48.00%
12 48.00%
Total 25 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The manager
Is it time for Malky to go?

He has the worst record ever for our managers. We are sitting bottom of the league and in my opinion staring relegation in the face.

We have some good, talented young players but the team tactics are abysmal. 

Yesterday for example there were several free kicks in good attacking positions. All our big defenders were up in the box waiting on a cross ball then a short pass was made and the ball was lost to a livi defender to hoof it to safety and the big lads had to scramble back to cover.

Our keeper is also abysmal. He has absolutely no presence at all. I sit in the jailender and have never even heard him calling to claim a ball. Laidlaw might be inconsistent but at least he tries.

Baldwin wears the captains armband, God knows why. His defending is awful and he couldn’t pass a parcel. He doesn’t rally the players and you can see them being irritated with each other. 

Some players have shown how good they can be, Spittal, Paton, RCC and recently Hungbo have had good performances but the tactics don’t use their skills.

I’ll answer my own question. Malky must go.

I think he’ll be given Dundee on Wednesday and if we lose that he must go, Roy clearly sticking to his guns as long as he can as McIntyre and adams were gone at this point in there respective final seasons with us, I think a better question is if he goes who comes in? McInnes would be brilliant but he might not fancy it , personally I fancy Yogi Hughes back with Brian Rice as assistant but I think Roy would be too proud to re employ Hughes so soon

Another one of Roy's picks has been a disaster. Up there with the most incompetent backlines we've had, even the pairing of Keddie and Dowie seem competent compared to this shower.

Diotor Wrote:Another one of Roy's picks has been a disaster. Up there with the most incompetent backlines we've had, even the pairing of Keddie and Dowie seem competent compared to this shower.

Im sure I saw an article somewhere saying Baldwin was given a 3 year contract, someone please tell me it was wrong.

I think he'll be given the Dundee and then the Hibs game. If we dont win either of those then the game is up.

Surely he must see that defence is a mess. Baldwin looks completely out of his depth, I would actually prefer Donaldson or Grivosti at this point in proceedings. Jordan White is another impostor, he has the touch of a donkey and is crap in air. Its a shame because RCC, Clarke and Hungbo were immense yesterday.

TI was of the opinion that he would be given the livi and Dundee game, which I can't see us winning now that Dundee have got Adam and griffiths back into their team after injury.

Cheapest option would be don cowie, but is it too much pressure too soon for him?
Roy would be too proud to go running to John Hughes again and even if he did, yogi would probably tell him to ram it and who could blame hiim, so forget about that idea.
Mccinnes ????  Would he fancy a job that sees him sacked at the end of the season if he successfully kept us up??
This job is fast becoming the poisoned chalice of Scottish football.
Maybe Adams will come back, we could sign yan songo to replace white.

I don't know how this is going to pan out. All the noises were optimistic at the start,saying we will be OK,once we play the teams around us we will know how we are shaping up.
We are not shaping up well.
Defence has been a major issue last two seasons,and it is again this season.
If we beat Dundee then Hibs we will be in a better place,but I am not confident of us even getting one point from these games.
I really want the manager to be a success,any manager,because that means County are a success,I agree with Pete,lose those two,and I can't see any way back for MM.
Ps,told that they were in training today,reaction to that does not tend  to be positive nowadays,or maybe its because we hav a midweek game.

He needs to go, He should've never been appointed and the people that were happy to give him a chance this is your reward. Malky seems to love stats when we lose 'we had more shots, we had more possesion'
Here's a stat, No wins all season. Worst defence in the league. RECORD FOR WORST START IN CLUB HISTORY.
Get out of my club you mess so I can actually go to games this year.

I hope you don't mind, Blackisleboy, but I added a poll to your original post.

Obviously, my answer is "yes". I didn't agree with the appointment in the first place, neither he nor the club have done anything to assuage my concerns since (indeed, they've simply made it worse with the handling of the Tam Courts incident), and what's more, he's overseen our worst start to a league campaign since at least 1986.

I have sympathy with the overarching ambition to professionalise the setup of the club and appreciate the league is tougher than in previous seasons, but no wins in 10 games is simply unacceptable.

(10-25-2021, 10:49 AM)Forfinn Wrote: I hope you don't mind, Blackisleboy, but I added a poll to your original post.

Obviously, my answer is "yes". I didn't agree with the appointment in the first place, neither he nor the club have done anything to assuage my concerns since (indeed, they've simply made it worse with the handling of the Tam Courts incident), and what's more, he's overseen our worst start to a league campaign since at least 1986.

I have sympathy with the overarching ambition to professionalise the setup of the club and appreciate the league is tougher than in previous seasons, but no wins in 10 game is simply unacceptable.
Can't believe the poll is a 50:50 split so far. I can't think of any reason for him to stay; even those who wanted to give him a chance when he was appointed because of his apparent previous managerial skill (which was actually questionable and hadn't been practiced for a fair while) can surely see that's not shining?

He is a manager who had not managed for five years. It was laughable he was given a job in the first place, nevermind his off the field scandals.

2 votes for him to stay, yikes.

Whats the point in sacking him? Who do we get in to replace him at short notice? Thats going to cost the club, and by the looks of it, we're not in the market for spending.

He's here for the long run. The club decided to release a load of players at the end of last season, something that was outwith his control, he's done his best in a short window to get players in the door (yes, they've been loans, i know that's not ideal).

