Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Livingston 18/12
Another game in this hectic schedule.
Couple of injuries with Iacovitti and I assume Paton is out also.

Big game as they all seem to be right now, fancy a little 2-0 tomorrow please boys.

AMB
Clarke Watson Baldwin Vokins
Hungbo Spittal Burroughs Callachan RCC
D Samuel 

I think White is working better off the bench and so I'd start DS. JB did add something when he came on midweek and I'd like to see more of him rather than Cancola.

Wednesday will have taken a lot out of them.
RCC and Hungbo were injured on Wednesday ,hope they are both not out of tomorrow’s game.

RCC and Hungbo are key to us getting at teams as quite often they get doubled up on creating space for others.
If they're out it'll be a tough 90.
Can see a 1-1 here.

Sickening goal to lose at the end but a decent performance by County. A good point to pick up from a tough fixture.

(12-18-2021, 11:23 AM)Staggy1929 Wrote: RCC and Hungbo are key to us getting at teams as quite often they get doubled up on creating space for others. 
If they're out it'll be a tough 90.
Can see a 1-1 here.
Should've put money on it! Baffling decision to bring on another defender and sit in considering our last game with Livi. Poor game management but the team battled well and we could've maybe scored another couple.

(12-18-2021, 05:59 PM)Staggy1929 Wrote: Should've put money on it! Baffling decision to bring on another defender and sit in considering our last game with Livi. Poor game management but the team battled well and we could've maybe scored another couple.
So it's the manager's fault again. Hmm...

Won’t really complain at a point on the road , 3 would’ve been ideal though , fair play for starting 2 strikers and glad to see spittal start although not at the expense of hungbo , also that back 4 is my first choice for the foreseeable

(12-18-2021, 05:59 PM)Staggy1929 Wrote: Should've put money on it! Baffling decision to bring on another defender and sit in considering our last game with Livi. Poor game management but the team battled well and we could've maybe scored another couple.
Baffling? You don’t throw a striker on when you are 1 up away from home with 10 mins left.
We lost the goal because we didn’t press enough to stop the cross,a mistake ,not tactical failure.
I would have taken a draw at the start of today.
Baldwin is out of the Aberdeen game due to his yellow card today.

Bang on the money. Putting on a defender just invited further pressure. It was a poor decision and not the first time it has happened. Bring on another defender is fine if you keep a high line of engagement, however we fell further and further back. 

Two points lost.
Racists have no place at RCFC.

For me sending on Watson sent out the wrong message which merely encouraged Livingston as they could feel we were panicking. I would rather have seen Hungbo come on and drive around with his massive enthusiasm. He can take the ball for a run ( as can RCC) but can also get stuck in defensively ( where RCC struggles).

Most of the guys put in a good shift today although some passing was again wayward and sloppy especially when we were on top in the first half . I think we missed our chance then as Livingston came out all guns blazing in the second half and we were then mainly on the back foot.

Easy to be a critic of course and generally I have to say our play has been improving game after game. Although in saying that we’ve played better than we did today and lost.

I do feel some teams are going to be on the end of a hammering once everything clicks into place. Perth would be a good place for that to start……..

(12-18-2021, 11:48 PM)Brick on the wall Wrote: I do feel some teams are going to be on the end of a hammering once everything clicks into place.  Perth would be a good place for that to start……..

We're eighteen games into the season, surely things should have clicked by now?
Racists have no place at RCFC.

(12-20-2021, 07:07 AM)ShawIsDynamite Wrote: We're eighteen games into the season, surely things should have clicked by now?

Pretty much agree with this.

Maybe near the end of they season they will  Dodgy

(12-20-2021, 07:07 AM)ShawIsDynamite Wrote: We're eighteen games into the season, surely things should have clicked by now?
Yes but we are not far away from it. We are 4th top scorers in the league despite not having a player who is anywhere near prolific up front. Unfortunately we are second poorest in goals against.

Story of our season is the lack of a strong leader at the back and someone to score regularly. If we can fix either one of them in the January window and maintain the rest of our performance levels we will pull away from the pack and be comfortable at the end of the season. Without either it will be less comfortable but still viable to be 10th or better.

Overall, considering the upheaval at the start of the season we have come a long way, so I think we should have faith in our management team to get us over the line.

(12-18-2021, 08:37 PM)tattiedave Wrote: Baffling? You don’t throw a striker on when you are 1 up away from home with 10 mins left.
We lost the goal because we didn’t press enough to stop the cross,a mistake ,not tactical failure.
I would have taken a draw at the start of today.
Baldwin is out of the Aberdeen game due to his yellow card today.
You bring on legs who can stretch the game and give you a break from sitting in your own penalty box for 20 minutes trying to clear balls to nobody. We lose late goals a fair amount and it could cost us come the end of the season. As has been said a point away to Livi is a good result but feel tactically we could've seen the game out better.

(12-18-2021, 06:16 PM)peter griffin Wrote: So it's the manager's fault again. Hmm...
It's the managers fault we have played well the last 6 or so games as well. He got it wrong on Saturday though absolutely.

Derek Macinnes whilst at Aberdeen used to quite frequently flood his defence in the last 10 minutes of a match to try and see out a win, with very much mixed success... Its a risky tactic that looks good when it works, but doesn't always work!

I wasn't at the game nor did I watch it live, but it seems that we had a couple of opportunities to get a 2nd, which we didnt take, so cant argue with a draw.

(12-20-2021, 09:59 AM)Staggy1929 Wrote: You bring on legs who can stretch the game and give you a break from sitting in your own penalty box for 20 minutes trying to clear balls to nobody. We lose late goals a fair amount and it could cost us come the end of the season. As has been said a point away to Livi is a good result but feel tactically we could've seen the game out better.

It's the managers fault we have played well the last 6 or so games as well. He got it wrong on Saturday though absolutely.
Tough venue to get a result. I'd have taken that before kickoff. Hopefully County can get a better result on Wednesday. Think they have played some decent stuff the last couple of months. Performances are whole lot better from last season. If they can get a proven goalscorer in the transfer window then they have a fighting chance.