Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
St Johnstone 22/12
Somehow this one has got even bigger than it was first time around.
And now the last time to play in front of fans for at least a month Sad

Expect us to go on the attack in a must not lose game

AMB
Randall Clarke Baldwin Vokins
Hungbo Spittal Cancola RCC
White D Samuel

Think he'll go 4 4 2 again, if so I think  the team pretty well picks itself.

goal aside I didn't think Cancola had a great game last time but that strike will keep his place.

my preference would be for 1 up front. If so I'd bring Watson in at CB, move Clarke out to the right and start Samuel up front. Also gives better options to change things from the bench.

I think we will win and if we get a good start we could win big. That said a dirty 1-0 scrap of a win will be more than acceptable.

(12-22-2021, 08:13 AM)RCChimp Wrote: Somehow this one has got even bigger than it was first time around.
And now the last time to play in front of fans for at least a month Sad

Depends if the winter break is brought forward or not.

However it seems we are keen to continue with 500 fans, as are Sevco. All the other sides would welcome the break.
Racists have no place at RCFC.

The way we play should suit us against St Johnstone's 3-5-2, if we play with attacking full backs. Id go with:

AMB
Clarke Watson Baldwin Randall
Cancola Tilson
Hungbo Spittal RCC
White

This would be an important win!

(12-22-2021, 09:59 AM)ShawIsDynamite Wrote: Depends if the winter break is brought forward or not.

However it seems we are keen to continue with 500 fans, as are Sevco. All the other sides would welcome the break.

Of course we have to continue with football. England has a full festive card with full fans. Celtic have their usual agenda of trying to avoid a game because of injuries. They are only interested in avoiding the old firm game. Other teams who are like minded would like to strengthen and then play the games which should be played before the transfer window at their convenience.
To close down scottish football again would be catrastrophic and embarrassing!

(12-22-2021, 11:16 AM)USSR Tycoon Wrote: Of course we have to continue with football. England has a full festive card with full fans. Celtic have their usual agenda of trying to avoid a game because of injuries. They are only interested in avoiding the old firm game. Other teams who are like minded would like to strengthen and then play the games which should be played before the transfer window at their convenience.
To close down scottish football again would be catrastrophic and embarrassing!

English games aren't being played in front of reduced crowds.
Racists have no place at RCFC.

Well done Malky Mackay and the boys! Big win for us. Pity Celtic couldn't beat St Midden otherwise we'd have been up to 9th. Haven't seen any of the game but on the BBC text it looked like we could have scored more.
I'm sure some of our "supporters" on here will find lots of negatives to write about.

Well done Malky and the team and the hardy staggies who made the trip, well deserved winners, hit the woodwork 4 times and st Johnstones goal was a deflection, the win was never in any doubt.
2 assists for hungbo, the first was as good a pass as you'll see all season and rcc finished it brilliantly.
Doubt we'll see rcc for the hearts game as he was taken off and was limping heavily with an ice pack on his knee after the game.
Hungbo easily man of the match by a mile

Magnificent performance. Playing some great stuff in recent weeks. Much better football compared to this time last year. Malky deserves some credit for what he is trying to do on the park. Long may it continue.

Good win and a very important three points. HE GOT THE SUBS RIGHT LAST NIGHT! Bringing on Samuel to keep the Saints defence from playing balls into the midfield and forcing them long, great decision. RCC and Hungbo are a class above this year.

That could easily have been more comfortable, but a great win nonetheless.

Quick word on St Johnstone, what has happened to them..? They were really impressive last season, I know they have injuries but looked all over the place last night. Maybe the ghost of Ritchie Brittain visited them last night in their bedchambers and gave them the fear.

(12-22-2021, 11:17 PM)Westhillstaggies Wrote: Well done Malky and the team and the hardy staggies who made the trip, well deserved winners, hit the woodwork 4 times and st Johnstones goal was a deflection, the win was never in any doubt.
2 assists for hungbo, the first was as good a pass as you'll see all season and rcc finished it brilliantly.
Doubt we'll see rcc for the hearts game as he was taken off and was limping heavily with an ice pack on his knee after the game.
Hungbo easily man of the match by a mile

Second goal was a RCC assist - and probably where he injured himself as he stayed down afterwards.

A lot of good play for the most part, but for a team that makes plenty of chances we can be a bit wasteful in front of goal at times. I know we're up there with the top scorers in the division and thankfully last night wasn't one that got away, but if we can take one or two more of these chances we're creating we'll climb the table very quickly.
Dico Tibi Verum, Libertas Optima Rerum: Nunquam Servili Sub Nexu Vivito, Fili

"Freedom Is Best, I Tell Thee True, Of All Things To Be Won.
Then Never Live Within The Bonds Of Slavery My Son" William Wallace (1270-1305)