The players are clearly low on confidence, and i believe that we just need 1 win, and things will start to fall in to place. Hopefully that starts tomorrow night vs Dundee

(10-26-2021, 04:10 PM)dr3 Wrote: Whats the point in sacking him? Who do we get in to replace him at short notice? Thats going to cost the club, and by the looks of it, we're not in the market for spending.

He's here for the long run. The club decided to release a load of players at the end of last season, something that was outwith his control, he's done his best in a short window to get players in the door (yes, they've been loans, i know that's not ideal).

The players are clearly low on confidence, and i believe that we just need 1 win, and things will start to fall in to place. Hopefully that starts tomorrow night vs Dundee
How long would you give it? We haven't won a game all season and can't defend. Worst record in club history. If we lose tomorrow I think his position becomes untenable as it'll show we can't beat a single team in the division.

(10-26-2021, 04:10 PM)dr3 Wrote: Whats the point in sacking him?

Get a fanbase back on side with the club

Get a manager in who is capable of giving us a chance of staying up

The cost of relegation is enough for MacGregor to put his hand in his pocket to pay off Mackay. Got potentially far more to lose by going down.

(10-26-2021, 04:13 PM)Staggy1929 Wrote: How long would you give it? We haven't won a game all season and can't defend. Worst record in club history. If we lose tomorrow I think his position becomes untenable as it'll show we can't beat a single team in the division.

I'd give him until Christmas. Might be too late by then, but i don't see what a new manager is going to be able to change. Even when Yogi came in mid season, he didn't change all that much until later on in the season. He's been brought in for a reason, and he needs time. I'd argue he's due more time.

(10-26-2021, 04:13 PM)Staggy1929 Wrote: How long would you give it? We haven't won a game all season and can't defend. Worst record in club history. If we lose tomorrow I think his position becomes untenable as it'll show we can't beat a single team in the division
pretty sure we will get beat tomorrow and am unable to make the game I am going to purchase a game pass to watch online i would expect it will be the end of November before Roy loses patience
if we have not won by then
some will say that would be to late and we will get relegated well that is not the end of the world we have been there before all true county fans back the club and manager what ever league we are in so for all those who have not bought there season ticket for what ever reason stop whinging about how bad we are
go get your ticket and support the club you all say you care about then perhaps they can afford to spend on better players

(10-26-2021, 05:34 PM)county AML Wrote: pretty sure we will get beat tomorrow and am unable to make the game I am going to purchase a game pass to watch online i would expect it will be the end of November before Roy loses patience
if we have not won by then
some will say that would be to late and we will get relegated well that is not the end of the world we have been there before all true county fans back the club and manager what ever league we are in so for all those who have not bought there season ticket for what ever reason stop whinging about how bad we are
go get your ticket and support the club you all say you care about then perhaps they can afford to spend on better players
I haven't bought a ticket this season due to the decisions the club have made with appointing the manager and how they handled the backlash to it. It does not make me any less of a fan or care any less about the club than you or anyone who has bought a ticket (you're all well within your rights to buy them).
Blaming the fans for us not being able to sign good players is a poor take imo. There's a common denominator in all of this and it comes down to the manager. As you say we've not won and getting relegated shouldn't be treated as a 'oh well it happens' situation. It would be disastrous for a club like ours trying to establish itself in the top flight long term like Roy wants.

(10-26-2021, 05:06 PM)dr3 Wrote: I'd give him until Christmas. Might be too late by then, but i don't see what a new manager is going to be able to change. Even when Yogi came in mid season, he didn't change all that much until later on in the season. He's been brought in for a reason, and he needs time. I'd argue he's due more time.
If Dundee beat us tomorrow I think it genuinely might be too late to avoid the play offs at the very least.

(10-26-2021, 06:03 PM)Staggy1929 Wrote: I haven't bought a ticket this season due to the decisions the club have made with appointing the manager and how they handled the backlash to it. It does not make me any less of a fan or care any less about the club than you or anyone who has bought a ticket (you're all well within your rights to buy them).
Blaming the fans for us not being able to sign good players is a poor take imo. There's a common denominator in all of this and it comes down to the manager. As you say we've not won and getting relegated shouldn't be treated as a 'oh well it happens' situation. It would be disastrous for a club like ours trying to establish itself in the top flight long term like Roy wants.

If Dundee beat us tomorrow I think it genuinely might be too late to avoid the play offs at the very least.
I'm with you - I stopped mine and my kids season ticket - for me the choice of manager for a supposed community club was a bridge too far but I'm still there hoping we play well, listening to fans and to those at the game.  I honestly did not believe his reputation as a manager was so great to undermine our reputation - his track record outside Cardiff is not that great and his appointment smacks to me more of Coyle - a supposed big name with actually not that great a record when you have a good look.  Our track record of managers in recent years is not all that great and a lot of that has to do with Roy.  His funding clearly is important to the club (critical really) but if he is serious about building a longer term plan he needs someone capable of improving players longer term but actually getting some results in the short-term.  I know not everyone was happy with Adams and he certainly had his quirks and wasn't liked by all the players but man did he manage to get players to play to their potential and beyond.  A younger, hungry coach, one with a little experience would for me be a way forward though i do worry that might mean us writing off this season - lord I hope not would be good to have something to look forward to.

Malky is just the most unpalatable face of what's been wrong at the club for a long time.

I had hoped we'd learn from the Owen Coyle debacle but it appears we haven't at all. Said it many times but the club has had no style/strategy since before Jim McIntyre and our policy was just "sign loads of players" then sign a pile more in January when half of them don't work. It's unsustainable.