No
48.00%
12 48.00%
Total 25 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The manager
I've said it many times before, but our biggest failing was neglecting to replace George Adams. The time was right for him to go when he finally did, but we've been rudderless ever since.
.: Ours, is the Fury :.

(10-27-2021, 07:55 AM)Diotor Wrote: Malky is just the most unpalatable face of what's been wrong at the club for a long time.

I had hoped we'd learn from the Owen Coyle debacle but it appears we haven't at all. Said it many times but the club has had no style/strategy since before Jim McIntyre and our policy was just "sign loads of players" then sign a pile more in January when half of them don't work. It's unsustainable.

Im not a malky fan but at least he’s bringing in young players who *should* excite and improve , not has beens like David ngog and Chris eagles

(10-27-2021, 09:33 AM)Monthestaggies98 Wrote: Im not a malky fan but at least he’s bringing in young players who *should* excite and improve , not has beens like David ngog and Chris eagles

He's also bought in Alex Samuel and Jack Baldwin, so again it's our lack of any semblance of a scouting network that's an issue.

Last night’s result shows the players are capable but I don’t think McKay is the manager we need.

Well done and let’s see more goals and points. I think the players can lift us off bottom place and a few more results like last night would be brilliant

He's given himself some breathing space with that result, that's for sure. Just need to keep it up against Hibs.

(10-27-2021, 07:55 AM)Diotor Wrote: Malky is just the most unpalatable face of what's been wrong at the club for a long time.

I had hoped we'd learn from the Owen Coyle debacle but it appears we haven't at all. Said it many times but the club has had no style/strategy since before Jim McIntyre and our policy was just "sign loads of players" then sign a pile more in January when half of them don't work. It's unsustainable.
We won a major trophy under Jim MacIntyre

(10-29-2021, 06:50 PM)tattiedave Wrote: We won a major trophy under Jim MacIntyre

Yes, but McIntyre was very much "sign players in the summer" then "sign another fifteen in January".

It got us some bangers and some utter stinkers.

(10-30-2021, 06:29 PM)Diotor Wrote: Yes, but McIntyre was very much "sign players in the summer" then "sign another fifteen in January".

It got us some bangers and some utter stinkers.
But we won a major trophy under MacIntyre.

(10-31-2021, 10:25 AM)tattiedave Wrote: But we won a major trophy under MacIntyre.

Yes- you've made that point already. I'm not saying MacIntyre didn't do well to win us a cup but we didn't really have any gameplan other than sign shedloads of players- the signings of Toshney, Dunfield, Burgess, Holden, Severn, Goodwillie, McEveley, Dow, Gobern, Lalcovic and during his time Sean Kelly.

He signed 47 players in two full seasons and two part ones.

(10-31-2021, 11:30 AM)Diotor Wrote: Yes- you've made that point already. I'm not saying MacIntyre didn't do well to win us a cup but we didn't really have any gameplan other than sign shedloads of players- the signings of Toshney, Dunfield, Burgess, Holden, Severn, Goodwillie, McEveley, Dow, Gobern, Lalcovic and during his time Sean Kelly.

He signed 47 players in two full seasons and two part ones.
Goes to show our youth policy has not worked. Previous managers have had a huge turnover of players going back to Neale Cooper.
My point is, you can criticise MacIntyre and his signing policy,which had to be sanctioned by the board of the time, but it brought us a major trophy.
I don’t think anyone was criticising his signing policy on that glorious day at Hampden when we won the League Cup.
I heard no shouts then of “hey MacIntyre ,your rubbish, you have only won this because of your signing policy” as the players were getting presented with their medals.

Spain Wrote:I've said it many times before, but our biggest failing was neglecting to replace George Adams. The time was right for him to go when he finally did, but we've been rudderless ever since.

I think that's the reason why Malky was appointed, to take on that role when don cowie is ready to step up as manager.
A similar role for us that he was doing for the sfa identifying and developing young players, all part of the long term plan.

How lalkovic wasn’t a baller for us I’ll never know

(10-31-2021, 12:26 PM)tattiedave Wrote: Goes to show our youth policy has not worked. Previous managers have had a huge turnover of players going back to Neale Cooper.
My point is, you can criticise MacIntyre and his signing policy,which had to be sanctioned by the board of the time, but it brought us a major trophy.
I don’t think anyone was criticising his signing policy on that glorious day at Hampden when we won the League Cup.
I heard no shouts then of “hey MacIntyre ,your rubbish, you have only won this because of your signing policy” as the players were getting presented with their medals.

Completely agree with you regarding the youth policy- the much hyped up academy hasn't really provided us with anything like enough first teamers. Reid is the only one I can think of from the last few seasons that hasn't been released or slipped down the leagues.

And fair, at the time nobody complained about his policy when we won the cup but the season after that we did that streak of 25+ matches with only a handful of wins before turning into Bayern Munich just before the league split- I think we took 13 from 15 that year?