Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Loan signings
There has much been said about loan loan signings but my take on  this is a club like ours with a limited budget we get a better quality player than signing a player for the same money. This season we have probably got more than usual but with what I think is having  a good manager appointed with good contacts loans could be a very  good thing.

Certainly our two best / most consistent players are loans. Add to that our LB and GK and I suspect there is more to come from Burroughs. Robertson we just don’t know. Have to say it’s been some great business.
Unfortunately I don’t think our Academy is going to pump fresh talent into the first team, longer term that should be our aim but I suspect a lot more would need to be invested in the setup.
And we’re just not in the market to go and buy players

The trouble with the loan approach is obvious in that you have to rebuild every year and never get the financial reward of developing the young talent that goes and plays at a higher level or gets sold on.

Clarke and Hungbo have been huge for us. Burroughs doesn't seem too great but hasn't had a chance in his position. Robertson should honestly just go back to City as he doesn't seem close to getting a chance. Vokins is coming onto a game a little bit and I feel the best is yet to come.

I had completely forgot Robertson was even at the club.
Dico Tibi Verum, Libertas Optima Rerum: Nunquam Servili Sub Nexu Vivito, Fili

"Freedom Is Best, I Tell Thee True, Of All Things To Be Won.
Then Never Live Within The Bonds Of Slavery My Son" William Wallace (1270-1305)

We pay next to nothing for Robertson, not a reason to keep him but releasing him doesn't free up a wage. In fact sending him back is probably the most expensive thing we could do at the moment.
Racists have no place at RCFC.

We’ll be paying a full wage for him. Loan players aren’t free, a good portion if not all of their wages will be covered by us.
How sending him back could be the most expensive thing is nonsense. We’ll not have entered into any agreement that guarantees keeping or playing a young lad with no experience.

As it stands I would say this loan is not working for us or the player. At least at his parent club he could play weekly in their u21. That said he could just be injured or had some covid related issues. I suppose we’ll know in the next week or so.

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/spo...er-window/

(12-30-2021, 12:03 PM)RCChimp Wrote: We’ll be paying a full wage for him.

Not the case at all.

We very rarely cover a full wage when loaning in players, in fact over the past 5 seasons there are less than five players that I can think of who we have fully payed for.

It is a very rare occurrence.
Racists have no place at RCFC.

Sorry didn’t realise you were the clubs accountant.

I said paying a full wage which is different to paying all their wages. Some of these young premier league players may well be on 2-3 thousand a week of which we may pay 50%
Which I would also think is in the ball park of what we pay our own players. Freeing up the wages (or part of) of a Man City player would pay for another player regardless of permanent or an alternative loan on the same terms.
Certainly will not be the most expensive thing we could do!

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/spo...cut-short/

Robertson returns to Man City

RCChimp Wrote:https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/spo...cut-short/

Robertson returns to Man City

This is understandable and probably for the best as he wasn't featuring much and latterly wasn't even makng the bench.

The Clarke loan being cut short still stinks of dirty underhand tactics from hibs to me, no different to tapping up a player under contract imo.

(01-08-2022, 03:13 PM)Westhillstaggies Wrote: This is understandable and probably for the best as he wasn't featuring much and latterly wasn't even makng the bench.

The Clarke loan being cut short still stinks of dirty underhand tactics from hibs to me, no different to tapping up a player under contract imo.
Have to agree! We shall not forget!!

USSR Tycoon Wrote:Have to agree! We shall not forget!!

I can hear the chant now " you're just player stealing (make your own last word up)"