Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
County vs Hibs 30/10
I too would swap the GK but i'm pretty confident they wont. AMB hasn't made any major mistakes since Dundee United but I do think Laidlaw adds a calmness to the defensive line.
Expect to see Vokins tonight, interesting if he starts him or gives him 30 mins off the bench, Think I'd start him and if he's blowing after an hour make a change. LB aside I think it will be the Dundee setup again. Maybe with the same subs, Spittal and Burroughs given 30 mins to freshen up the midfield as Hibs tire.
Goals in this game, maybe a 3-2 in County's favour

Biggest decision of the night for me is whether I go and sit in the cold and watch us probably get pumped or stay at home in front of the fire and watch the last episode of Shetland.....

Its not Covid or Malky that is killing our attendance, its Wednesday night, island based murder mysteries.

I don't think there'll be much of a crowd tonight , However, those of us going will be treated to a County masterclass with goals a plenty to warm the cockles of our hearts - although the toes and hands might suffer.

Wow, a very welcome 3 points. We’ve played a lot better this season and got nothing from games. Finally a bit of long overdue luck. Some big misses tonight too could have been more.

Onwards and upwards!

(11-24-2021, 11:26 PM)RCChimp Wrote: Wow, a very welcome 3 points. We’ve played a lot better this season and got nothing from games. Finally a bit of long overdue luck. Some big misses tonight too could have been more.

Onwards and upwards!
Absolutely. We were poor in the first half. We really didn't keep the ball on the ground enough and string any meaningful passes together. Second half was better and after Spittal's "lucky" goal and Doidge's red card we could and should have had more goals. Spittal's miss over the Jail End stand was something to behold.

Anyway 3 points and we're no longer cut adrift in the league. Getting cautiously optimistic we can climb out of the relegation zone in the next couple of months.

Reeling in Aberdeen  Big Grin

Fantastic result , need to keep building though , Dundee United on Saturday we should be looking for revenge as we were robbed in our last game against them

Heard Jack Ross on the radio on the way home last night - talking about appealing the red cards. What planet is he on?

It wasn't actually anywhere near our best performance, though RC-C had a quiet night, not quite match sharp. If we could sneak a win against Dundee Utd on Saturday that would be perfect.

(11-25-2021, 09:53 AM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: Heard Jack Ross on the radio on the way home last night - talking about appealing the red cards.  What planet is he on? 

It wasn't actually anywhere near our best performance, though RC-C had a quiet night, not quite match sharp.  If we could sneak a win against Dundee Utd on Saturday that would be perfect.

Agree regarding RCC. Must be difficult for the players having such a stop start time of it lately. Spittal came on for RCC and caused problems last night, albeit the game had changed anyway. Claims for starting the game on Saturday.

10 games in 39 days now - so a good time to hit a bit of form.

A strange game in some respects.

First half was most brutal with neither side looking great. White should have buried his header but so should Nisbet and Hanlon with their chances.

Saw some Hibs fan screaming for Tilson to be sent off- it was never a red, won the ball and his momentum on the wet pitch carried him into the player. I didn't think the Doidge one was a red either but maybe that's the bit of luck we've needed?

The goal was awful on their part, the kind of defending we've been showing so far but as soon as we scored Hibs completely imploded as Clarke, Hungbo and Spittal really should have made it 2, 3 or 4.

A solid performance with Jack Baldwin not looking hopeless. Connor Randall is far better at LB than RB as well.

(11-25-2021, 10:22 AM)dr3 Wrote: Agree regarding RCC. Must be difficult for the players having such a stop start time of it lately. Spittal came on for RCC and caused problems last night, albeit the game had changed anyway. Claims for starting the game on Saturday.

10 games in 39 days now - so a good time to hit a bit of form.

I think the reason Spittal has been benched is due to the form of Hungbo and RCC, you would be shoehorning another attacking midfielder into the XI when its not really required.  Great to have him as a sub though.  Tillson does a lot of donkey work in midfield that can easily go unnoticed.