Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Vs Dundee 27/10
4-0 HT!! Clarke , callachan , hungbo, charles cook

(10-24-2021, 02:01 PM)Westhillstaggies Wrote: Laidlaw, Clarke, rcc and hungo must be first names on the team sheet, and as good as Clarke is, we need him back in the centre, Baldwin and lacovetti vs griffiths and Cummings gives me the fear.

I've lost all interest in this game and feel doomed to another defeat as it doesn't seem to matter how good we play or how many chance we create, it just doesn't seem enough.

Who knows, Maybe we'll thrash them 3 or 4 nil just when I least expect it

And why couldn’t they do this the previous 10 games?

Have we ever scored 5 in a premier league game before???

(10-25-2021, 02:54 PM)ShawIsDynamite Wrote: To clarify we are resting our hopes on a left back who's played little to no senior football ,who is going to take a month or so to get back to match fitness and a lad who is currently on loan at Elgin.

How people thought Mackay did a decent job recruiting I will never know.
well you know now perhaps we will hear a well done from you but I doubt it

(10-27-2021, 09:48 PM)county AML Wrote: well you know now perhaps we will hear a well done from you but I doubt it
Big Grin

Well, a win had to come eventually, and this was our best shot. Perhaps not the manner anyone would have expected though! Dundee were dreadful, and didn’t manage to bypass our midfield to even test our defence but hopefully this is a confidence boost for the boys at the back with the clean sheet and this game can be a stepping stone and not just a one-off. Hibs are on a poor run of late and there for the taking right now.

A couple of goal of the season contenders in there today. It’s a shame Hungbo and Clarke are only loanees.
.: Ours, is the Fury :.

I don’t think anyone saw that coming.

Dundee not scoring burst my Both Teams To Score coupon, with all other Premiership matches coming in. Hey ho, I’m a County fan so have to moan about something.

Where did that come from?!

Hungbo, Charles-Cook and Clarke were absolutely immense all game. Think we won't score a better goal Clarke's run and outside of the boot effort....then up steps Hungbo for that free kick. Wow.

Dont think anybody was expecting that last night! Wow!

The whole team played very well! Special mentions to White and H. Paton, who wont be getting any headlines, but i thought were phenomenal. All of a sudden we're playing an out of form Hibs team with a good chance to win again!

Harry Clarke is a machine and one of the best players we've had in years. His skill, pace, shooting, heading are next level and he is so important to us.

Excellent result and performance. Something to build on I hope.

(10-27-2021, 09:34 PM)Westhillstaggies Wrote: Have we ever scored 5 in a premier league game before???

Yes.

We beat Dundee 5-2 at home with a Boyce hattrrick.

(10-27-2021, 09:48 PM)county AML Wrote: well you know now perhaps we will hear a well done from you but I doubt it

Well done for beating *checks notes* eleventh place Dundee. 

We have beaten one side who are in and around where we will finish, we need at least four points from the next three games. 

Worth remembering a certain O.Coyle also recorded a large win over Dundee away from home, remind me how his tenure went?

Anyone know what object was thrown at hungbo after he scored? Don't think the referee spotted it , but still unacceptable by scumdee fans.

(10-28-2021, 04:26 PM)Westhillstaggies Wrote: Anyone know what object was thrown at hungbo after he scored? Don't think the referee spotted it , but still unacceptable  by scumdee fans.

Looked like a polystyrene burger box, possibly complete with burger. Kris Boyd would’ve picked it up and take a bite.

Great win, best I've seen a County team play for a while.
Pinch of salt needed as Dundee looked hopeless but good to see us kill a team off early.
Means nothing if we don't follow up with a result against hibs.
That Hungbo free kick is the best goal we've scored in the prem.

(10-29-2021, 08:50 AM)Staggy1929 Wrote: Great win, best I've seen a County team play for a while.
Pinch of salt needed as Dundee looked hopeless but good to see us kill a team off early.

Agree with all this. The real challenge is taking that performance in to games with teams who are not Dundee and will test our defence more.

(10-29-2021, 09:06 AM)Forfinn Wrote: Agree with all this. The real challenge is taking that performance in to games with teams who are not Dundee and will test our defence more.
Our defence panic and make errors when under any sort of pressure, I don't think we'll control the game like we did on Wednesday against Hibs so it's a real test.

(10-29-2021, 08:50 AM)Staggy1929 Wrote: Great win, best I've seen a County team play for a while.

Agreed, Dundee did the stuff at the back we've been doing all season.

Will also mention: we got away with that handball shout just on half time when White jumped with his hand way above his head (for some reason) but luckily the ball never hit it.

Well done Malky MacKay.Tactics we’re spot on, stopping Charlie Adam dictating midfield was crucial,not giving him a second on the ball, an important element.
Enjoying the moment,but Hibs will be looking on Saturdays game as a way to get back to winning ways.
What’s the money on Boyle diving and getting a penalty?