Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Vs Dundee 27/10
Laidlaw, Clarke, rcc and hungo must be first names on the team sheet, and as good as Clarke is, we need him back in the centre, Baldwin and lacovetti vs griffiths and Cummings gives me the fear.

I've lost all interest in this game and feel doomed to another defeat as it doesn't seem to matter how good we play or how many chance we create, it just doesn't seem enough.

Who knows, Maybe we'll thrash them 3 or 4 nil just when I least expect it

Surely we are due a win at somepoint, hope vokins and Randall return as we need them , as above clarke must be in the middle as well as hungbo starting and D.Samuel deserves a chance surely too

It is always easy to criticise and frequently this is done without possession of all the facts ( ie behind the scenes).

However on the displays to date from which we are privy to all the facts through our own eyes, it is obvious that we have a serious defensive problem which is affecting how the entire team play.

The body language on Saturday after we missed the penalty and then conceded a goal quickly after it was very telling. The team showed complete despair and it was no surprise when the second Livi goal followed.This all on the back of an excellent start where we ran the match.

It is absolutely vital we get the system and the personnel sorted at the back, we need to build confidence from there through the midfield up to the front.

I feel Laidlaw ( who was immense last season) needs to return and the system move to 3 at the back. A back four with the players currently available just isn’t working.

Obviously there is a lot of faith in Baldwin ( viz the armband) so I don’t see a change there and Clarke on the right and Iacovitti on the left would appear to be the best set up. In the absence of Randall right wing back could be Burroughs and in the absence of Vokins Ben Paton on the left.

Ahead of this it’s a difficult choice but my opinion would be that the following may be worth a run out:

Spittal , Callaghan, Harry Paton and Hungbo

D.Samuel

Whatever happens we must get the defence sorted out,

(10-24-2021, 10:10 PM)Brick on the wall Wrote: It is always easy to criticise and frequently this is done without possession of all the facts ( ie behind the scenes).

However on the displays to date from which we are privy to all the facts through our own eyes, it is obvious that we have a serious defensive problem which is affecting how the entire team play.

The body language on Saturday after we missed the penalty and then conceded a goal quickly after it was very telling. The team showed complete despair and it was no surprise when the second Livi goal followed.This all on the back of an excellent start where we ran the match.

It is absolutely vital we get the system and the personnel sorted at the back, we need to build confidence from there through the midfield up to the front.

I feel Laidlaw ( who was immense last season) needs to return and the system move to 3 at the back. A back four with the players currently available just isn’t working.

Obviously there is a lot of faith in Baldwin ( viz the armband) so I don’t see a change there and Clarke on the right and Iacovitti on the left would appear to be the best set up. In the absence of Randall right wing back could be Burroughs and in the absence of Vokins Ben Paton on the left.

Ahead of this it’s a difficult choice but my opinion would be that the following may be worth a run out:

Spittal , Callaghan, Harry Paton  and Hungbo

D.Samuel

Whatever happens we must get the defence sorted out,
Totally agree, 3 at the back, Clarke in the middle and for me with the armband. Laidlaw in behind. We have been playing midfielders at FB, so why on earth we haven't switched to wing backs which would suit them far better.
Burroughs on the right, Paton left until Vokins is fit.

Another option could be to play RCC as LWB, couldn't put Hungbo on the RWB as I don't think he has a defensive bone in his body

Attached File(s)
.jpg   dundee.jpg (Size: 37.7 KB / Downloads: 8)

Playing with wing backs takes away from our attacking threat IMO. The game plan seems to be get the ball wide and get crosses in. This coupled with wingers who are happy to cut infield, which allows the full backs to push on. With this in mind, White has to start - no use firing balls in to either Samuel.

By the looks of it, we're going to need a CB in January. Hope Baldwin and Iacovitti prove me wrong, but they just don't look good enough. Iacovitti seems to score a lot of goals from corners, but cant seem to head the ball in his own box and Baldwin always looks like he has a mistake in him too. With our lack of ability defending crosses, i think we should go with Laidlaw too, as he is a far better cross collector than AMB.

Liked the look of the midfield 3 on Saturday - full of energy and all three are good on the ball. Was worried that it might lack some bite, but they did well. Hungbo and Clarke on the right are exciting, and would cause any team problems.

Genuinely believe that if we can sort out our defensive woes (sharpish) we'll start to click, and with that we'll be winning games in no time.

We're one more game away from the fabled no wins in an entire round of fixtures. Worst start in club history which is decent! Dundee have two good strikers and we have none. 2-1 Dundee which will spell the end of the reign of terror.

dr3 Wrote:Playing with wing backs takes away from our attacking threat IMO. The game plan seems to be get the ball wide and get crosses in. This coupled with wingers who are happy to cut infield, which allows the full backs to push on. With this in mind, White has to start - no use firing balls in to either Samuel.

By the looks of it, we're going to need a CB in January. Hope Baldwin and Iacovitti prove me wrong, but they just don't look good enough. Iacovitti seems to score a lot of goals from corners, but cant seem to head the ball in his own box and Baldwin always looks like he has a mistake in him too. With our lack of ability defending crosses, i think we should go with Laidlaw too, as he is a far better cross collector than AMB.

Genuinely believe that if we can sort out our defensive woes (sharpish) we'll start to click, and with that we'll be winning games in no time.

Don't know anything about vokins, but he can't be far away from fitness now, I'm hoping he's going to have the same kind of quality/impact as Clarke. 

Grivosti's loan ends in January, in my opinion he's good enough to keep any of Baldwin/lacovetti/Watson/Donaldson out of the team. Would give the fans a much needed boost to see him back as well.

