Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
vs Dundee 11/12
6 pointer?

Really need the three points to stop Dundee pulling away and a win would drag other clubs below us. If we play like we did at Dens we've got a real chance.

Going

2-0

Hungbo and White.

A bit of a must not lose game , obviously I want a win but a draw wouldn’t be too bad , hoping we go for it

AMB
Randall
Clarke
Baldwin
Vokins
Hungbo
Cancola
Paton
Callachan
Spittal
White

2-1 county

Dundee are now very aware of our threat down the wings. But just because they know about it doesn't mean they can do anything about it. I'd stick with Clarke at RB as I think his marauding runs behind Hungbo offer an extra threat. On the other side I'd go RCC rather than Spittal.
Didn't think Cancola was great last time so I'd switch back to Tillson.

3-1 win for me, best form of defence is attack, attack, attack !!

AMB
Clarke Randall Baldwin Vokins
Hungbo Paton Tillson RCC
Callacan D Samuel

(12-09-2021, 01:02 PM)RCChimp Wrote: Dundee are now very aware of our threat down the wings. But just because they know about it doesn't mean they can do anything about it. I'd stick with Clarke at RB as I think his marauding runs behind Hungbo offer an extra threat. On the other side I'd go RCC rather than Spittal.
Didn't think Cancola was great last time so I'd switch back to Tillson.

3-1 win for me, best form of defence is attack, attack, attack !!

AMB
Clarke Randall Baldwin Vokins
Hungbo Paton Tillson RCC
Callacan D Samuel

Randall at CB? 

Oooft.

(12-09-2021, 01:11 PM)Diotor Wrote: Randall at CB? 

Oooft.
Big Grin yeah I know, he just gives me with more confidence than Watson (I assume Iacovitti is injured).

Regardless of who, we have no real size across our back line. I think he'll put Clarke in at CB  but I think he's best when he has licence to get forward.

And at no point did I ever think my preferred CB partnership would be Baldwin and Iacovitti in front of AMB   Dodgy

Absolutely atrocious game of football, but will take the 3 points!

(12-11-2021, 06:28 PM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: Absolutely atrocious game of football, but will take the 3 points!
Agreed not the worst game this season but pretty close i lost count of the amount of misplaced passes direct to a Dundee player if we play like that on Wednesday we will get hammered we also need to stop the 40 yard square passes across the back line but as you said a welcome 3 points

Jo Hungbo is fast becoming a County legend. I can’t remember the last time a player was acknowledging the support of the crowd before kick off. He gave his shirt to the Staggies Young Team. There is not much chance we will see him after his loan period, but really enjoying having him around.

Just watched Sportscene and they were raving about the match. I think I must have been at a different game. Neither side deserved to win really and a poor advert for the Scottish Premiership. Though it was exciting the way we came back into the match to win and the crowd finally had something to shout about. We've played a lot better than that and got no points this season.
Still we're off the bottom and apart from Rangers and Celtic there's no big difference between all the rest of the teams in the league., and on our day we have the ability to beat them all.
Hope we are better at passing on Wednesday or we'll get hammered.

Buzzing with yesterday, the team showed great spirit coming back into it and the jailend corner made fantastic noise which the team showed there appreciation for at the goal and at the end

Great spirit to come back twice.

Our third goal was just a disaster and peak Scottish football- aimless ball forward, sliced clearance, White getting smashed by Sweeney then Cookie sclaffing his shot into the net.

Who cares though? We're off bottom.

I think County fans are going to have to get used to winning and losing games 3-2 under Malky Mackay. Going 4-4-2 at half time speaks volumes about the ambition and belief in the squad - could we see that more in the future? This is the most exciting football we have seen at the club in years

Hope Randall and Paton will be okay for the fixture backlog!

Great spirit and resolve on Saturday. Thought the middle of the park as a whole was off the pace and as people have said above if we play like that on Wednesday we'll get battered.
I thought Cancola was anonymous for the vast majority of the game and Callachan not much better. Our defence also showed a bit of their early season form :o
But the facts are... we have taken 6 points from them (so far) this season, are off the bottom and finally getting a bit more luck and rewards for our efforts

(12-11-2021, 08:28 PM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: Jo Hungbo is fast becoming a County legend. I can’t remember the last time a player was acknowledging the support of the crowd before kick off. He gave his shirt to the  Staggies Young Team. There is not much chance we will see him after his loan period, but really enjoying having him around.
So true,it’s refreshing to see such interaction with the players and fans.The young team in The Jailend are brilliant, instead of fans just sitting on their hands there is a noise from the home crowd.
I just hope the police,stewards and old guys in there cut them some slack.There is nothing nasty going on,just youthful exuberance

(12-14-2021, 08:32 AM)tattiedave Wrote: So true,it’s refreshing to see such interaction with the players and fans.The young team in The Jailend are brilliant, instead of fans just sitting on their hands there is a noise from the home crowd.
I just hope the police,stewards and old guys in there cut them some slack.There is nothing nasty going on,just youthful exuberance
Yes agreed about the young lads. They're definitely doing their bit. They'll need to watch they don't go too OTT such as throwing stuff onto the pitch in the game before last, but you can see from the reaction of the players that they are making a difference. Good for them. Hope they keep it up for the rest of the season and they may get more folk joining in.

(12-14-2021, 08:32 AM)tattiedave Wrote: So true,it’s refreshing to see such interaction with the players and fans.The young team in The Jailend are brilliant, instead of fans just sitting on their hands there is a noise from the home crowd.

It doesn't help when you have two policemen standing watching you from point blank range for 90 minutes.  Jeezo, its not as if they are a group of right wing ultras, its just kids!  Is David O'Connor still on the board?  If I was him I'd be telling the bobbies to cut them some slack.