Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
v Rangers 7/11
After two failed attempts we are back to playing again.

Nice easy one to keep our winning streak going..

Actually an interesting debate for me, I think against Hibs it would have been an easy decision to go unchanged.
But nearly two weeks on I'm not sure its as straight forward as that. Whilst it would be tough on anyone getting dropped, I think the Dundee setup would leave us exposed.
I would like to see Clarke in the middle, I'd like to see Baldwin out of the team.
Not sure we can have the luxury of both RCC and Hunbo for this one, our best form of defence may not be attack and could Spittal come in for one of them?

Anyone know on Vokins fitness? Could he play on the left with Randall right and Clarke CB?

Unfortunately can't see this being a good away trip, hopefully we can stay in the game and who knows?? 3-0 Sad

A bad result in Europe has an uncanny negative effect on the old firm for their next league game. Saying that this game couldn't be more difficult.

Free hit as they say!

Rangers have shown some weakness this season, especially when teams have a go at them. Still sure to be a hard game, and we have still never beaten Rangers. Now would be a good time to start!

Rangers have been very slow to start in matches this year. Our aim should be 0-0 at half time, then see what happens from there.

Laidlaw
Randall Clarke Baldwin iacovitti vokins
Tillson spittal paton
Hungbo
White

Tricky game but we gave them a good go early in the season

4-2 loss (again) encouraging to score 2 against them hungbo scored a nice goal and white needed one so happy for the pair of them , a very workman like display from us today and not an awful lot could be done about the goals they got two belters and iacovitti was unlucky with the OG

This thread really got everyone talking Smile
We sort of got what we deserved, worked hard without the ball which is never easy. Always feel that Rangers have a lot more gears to go though if needed, they are by far the best team we play and losing by 2 away is no bad.
I feel we are equipped to take the battle to teams now and think apart from the old firm we have a chance in any game going forward.
Vokins on the bench so imagine he'll start next time out, hopefully stick Clarke in the middle in place Baldwin. I'd still swap back the keeper and I think we're good to go.

I know it's rangers but that's another loss now where our centre halves and keeper are on the wind up. We need to win again ASAP. We need to get ahead of Dundee before they sack McPake and get someone competent in.

(11-08-2021, 02:00 PM)RCChimp Wrote: I'd still swap back the keeper and I think we're good to go.

Only took till November.

Another below par performance against a Sevco side going through the motions.

Three bad goals.

1st: Clarke weak against Aribo and RCC or Hungbo falling over themselves didn't help.

2nd: AMB awful again, can he no jump?

4th: No idea what Iacovitti was doing, nobody shouting or organizing again. If he leaves it a County player gets it.

Positives: Good finishes by Hungbo and White.

ShawIsDynamite Wrote:Only took till November.

Another below par performance against a Sevco side going through the motions.

A sevco side that pumped Motherwell 6-1 away from home in their previous league game

(11-08-2021, 08:42 PM)Westhillstaggies Wrote: A sevco side that pumped Motherwell 6-1 away from home in their previous league game
agreed credit where credit is due for months i could not see what others were seeing in RCC and said so on here he is still not my favourite player however the team are playing better and i now feel we have a chance against anyone including the old firm

(11-09-2021, 12:27 PM)county AML Wrote: agreed credit where credit is due for months i could not see what others were seeing in RCC and said so on here he is still not my favourite player however the team are playing better and i now feel we have a chance against anyone including the old firm

He's actually playing a set position now instead of being thrown in on the wing, midfield, wing back and full back- must help a player if he knows what he's doing game in game out rather than having to attempt to adapt every 90 minutes.