(10-25-2021, 12:18 PM)Westhillstaggies Wrote: Don't know anything about vokins, but he can't be far away from fitness now, I'm hoping he's going to have the same kind of quality/impact as Clarke. 

Grivosti's loan ends in January, in my opinion he's good enough to keep any of Baldwin/lacovetti/Watson/Donaldson out of the team. Would give the fans a much needed boost to see him back as well.

I have only seen Vokins against a lesser opposition, so hard to tell. Would be a boost to get a natural left back in the team though. Feel for Burroughs and Ben Paton a bit being chucked out there. The system Mackay employs leaves the full backs quite exposed. Agree on Grivo too. Keep him fit, and he'll make a massive difference - although Elgin aren't doing too well this season.

To clarify we are resting our hopes on a left back who's played little to no senior football ,who is going to take a month or so to get back to match fitness and a lad who is currently on loan at Elgin.

How people thought Mackay did a decent job recruiting I will never know.

(10-25-2021, 02:54 PM)ShawIsDynamite Wrote: To clarify we are resting our hopes on a left back who's played little to no senior football ,who is going to take a month or so to get back to match fitness and a lad who is currently on loan at Elgin.

How people thought Mackay did a decent job recruiting I will never know.
It was so obvious to me at the start that we were going the wrong way about this 'rebuild' signing a plethora of loan players which means we'll be in the same spot next year (except it'll be in the league below) I don't have a clue why anyone was or is happy with the appointment and the performances on the park, and it won't be turned around. Even if we do win on Wednesday is 1 win really good enough out of an entire round of fixtures?

To clarify I do think Vokins will do well for us but it doesn't help the fact we've got Highland league level centre backs.

Can you imagine Charlie Adam spraying passes behind dumb and dumber at the back? Expect at least 2 goals conceded... Again.

(10-25-2021, 10:04 AM)dr3 Wrote: Playing with wing backs takes away from our attacking threat IMO. The game plan seems to be get the ball wide and get crosses in. This coupled with wingers who are happy to cut infield, which allows the full backs to push on. With this in mind, White has to start - no use firing balls in to either Samuel.

Liked the look of the midfield 3 on Saturday - full of energy and all three are good on the ball. Was worried that it might lack some bite, but they did well. Hungbo and Clarke on the right are exciting, and would cause any team problems.

All of the good stuff you wrote was undone with the phrase "White has to start ...."  Surely the Samuels can't be worse than him. If they are, then we are surely doomed unless we get a new striker in the January window.

(10-25-2021, 04:25 PM)It\s Only A Game Wrote: All of the good stuff you wrote was undone with the phrase "White has to start ...."  Surely the Samuels can't be worse than him. If they are, then we are surely doomed unless we get a new striker in the January window.

I've seen both Samuel's play, and I've seen their records. White is the best option IMO, but he's no Liam Boyce!

I'd honestly drop all our strikers and play both Hungbo and RCC in free roles up front to play out wide with maybe Spittal the furthest forward in the middle as a deeper lying false ten.

We are absolutely stinking so why not try something wild? It won't matter when Baldwin or Watson fall over their own feet to let McMullan score.

https://youtu.be/Nq1vUITF3BU
Harry Paton, pre match interview. For me he’s one that needs to be swapped out as soon as.
He talks about tightening the defensive line and defending as a team but his ability to give the ball away in key areas or commit fouls around the box has been a cause of more goals than any one defender. I actually rate his brother higher, not sure he’d be the answer either, but in such a key central role, I don’t think there is a single team in this league other than ours that he could get in.
Having said that I think I’d keep him in tomorrow because I don’t know what the alternative is, but that’s not an endorsement.
I think he’ll go unchanged in the lineup, the constant tweaking hasn’t worked and can’t help with confidence in the team when trying to get a result. So keep faith and hope they deliver, who knows.. first goal so important tomorrow, as is the second particularly if we score both Wink 2-1 win!

(10-26-2021, 05:43 PM)RCChimp Wrote: https://youtu.be/Nq1vUITF3BU
Harry Paton, pre match interview. For me he’s one that needs to be swapped out as soon as.
He talks about tightening the defensive line and defending as a team but his ability to give the ball away in key areas or commit fouls around the box has been a cause of more goals than any one defender. I actually rate his brother higher, not sure he’d be the answer either, but in such a key central role, I don’t think there is a single team in this league other than ours that he could get in.
Having said that I think I’d keep him in tomorrow because I don’t know what the alternative is, but that’s not an endorsement. 
I think he’ll go unchanged in the lineup, the constant tweaking hasn’t worked and can’t help with confidence in the team when trying to get a result. So keep faith and hope they deliver, who knows.. first goal so important tomorrow, as is the second particularly if we score both Wink 2-1 win!

My issue with Harry Paton is he always wants to take extra touches when he doesn't need to. It slows down any attacks we have when he dawdles on the ball. He's in a similar position to Jamie Lindsay in his first season with, neat and tidy but didn't do an awful lot but pop up with the odd goal (something H Paton really needs to add to his game) but seriously kicked on after that. Harry really needs to find the next level or I think he'll start dropping down the levels as a player.

Is the game available to watch anywhere online? Seeing DeeFCTV is only available to people outside the UK/Ireland

(10-27-2021, 01:27 PM)dr3 Wrote: Is the game available to watch anywhere online? Seeing DeeFCTV is only available to people outside the UK/Ireland
VPN can make it look like you are outside of the UK - I use Nord useful for a fair few things if location is an issue.

https://ppv.dundeefc.co.uk/

At £12.50 it works out at around £4.10 per goal we will concede.

(10-27-2021, 04:16 PM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: At £12.50 it works out at around £4.10 per goal we will concede.

Would take a 4-3 win right now Smile