Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3.5 Average
January Window
What do we require?

I think we need to strengthen, we are pretty threadbare at the back so I would like to see another centre half as cover if nothing else.  Another injury and we are in trouble.

A striker would be good too, but we have lots of attacking options in midfield, so less of a priority.

Striker I think as although Samuel and white are playing ok we could do with another option to compliment , ideally someone who is a consistent scorer as neither of our current pair are , being Freddy a centre half would be good but otherwise I’m rather happy to go with what we have barring any injuries

I reckon we're a centre half and a striker away from being "complete". Matthew Wright is due back from Brora and Tom Grivosti from Elgin in January I believe, so that might cover it in the eyes of the board.

Hope we don't lose anybody, but if the team continues on this form, it could be a busy summer of comings and goings again!

Target 1 a proven striker maybe a loan of an out of favour player
Target 2 a centre half
Target 3 a CM playmaker, maybe an old head that can sit in the middle of our young energetic players.

Assume all loans have recall/return options
Must keep all loans probably with the exception of Robertson.

Minor tweaks only

(12-27-2021, 12:11 PM)RCChimp Wrote: Target 1 a proven striker maybe a loan of an out of favour player
Target 2 a centre half
Target 3 a CM playmaker, maybe an old head that can sit in the middle of our young energetic players.

Minor tweaks only
Proven strikers  are as common as rocking horse [censored]
Will Grivosti be back in January
A good playmaer is hard to find on our budget, its not eveyday we can find a Jackson Irvine

(12-27-2021, 12:11 PM)RCChimp Wrote: Target 1 a proven striker maybe a loan of an out of favour player
Target 2 a centre half

Minor tweaks only
Would agree with you but what have you against Robertson? Ive not seen enough of him to form an opioion

(12-28-2021, 06:02 AM)sting Wrote: Proven strikers  are as common as rocking horse [censored]
Will Grivosti be back in January
A good playmaer is hard to find on our budget, its not eveyday we can find a Jackson Irvine

Would agree with you but what have you against Robertson? Ive not seen enough of him to form an opioion
Absolutely nothing, but we’re paying the wages of someone that in the most part hasn’t even made the bench. If he was our player then fine, you give him time. Loans for me have to be in and around it.

We need a striker and if we can't get one then we need a 10 that chips in with goals. Malky seems to like Dom Samuel in that position. If we can get someone in there to get us 5-10 league goals by the end of the season we probably should stay up. Defensively I don't know if our sloppiness at the back can be fixed by just putting someone in there and hoping they can sort it but it's worth trying I suppose.

A couple in and a couple out maybe?

https://www.ross-shirejournal.co.uk/spor...cy-261516/

January the 1st and we are linked with Alex Gogic , Cypriot international defensive midfielder of Hibernian, morecambe and st mirren both also linked so we will have a battle on to land him, he’s in his final 6 months and In my opinion would be a cracking player to snap up for free

Just hearing Harry Clark off to Hibs . Absolutely raging with this!! How the hell is this us strengthening. The club have a bit of explaining to do with this one. Beside myself with anger!!

USSR Tycoon Wrote:Just hearing Harry Clark off to Hibs . Absolutely raging with this!! How the hell is this us strengthening. The club have a bit of explaining to do with this one. Beside myself with anger!!

I smell bull on that one, and even in the unlikely event he is, that's a decision for arsenal/the player to make, not Ross county.

(01-02-2022, 11:01 PM)USSR Tycoon Wrote: Just hearing Harry Clark off to Hibs . Absolutely raging with this!! How the hell is this us strengthening. The club have a bit of explaining to do with this one. Beside myself with anger!!

How would that in any way be Ross County's fault if Arsenal decide to recall him and sell/loan him to Hibs instead?

(01-02-2022, 11:01 PM)USSR Tycoon Wrote: Just hearing Harry Clark off to Hibs . Absolutely raging with this!! How the hell is this us strengthening. The club have a bit of explaining to do with this one. Beside myself with anger!!

If it’s true… Hibs made an offer, Arsenal accepted it. He’s a loanee so absolutely nothing the Club can do if they weren’t aware of any negotiations. Only thing I would suggest is that we could submit a counter offer, but if you were Clarke, which club would you choose?

If it’s a season long loan then surely that must be honoured. Any team losing their best player mid season is devastating and not one that will endear the fans.

USSR Tycoon Wrote:If it’s a season long loan then surely that must be honoured. Any team losing their best player mid season is devastating and not one that will endear the fans.

Parent clubs reserve the right to recall their loan players at anytime,  we could do the same to Brora if another club put in an offer for Mathew Wright

(01-03-2022, 12:04 AM)Westhillstaggies Wrote: Parent clubs reserve the right to recall their loan players at anytime,  we could do the same to Brora if another club put in an offer for Mathew Wright
Okay then I’m discouraged with our dealings. The manager promoted the fact that we’d do good business in the loan market with his ‘good contacts’. Also said some fringe players would be leaving. Don’t think this piece of business can be just explained away as ‘that’s how it goes’! I’m assuming he’s went to Hibs on loan and they haven’t actually bought him. That really would be bizarre!

(01-03-2022, 12:26 AM)USSR Tycoon Wrote: Okay then I’m discouraged with our dealings. The manager promoted the fact that we’d do good business in the loan market with his ‘good contacts’. Also said some fringe players would be leaving. Don’t think this piece of business can be just explained away as ‘that’s how it goes’! I’m assuming he’s went to Hibs on loan and they haven’t actually bought him. That really would be bizarre!

he’s out of contract in 6 months so I imagine hibs will have submitted a bid to arsenal who will then recall him and sell him to hibs

This is where we are as a club with this policy of loan signings, which may be a stop gap to build up a squad good enough to compete in the SPFL.
I have never been a big fan of loan signings,but the quality of them this season has been there for all to see.
We get a decent player on loan,it showcases him and as in the case of Harry,it looks like it has worked for Harry and Arsenal ,as Arsenal get a fee for a player they would have been releasing in the summer,Harry goes to a much bigger club than County.
Disappointing to lose him,now Malky has his work cut out to find someone of same quality or better.

(01-03-2022, 12:46 PM)tattiedave Wrote: This is where we are as a club with this policy of loan signings, which may be a stop gap to build up a squad good enough to compete in the SPFL.
I have never been a big fan of loan signings,but the quality of them this season has been there for all to see.
We get a decent player on loan,it showcases him and as in the case of Harry,it looks like it has worked for Harry and Arsenal ,as Arsenal get a fee for a player they would have been releasing in the summer,Harry goes to a much bigger club than County.
Disappointing to lose him,now Malky has his work cut out to find someone of same quality or better.
gutted can only hope he is the only 1 I would imagine a few teams have been eyeing Hungbo 
surly we could have a clause inserted to give us first option to buy should the loan player become available

Donaldson has joined Dunfermline on loan , malky must have some defenders lined up letting him go the day after Clarkes departure