretty sure would have been pulled at HT. Spittal also quiet.
Brilliant effort 2nd half, RCC doing what RCC does. I think the red was a bit harsh but I'm not sure an appeal would be successful as the studs were showing. They should have gone down to 10 for the body check on Burroughs that was a nailed on second yellow.
Drysdale looked solid, good that we've got some competition for the two CB roles.

It wasn't a performance to win 3-1 against a team in 4th place, but we did and that is showing the grit of this team, they don't lie down for anyone. Love it !!

Great result last night. Wasn't at the game, just saw the highlights on Sportscene.
We're starting to distance ourselves from Dundee and St Johnstone.

Just being curious. Can anyone tell me what the situation was re Covid? Were there any checks? Was anyone being tested?

Hungbo seemed to be walking, albeit a bit gingerly at full time, so hopefully hes not too bad.

At 1-1 I figured we would be very lucky to hold on for a draw. However RC-C had other ideas. Motherwell were very poor in the second half, its a very unattractive style of football they play.

The young team need to be careful with pitch invasions, can see that ending in tears.

(01-19-2022, 12:16 PM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: Hungbo seemed to be walking, albeit a bit gingerly at full time, so hopefully hes not too bad.

At 1-1 I figured we would be very lucky to hold on for a draw.  However RC-C had other ideas.  Motherwell were very poor in the second half, its a very unattractive  style of football they play.

The young team need to be careful with pitch invasions, can see that ending in tears.

Totally agree. Running on the pitch can not be the norm. Their fans did it too. It wasn't an overwhelming outpouring of emotion for a goal that secures survival on the last day, they were just goals in the middle of a game.
Its great that we're getting a bit of a home atmosphere but they need to be steered in the right way..

(01-19-2022, 12:16 PM)It\s Only A Game Wrote: Great result last night. Wasn't at the game, just saw the highlights on Sportscene.
We're starting to distance ourselves from Dundee and St Johnstone.

Just being curious. Can anyone tell me what the situation was re Covid? Were there any checks?  Was anyone being tested?

Everybody I saw going in to the ground had their passports or LFT checked. Seemed pretty relaxed, everyone obliging etc.

Staggy1929 Wrote:Give RCC a blank cheque and let him put down any number he wants.

And to think John Hughes and some fans didn't rate him last season, credit to Malky for giving him the support, encouragement and belief to unlock his potential, was great to see that huge smile on his face last night.
club need to offer an extended contract ASAP.

(01-19-2022, 12:26 PM)RCChimp Wrote: Totally agree. Running on the pitch can not be the norm. Their fans did it too. It wasn't an overwhelming outpouring of emotion for a goal that secures survival on the last day, they were just goals in the middle of a game.
Its great that we're getting a bit of a home atmosphere but they need to be steered in the right way..
Agree there 

Ive seen a lot of moaning about the young folk coming in. The drive was there to attract them, they've done wonders for the atmosphere, 
Stop berating them too hard on social media and just get them steered in the right direction, 
They are the future "moaning old ba*tards" of our club, and they're doing a cracking job

(01-19-2022, 06:54 PM)Fabrizio Wrote: Agree there 

Ive seen a lot of moaning about the young folk coming in. The drive was there to attract them, they've done wonders for the atmosphere, 
Stop berating them too hard on social media and just get them steered in the right direction, 
They are the future "moaning old ba*tards" of our club, and they're doing a cracking job
Great atmosphere last night. The young team were not going on the pitch before, but they have now seen Celtic and Motherwell fans doing it,and now they are copying.They are young lads celebrating their team winning. A steward at each gate will stop the majority going on to pitch. Hopefully the club and the fans don’t get nailed for it, as we are starting to make a noise again at the games

as discussed....

https://www.rosscountyfootballclub.co.uk...incursions

(01-20-2022, 03:58 PM)RCChimp Wrote: as discussed....

https://www.rosscountyfootballclub.co.uk...incursions
What we will see is away fans getting away with it ,and home fans, let’s be honest they were very young, unlike the adults of Celtic and Motherwell pitch invaders,getting hammered and the young team will disappear and Victoria Park will once again become as quiet as a library.
It has happened in the past.