Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
County vs Livi 23/10
(10-18-2021, 09:23 PM)Diotor Wrote: If last Satuday's game really was a "need to win" game this is now a "must win" game. We were absolutely honking in the first half and better in the second but the second goal was terrible by Clarke, Callachan and AMB (two lost men and a flap) and the third just beggared belief.

I'd go with something like:

Laidlaw

B. Paton
Iacovitti
Donaldson
Clarke

Spittal
H. Paton
Cancola
Hungbo/RCC

D. Samuel (dropping into the 10 role)
White

Callachan isn't firing at all, Alex Samuel offered nothing last week and we really need the points so try 2 up front with Samuel dropping back to help similar to how Curran used to work with Boyce. Can't decide on Hungbo/RCC on the left, Hungbo is faster and stronger but RCC may be needed to counter Devlin's pace down the left as he'll have Ben Paton on toast if he has the chance.

Hungbo or indeed my granny RCC falls over at the drop of a hat shrugs his shoulders and then walks around in dream for the next few minutes flashes of brilliance are no use to anyone 

Wow, Maynard-brewer and Baldwin keep their places!!!!
At least hungbos starting

Cheerio Malcolm

I wonder if Roy still thinks MacKay was the best man for the job?

So glad I haven’t wasted any money going to see any of these games this season.

(10-23-2021, 04:56 PM)falkirkstaggie Wrote: I wonder if Roy still thinks MacKay was the best man for the job?

So glad I haven’t wasted any money going to see any of these games this season.
Though I was willing to give the management the chance. His time must me getting untenable at Ross County.

Played them off the park until *hite f***ed his penalty up, then heads dropped and paid the price., thought we might go on to win it after the equaliser.
If we didn't have bad luck, we'd have no luck at all.
Don't know where we go from here.

(10-23-2021, 05:01 PM)perry1 Wrote: Though I was willing to give the management the chance. His time must me getting untenable at Ross County.
unfortunately i have seen every game home and away today as usual 25 minutes of good football then 20 of absolute s**** there is something seriously wrong with this team how brewer is stilll in goal beats me as for RCC as usual if he wasnt falling down he was pulling the other player down i offered my granny to replace him for todays game can only hope she starts next week even with her zimmer she would be an improvement

Anyone got a number for Andrew Davies? We can’t defend for sh**t.

Can’t believe RCC is getting criticism here. Most improved player and surely the first name on the team sheet.

One thing is certain, we don’t do boring, much like we don’t do winning. How did we turn from dominating Livi until the penalty miss to flapping like headless chickens afterwards.

MOM: Hungbo

Thought we were excellent until the penalty miss, the game then totally changed. Clarke and Hungbo are a level above the rest of the squad. We are now being cut adrift, looks grim.

What on earth has happened to our catering? I thought it was meant to be an improvement?
Gave it a 2nd chance after our pies and coffee were barely warm last week, but 2 cold haggis pies returned today and asked for a refund since they had nothing hot left. Is there no temp sensor in the cabinets? It's basic stuff trying to keep pies hot ffs.

The staggies bar has also got worse (I didn't think that possible), no draft lager after the game, one staff member pouring cans of Tennent's into plastic glasses, gave up waiting and went elsewhere. There's a reason why there is barely anyone there after a game.

Steak pies East stand, bought at 2.45 were very good.

When you are consistently shipping three goals a game at hone to the bottom six teams you are going only one way . Didn’t think October would see the season end for us.. We are seriously lacking a quality striker. Maybe ICT can help us out!
I think the consequences of our present situation will extend further than simple relegation which seems almost certain now!

Without doubt the best we have in dead ball position is Blair Spittall - so why does Jordan White take the penalty. . Crazy

(10-23-2021, 07:24 PM)DORTAIN Wrote: Without doubt the best we have in dead ball position is Blair Spittall - so why does Jordan White take the penalty. . Crazy
White scored v Rangers from spot,so he WAS the designated penalty taker.

Oh dear. We really shouldn't have lost that game. Livingstone were actually pretty rubbish ( certainly worse than us ) . They just punted the ball in the air and put their three chances away. It'd be interesting to have a statistic as to the ratio of how often the ball was in the air compared to on the ground.
It's been said before, but what on earth does White bring to the team? He never wins a header, he never holds the ball up, he never passes to one of our players, and he never should take a penalty for us again. His miss was without doubt the turning point of the game. Their goalkeeper saved it right enough, but it was hit so weakly he could have stopped for a chat and still pushed it round the post.

We have 2 jinky dribblers, who can't shoot and a non-striking striker playing upfront so we have to rely on Clarke, a defender, and a nearly saved penalty for our 2 goals. Normally 2 goals would be enough for a win or at least a draw, but with our defence we have to score 4 if we want to win a game.

It's frustrating and depressing watching your team losing every week......

Sadly it looks like the Mackay era is not rocketing skywards but is fizzling out to a damp squib. Pity really as I thought after the first few games we had the makings of a successful team.

(10-23-2021, 06:26 PM)cdam Wrote: Can’t believe RCC is getting criticism here. Most improved player and surely the first name on the team sheet. 

One thing is certain, we don’t do boring, much like we don’t do winning.  How did we turn from dominating Livi until the penalty miss to flapping like headless chickens afterwards. 

MOM: Hungbo
you seem to have answered your own question if you think a player who spends 50% of the time falling over should be first on the team sheet he has indeed improved since last season but that would not be hard to achieve when he spent 70% of the match on the ground sorry but he is to lightweight

I was running late today ,as I was picking up my grandson.
Got to the game at 1506,turnstiles were shuttered down.
Spent four minutes trying to get a stewards attention before I could get in,and in meantime missed our first goal. Raging!
Should have known then it was going to be one of those days!
Is this the norm regarding entry through the turnstiles Kenny ?

(10-23-2021, 07:32 PM)tattiedave Wrote: White scored v Rangers from spot,so he WAS the designated penalty taker.
Well he shouldn’t have been - it was a pathetic effort, and game changing. I’ll be amazed if he starts on Wed night.

Defenders who can't defend, strikers who can't strike (even when the ball is on a little white spot 12 yards out), a midfield that by and large (with the exception of Hungbo today) are ineffectual and a goalie whose best attribute is picking the ball out of the back of the net. Managed by a manger who couldn't manage the proverbial in a brewery. Apart from that all is well.

Played 10, 7 defeats, zero wins and 3 draws - not good enough

Mackay has to go now. With 1 or 2 exceptions his new arrivals have taken us a step back not forward. We are a poor team with no confidence and the manner of the defeat today will unfortunately weigh heavy on the team.

(10-23-2021, 08:01 PM)tattiedave Wrote: I was running late today ,as I was picking up my grandson.
Got to the game at 1506,turnstiles were shuttered down.
Spent four minutes trying to get a stewards attention before I could get in,and  in meantime missed our first goal. Raging!
Should have known then it was going to be one of those days!
Is this the norm regarding entry through the turnstiles Kenny ?
I was late arriving yesterday, like you surprised to see turnstiles closed but the Staggies bar door was unlocked and I walked straight in without a problem.