Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
vs Celtic 15/12
Games coming in thick and fast now!

Form wise a corner seems to have been turned, though the centre of midfield were miles off the pace against Dundee and Celtic will absolutely murder us if who we have in their play like they did on Saturday.

With Hungbo and RCC in fine form and Celtic not particularly great at the back we've got a real chance here as long as we can keep it tight at the back.

I'll say a hard fought 1-1 draw.

I always felt, even at 1-2, that we would win on Saturday. Calamitous defending by Dundee true but every side in the league is open to mistakes at the back if the pressure is on them - even the old firm.

A win on Wednesday is not impossible and we have to go into the game in a positive frame of mind - no respect overload.

Don’t see any changes to the defence we finished with on Saturday but a freshen up in midfield might be on the cards. Perhaps Tillson for Cancola, Ben Paton for brother Harry and Spittal for either Callaghan or Charles Cook.

Up front White has to start and rumble up the Celtic defence, perhaps D Samuel might come on second half sometime and change to 4-4-2 if the opportunity presents itself.

No fear ! This is the hardest and most evenly distributed Premiership for years practically any team can beat any other. and realistically any 2 from about 8 could end up in trouble. Hopefully not us ?

(12-13-2021, 02:04 PM)Brick on the wall Wrote: I always felt, even at 1-2, that we would win on Saturday. Calamitous defending by Dundee true but every side in the league is open to mistakes at the back if the pressure is on them - even the old firm.

A win on Wednesday is not impossible and we have to go into the game in a positive frame of mind - no respect overload.

Don’t see any changes to the defence we finished with on Saturday but a freshen up in midfield might be on the cards. Perhaps Tillson for Cancola, Ben Paton for brother Harry and Spittal for either Callaghan or Charles Cook.

Up front White has to start and rumble up the Celtic defence, perhaps D Samuel might come on second half sometime and change to 4-4-2 if the opportunity presents itself.

No fear !  This is the hardest and most evenly distributed Premiership for years practically any team can beat any other. and realistically any 2 from about 8 could end up in trouble. Hopefully not us ?

It would be good to freshen up the midfield, I'd like to see Burroughs given a try in his natural position, maybe for Callachan. I've always felt that Tillson was unlucky to have lost his place and I think is a better option than Cancola. 

We need to play much better than Saturday but a real chance to get something from the game, minor tweaks to the lineup and we'll be competitive.  I'll dream of a win 2-1 but would be delighted with a draw.

(12-13-2021, 04:08 PM)RCChimp Wrote: It would be good to freshen up the midfield, I'd like to see Burroughs given a try in his natural position, maybe for Callachan. I've always felt that Tillson was unlucky to have lost his place and I think is a better option than Cancola. 

We need to play much better than Saturday but a real chance to get something from the game, minor tweaks to the lineup and we'll be competitive.  I'll dream of a win 2-1 but would be delighted with a draw.

I think there are games for both Tillson and Cancola. Tillson works harder and covers more ground, but Cancola has better positional sense defensively and passes the ball better. Cancola was pretty poor against Dundee tbh, the game just passed him by.

Over the years, against Rangers and Celtic, our managers tend to set up to lose by as few goals as possible so I don't expect that to change on Wednesday....... ( We usually end up losing by 3 or 4 :-) )
Maybe our luck and new manager's tactics have changed and we'll scrape a win. Would be nice.

AMB
Clarke
Watson
Baldwin
Vokins
Tillson
Cancola
Spittal
Hungbo
Charles-cook
White

That’s what I’d go with and hope we give it to them , nothing to be afraid of

Still not convinced that Skippy in goal is an improvement on Laidlaw

Just our luck that the first game after getting of the bottom of the table is against one of those 2, however I'm hopeful that we can give them a scare and get a draw and that Rangers will pump st Johnstone.

Hopefully the police/stewards will focus their attention on away fans in the home end and leave our young team alone , who have done a great job in cheering the team on , a fact the players have noticed and showed their appreciation for.

(12-15-2021, 12:58 PM)Westhillstaggies Wrote: Just our luck that the first game after getting of the bottom of the table is against one of those 2, however I'm hopeful that we can give them a scare and get a draw and that Rangers will pump st Johnstone.

Hopefully the police/stewards will focus their attention on away fans in the home end and leave our young team alone , who have done a great job in  cheering the team on , a fact the players have noticed and showed their appreciation for.
Malky was in paper today praising the young team, saying how much he and the players appreciate them.

Well it isn't great, but a point against a depleted Celtic point is better than nothing I guess.

Should have shown a lot more going forward.
Racists have no place at RCFC.

(12-15-2021, 11:00 PM)ShawIsDynamite Wrote: Well it isn't great, but a point against a depleted Celtic point is better than nothing I guess.

