Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
County vs Hibs 30/10
Big, big game now. Hibs are out of sorts, whereas we looked great in spells vs Dundee (admittedly with them being hopeless).

Same side again.

2-1 to County.

same side with a change of keeper for me..

I'd take a draw right now to lift us from the bottom..

(10-29-2021, 02:49 PM)RCChimp Wrote: same side with a change of keeper for me..

I'd take a draw right now to lift us from the bottom..
Change of keeper after a clean sheet,and a superb save at 0-0 ,which gave us the base of a great win?

Yep I just don’t feel he commands his area. But agree dropping anyone is very harsh and I don’t think he will

Game is off due to hibs players having covid, surely we should be awarded a 3-0 win for that one or will they change the rules to suit the bigger teams.

Just beat me to it. Just stopped a mate heading through on the bus.

https://twitter.com/HibernianFC?ref_src=...r%5Eauthor

This cancellation is a convenient nonsense that overwhelmingly suits Hibs. They have a massive pool of players and should’ve been made to play youths. Either that or forfeit the points. Think we have been shafted in this one. Raging!!

(10-30-2021, 12:14 PM)Westhillstaggies Wrote: Game is off due to hibs players having covid, surely we should be awarded a 3-0 win for that one or will they change the rules to suit the bigger teams.
I could be wrong but am sure that was only applicable in cup games as there was no dates to reorganise the game without affecting later rounds.

Typical. Just as we're on a winning streak :-)

(10-30-2021, 12:19 PM)USSR Tycoon Wrote: This cancellation is a convenient nonsense that overwhelmingly suits Hibs. They have a massive pool of players and should’ve been made to play youths. Either that or forfeit the points. Think we have been shafted in this one. Raging!!
if the team travelled  up yesterday and are already in inverness then ok if not I agree they have more than enough cover to play the game or forfeit the points it should not make any difference whether it is cup or league

(10-30-2021, 01:21 PM)county AML Wrote: if the team travelled  up yesterday and are already in inverness then ok if not I agree they have more than enough cover to play the game or forfeit the points it should not make any difference whether it is cup or league
 Or make them play the game tomorrow, Sunday, to allow them to bring up other players from their squad. Guaranteed this game would not have been postponed if they had to forfeit the points!

The SPFL doesn't have the power to implement a deduction of 3 points if a club cant fulfil a fixture, the league comes under UEFA rules.
The rule is if a club has 13 fit players, one of which must be a goal keeper the match has to go ahead. The SPFL can instruct an investigation and if it is found there are breaches of the rules they have unlimited powers to impose a sanction.
Whether there will be an investigation remains to be seen, or in fact if there would only be an investigation if Ross County asked for one.

Surely it cannot be right for a travelling club staying overnight prior to a game to be allowed to leave it until the morning of the match to take their COVID tests. Obviously that does not allow time for them to replace any affected players.

If these are the rules then the SPFL must review them. Consideration must be given to the travelling support of both teams involved.

Does anyone actually consider the average fan when making such rules up !

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/f...tponement/

They couldn’t call on youth players as they played Friday night. I heard the game might be rescheduled midweek in the coming week, let’s hope so. As much for our momentum before Rangers as Hibs being under strength.. but I’ll take that too.

(10-29-2021, 09:39 PM)RCChimp Wrote: Yep I just don’t feel he commands his area. But agree dropping anyone is very harsh and I don’t think he will
Unfortunately ,we have two decent keepers, but both are prone to produce clangers as we have already seen this season.

(10-30-2021, 04:10 PM)Brick on the wall Wrote: Surely it cannot be right for a travelling club staying overnight prior to a game to be allowed to leave it until the morning of the match to take their COVID tests. Obviously that does not allow time for them to replace any affected players.

If these are the rules then the SPFL must review them. Consideration must be given to the travelling support of both teams involved.

Does anyone actually consider the average fan when making such rules up !
It’s a strange one,if they tested on Friday before travelling in their bubble ,to test positive the next day would be unusual. Then again ,infectious diseases are not my gig.
A rumour is circulating that some Hibs players sneaked out on Friday night, and were seen in The Nip Inn,and made their way back to their hotel on a mobility scooter.
Just a rumour though.

(10-30-2021, 01:49 PM)USSR Tycoon Wrote:  Or make them play the game tomorrow, Sunday, to allow them to bring up other players from their squad. Guaranteed this game would not have been postponed if they had to forfeit the points!
there is nothing stopping it being played on Wednesday night not a fan of midweek games but feel there has to be some sort punishment for them 
not being able to play there first choice team is a small price to pay they have more than enough to cover any missing players

county AML Wrote:there is nothing stopping it being played on Wednesday night not a fan of midweek games but feel there has to be some sort punishment for them 
not being able to play there first choice team is a small price to pay they have more than enough to cover any missing players

I can't see the spfl doing us any favours and getting this game on this week, they'll not be wanting one of their "big clubs" at a disadvantage over a team like us.

The fact they are taking as long to give a rearranged date suggests not this week as they negotiate with Hibs as to what suits best!

USSR Tycoon Wrote:The fact they are taking as long to give a rearranged date suggests not this week as they negotiate with Hibs as to what suits best!

I stand corrected, game has been rescheduled for this Wednesday., not like the spfl to act so quickly