Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
County vs Hibs 30/10
(10-31-2021, 07:31 PM)Westhillstaggies Wrote: I stand corrected, game has been rescheduled for this Wednesday., not like the spfl to act so quickly
Good info thanks,I will pass it on to my mates

Hibernian Football Club

@HibernianFC

Talks between our CEO Ben Kensell and the SPFL have been ongoing for over 24 hours, with our stance being to not play the fixture on Wednesday. The SPFL concluded that the game must go ahead this week, despite our positive test results and the impact on travelling fans.

That's an easy one. If they won't play, we take the three points. That's what would happen to us if we refused to play but of course we're a small team from the Highlands...........

Will be interesting to see how close to a full strength team hibs will pick, are close contacts allowed to return on condition they test negative everyday or is it still the case they must all isolate for 10 days.
Companies nowadays seem to make up their own rules to suit.

Eg, if someone tests positive in first 4 days offshore, only those sat beside him/her or in row in front or behind on helicopter are deemed close contact, rest are free to carry on as normal, despite the fact they've all sat together in the same wee room prior to departure.

I wonder if that's the case for bus travel? Only those in immediate surrounding rows are deemed close contact???

Oooops.... Hibs not having a good week.. long may that continue.......

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/hibs...d-25345735

(11-01-2021, 01:08 PM)Westhillstaggies Wrote: are close contacts allowed to return on condition they test negative everyday or is it still the case they must all isolate for 10 days.

If you're identified as a close contact and are double vaccinated you only need to isolate until you return a negative PCR test. That can be turned around pretty quickly, so most of them will back in training today or tomorrow.

(11-01-2021, 01:57 PM)RCChimp Wrote: Oooops.... Hibs not having a good week.. long may that continue.......

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/hibs...d-25345735

they're not improving Smile

Hibs Under-18s players braced for first-team involvement with at least ten senior stars sidelined | Edinburgh News (scotsman.com)

Hibs starting 11 will still be strong make no mistake about it.
By no means will this game be a cakewalk.

(11-01-2021, 05:07 PM)Staggy1929 Wrote: Hibs starting 11 will still be strong make no mistake about it.
By no means will this game be a cakewalk.
Totally agree there how often do you see teams raise their game with a point to prove.TBH,their top players have not impressed last four games,so drastic change may help them.
It will not be the u18's we will be playing,although the central belt spin will say different.

(11-01-2021, 07:34 PM)tattiedave Wrote: Totally agree there how often do you see teams raise their game with a point to prove.TBH,their top players have not impressed last four games,so drastic change may help them.
It will not be the u18's we will be playing,although the central belt spin will say different.

it certainly will be, especially if its pushed back a few weeks......

Hibs vs Ross County back in doubt as SPFL talks continue over Covid-hit fixture and press conference is cancelled - Daily Record

I reckon it will be a tough game tomorrow night. The Hibs team will have fringe players who aren't technically in poor form, and will be looking to impress. I wonder if Hibs cancelling their press conference is a little bit of mind games?

From our perspective, we need to take it by the scruff of the neck. I predict the same team as started vs Dundee. Only Vokins would make his way in there, if he was fit, and only because he's a natural left back / left wing back - I thought Randall was decent vs Dundee. Thought Tilson provided a nice balance to the midfield too after missing the Livi game, and the rest of the team more or less picks itself off the back of an emphatic win and a clean sheet.

I thought leaving Spittal out last Wednesday was on the harsh side, but what a player to be able to bring on.

Omg Hibs trying to get the game cancelled again! The game is in the balance. It stinks of complete and utter sh*te!

USSR Tycoon Wrote:Omg Hibs trying to get the game cancelled again! The game is in the balance. It stinks of complete and utter sh*te!

Of course they are, anything to get out of playing us without a full strength squad.

Game off. Farce.

It’s off! I’m lost for words how this has been allowed to happen. If they have youth players available they have to play them. Unbelievable!!

We should definitely claim the 3 points. We've said it before, if it had been the other way round they'd have deducted the "wee Highland team" 3 points. They happen to have 5 players injured as well as the Covid crowd., so basically they're refusing to play not unable to play. It is a farce and I hope the club will fight this one.

(11-02-2021, 08:18 PM)USSR Tycoon Wrote: It’s off! I’m lost for words how this has been allowed to happen. If they have youth players available they have to play them. Unbelievable!!
i am not lost for words just cant print them on here its a F*****G disgrace we had two 3 - 0 defeats because of covid what is so special about hibbs  our club should insist its played tomorrow night they unlike us have enough signed players to field a team so there can be no excuse for it being cancelled

Looks like hibs have well and truly recovered from their covid outbreak.
I fancied our chances against them if the game had gone ahead at the first time of asking, maybe not so much now, unless they can't find the same kind of motivation required for a Hampden semi final.

The biggest question for me for tonight is Laidlaw or AMB? Both have their flaws, both prone to the odd mistake, but Laidlaw for me, is better at dealing with crosses, which is something we struggle with as a team.

I would take a 1-0 win with a goal in the 1st minute off Iacovitti's b*llend - but hoping for a good performance and a couple of goals.

I'd take Laidlaw over AMB in a heartbeat. Laidlaw is a pretty bang average keeper but can at least jump and claim crosses, whereas AMB appears unable to jump and is just a walking error in waiting.