I take it you left before the end. The ref was not going to blow the whistle til Celtic scored. 4 minutes added on but they score in the 97th minute

(12-15-2021, 11:06 PM)sting Wrote: I take it you left before the end. The ref was not going to blow the whistle til Celtic scored. 4 minutes added on but they score in the 97th minute
sorry but you cant blame the ref for a team that sat back inside there own box for the last 15 minutes everyone saw the gaol  coming poor game management both on and off the park midfield missing again

(12-15-2021, 11:00 PM)ShawIsDynamite Wrote: Well it isn't great, but a point against a depleted Celtic point is better than nothing I guess.

ha ha what a clown, we lost you tube. Dirty wee edit incoming…

(12-15-2021, 11:06 PM)sting Wrote: I take it you left before the end. The ref was not going to blow the whistle til Celtic scored. 4 minutes added on but they score in the 97th minute
6 mins were on the board. When the Celtic fans refused to give the ball back for the corner he should have just blown for full time, already 6 mins had passed.Pitch invasion a disgrace.

First half a bright 10 or so was all Celtic, they were absolutely ripping us to shreds with ease. Second half saw a slightl improvement with the change of personnel and Baldwin who I thought had been pretty ropy for the most part had another excellent game, a last man tackle on Abada being the highlight of his game, the goal aside.

Injury time was desperate, just absolutely hacking the ball anywhere and making no attempt to retain possession, sitting with eight men basically inside our own box and it was just asking Celtic to chuck balls into the box and hope for someone to switch off- Tillson got caught way under Ralston for the goal but he had the run on him so not totally sure if he could have done much more.

I think we seriously need to look at our central midfield options in the window. For a club obsessed with signing them we don't appear to have anyone capable of really setting a rhythm or tempo to our game. Tillson works hard but lacks the vision and passing. Cancola isn't mobile enough and too often stands and gestures. Paton has attacking qualities but a deep lying playmaker he is not.

Still, pushed Celtic right to the end, just feels like a kick in the knackered to concede so late when we were a man up.

(12-16-2021, 12:17 AM)tattiedave Wrote: 6 mins were on the board. When the Celtic fans refused to give the ball back for the corner he should have just blown for full time, already 6 mins had passed.Pitch invasion a disgrace.

That isn't how stoppage time works. It is a minimum of six minutes, the referee did the correct thing. Can't say he favoured Celtic when he tried helping us out giving their lad two soft bookings. As for the pitch invasion, it is a last minute winner, what do you expect them to do? Sit and clap quietly. Given their well known political leanings, I dare say that a lot of them were more than happy to get it right up Malcolm. 

Losing to the worst Celtic side in over a decade who are down to ten men, it just won't do.

(12-15-2021, 11:45 PM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: ha ha what a clown, we lost you tube. Dirty wee edit incoming…

[Image: giphy.gif]
Racists have no place at RCFC.

(12-16-2021, 10:04 AM)ShawIsDynamite Wrote: That isn't how stoppage time works. It is a minimum of six minutes, the referee did the correct thing. Can't say he favoured Celtic when he tried helping us out giving their lad two soft bookings. As for the pitch invasion, it is a last minute winner, what do you expect them to do? Sit and clap quietly. Given their well known political leanings, I dare say that a lot of them were more than happy to get it right up Malcolm. 

Losing to the worst Celtic side in over a decade who are down to ten men, it just won't do.

Great banter that mate, make a [censored] of yourself by not watching until the final whistle then claim it was fishing.  Confused

Serious question, why do you take pleasure in "your team" losing?  Is it maybe because you arent actually a County fan?  I think its a strange paradox to "support" a team, but post your mirth every time they lose.

(12-16-2021, 11:02 AM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: Great banter that mate, make a [censored] of yourself by not watching until the final whistle then claim it was fishing.  Confused

Serious question, why do you take pleasure in "your team" losing?  Is it maybe because you arent actually a County fan?  I think its a strange paradox to "support" a team, but post your mirth every time they lose.
good question but i think everyone knows the answer to that no true county fan was leaving the ground last night when we were still drawing with the Tims 
still gutted about the result and gave my opinion last night as always there will be others who see it differently as long as its an honest opinion it should be welcome on here this guy however is nothing more than a trouble making A*** ***E
who slates our team at every opportunity

Heard that a steward broke his wrist last night as a result of the pitch invasion.

ShawIsDynamite Wrote:. As for the pitch invasion, it is a last minute winner, what do you expect them to do? Sit and clap quietly. 

And no doubt if the county fans had invaded the pitch like that, you'd be on here branding them all a bunch of racist thugs.
Give it a rest FFS