Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Was Henry Ford a Staggie?
In a season of faux pas, it seems our social media team yesterday tweeted about selling half season tickets with a quote from Henry Ford.

Unfortunately Henry Ford was a known anti-semite. 

This adds to a long list of social media "gaffs" that we've seen over the past few months, and again shows how far removed people at the club are from the general support.

As a Ross County fan, I worry that it won't be long until we see a quote from the likes of Tommy Robinson / Nigel Farage / Douglas Ross whilst trying to sell our home shirt.

Fortunately our league position eradicates some of the damage being done off the pitch. Well if you look at it upside down.

It's been taken down at least.

I don't think it will ever go as far as Robinson, Farage or Ross, but I do agree that the social media "team" is pretty amateur-ish.

Even little things like the constant "please buy our merchandise" on Twitter are mightily annoying. We are lightyears behind other clubs in the division.

I don't think anyone would be surprised if it was someone's first job. It certainly has a lack of maturity and experience to it

Very odd to consider Douglas Ross as toxic as Tommy Robinson. But hey ho, if that’s your agenda roll with it.

(11-26-2021, 07:09 PM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: Very odd to consider Douglas Ross as toxic as Tommy Robinson. But hey ho, if that’s your agenda roll with it.

He's a Tory, of course he is.

ShawIsDynamite Wrote:In a season of faux pas, it seems our social media team yesterday tweeted about selling half season tickets with a quote from Henry Ford.

Unfortunately Henry Ford was a known anti-semite. 

This adds to a long list of social media "gaffs" that we've seen over the past few months, and again shows how far removed people at the club are from the general support.

As a Ross County fan, I worry that it won't be long until we see a quote from the likes of Tommy Robinson / Nigel Farage / Douglas Ross whilst trying to sell our home shirt.

Fortunately our league position eradicates some of the damage being done off the pitch. Well if you look at it upside down.

Social media tends to be run by the younger generation who probably just associate Henry ford with cars and nothing else, saw an inspirational quote and thought hey, that's sounds cool, I'll use that, but you just couldn't resist the opportunity to launch another attack on our club.

you're no better, trying to imply that the club could use the 3 aforementioned to sell our home strip, in fact it wasn't that long ago you stated that the players would struggle to play in hooded tops on the new strips thread, and we all know what you meant by that.