Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dundee United, 2nd October
(10-15-2021, 08:18 PM)tattiedave Wrote: Brilliant. I was thinking what form of response we could give him.That would work. Big Grin

No chance, he has stated he will not apologise to the County fans in the press today.
He has come across as a total radge.

Nobody should ever apologise for standing up against Racism.

(10-16-2021, 10:38 AM)USSR Tycoon Wrote: Totally agree. 
Spain seems to still want County not to he absolved from this unnecessary debacle which has been shown to be no case to answer. That’s the polite way of say made up nonsense to try and belittle our club. 
it’s not only Courts that I’d be concerned with. Who needs enemies when the enemies are from within!

Anyone who thinks County handled this well doesn't understand a) public relations, b) anti-racism or c) both.

(10-17-2021, 12:55 AM)Forfinn Wrote: Anyone who thinks County handled this well doesn't understand a) public relations, b) anti-racism or c) both.
Who said that they've handled this well?
Try reading the posts again and you'll see what I meant as I've been pretty clear.

(10-17-2021, 08:19 AM)jamiepscot Wrote: Who said that they've handled this well?
Try reading the posts again and you'll see what I meant as I've been pretty clear.
Well said Jamie.

(10-17-2021, 08:19 AM)jamiepscot Wrote: Who said that they've handled this well?

Spain criticised Ross County's handling of the situation. USSR Tycoon suggested Spain "seems to still want County not to he absolved from this unnecessary debacle", from which the logical inference is that he thinks County did handle it well. My apologies if he actually does agree with Spain's point.

Indeed, the mind boggles at implying I'm the "enemy within" for wanting to move on from this sorry saga.
.: Ours, is the Fury :.

Still missing somebody saying this has been handled well.

If Spain is so keen to "move on from this sorry saga", I suggest he has a word with him fellow administrator and ask him not to post an inflammatory comment suggesting people don't understand what public relations and anti racism involves.

Inflammatory?

[Image: tumblr_nxj9kjagn71ufl1nbo1_500.gif]

(10-18-2021, 09:42 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: Still missing somebody saying this has been handled well.

If Spain is so keen to "move on from this sorry saga", I suggest he has a word with him fellow administrator and ask him not to post an inflammatory comment suggesting people don't understand what public relations and anti racism involves.

They aren't inflammatory comments, just replying to the undertone of a lot of posts on this thread. 

Even Nigel Farage would shirk at some of the posts our fanbase made in relation to this incident.

And I think on that note it's time this thread was laid to rest.

I thought a forum was to allow users to post opinion and discuss. 
It appears this is only true if you're opinion doesn't challenge an administrator's opinion.
I am unable to see what dynamite said as he is on my blocked list but surely it wasn't enough to close the thread??????

jamiepscot Wrote:I thought a forum was to allow users to post opinion and discuss. 
It appears this is only true if you're opinion doesn't challenge an administrator's opinion.
I am unable to see what dynamite said as he is on my blocked list but surely it wasn't enough to close the thread??????

Supporting someone that stands up for racism is one thing, but to continue to stick up for someone who has made slanderous unsubstantiated accusations against our fans and refuses to admit he got it wrong and apologise is another. 

They won't let Malky move on, even though he apologised long ago and has the backing of the players he works with every day, including players of colour, but seem very keen to move on from tam courts comments and attitude towards our club.

Why shouldn't our club or anyone else for that matter defend themselves against dangerous, harmful and proven to be false accusations.

It works both ways, but some folk seem blinded by that.

Malcolm supporters right now. 

[Image: giphy.gif]

Very well Jamie, you clearly have some bee in your bonnet here. So here's your chance to explain yourself.

1. Why are your "opinions" valid, and yet I should censor Forfinn's allegedly inflammatory comment? Or do you really mean only viewpoints that broadly align with yours are worthwhile? That would certainly explain the irony of you blocking ShawIsDynamite.

2. Why should we be pursuing an agenda against a man who merely took a stand against racism by raising a t-shirt (albeit in vain)? Racism is not a game. Just because it turned out to be a false alarm, does not merit gloating and whataboutery. Especially when our own club was found to be wanting in this regard. I would prioritise the reputation of County over trying cheap shots at an anti-racist, but that's just my perogitive. If that's not the course you wish to take, where is your ire for Jeando Fuchs who started the whole thing off? Or would that be too on the nose for you?

Make some decent justification of your position there, and perhaps it will asuage some of the complaints I've had about you.

And to Westhillstaggies, I'm more than happy to let Malky move on. Preferably immediately after Saturday's game should we fail to win. But if you truly wish to reopen that can of worms then to you I say:

I was all for giving Malky the benefit of the doubt as long as he genuinely apologised. Taking the right reconciliatory tact, a position at the club (not manager, as his track record is horrendous, but perhaps in a DOF stlyle roll) would have been fine with me. Despite your claims, he has yet to apologise for his actions - apologising if anyones feelings were hurt is not the same thing. Yes, I used that disengenious apology before when I was a teenager. I'd like to think any self respecting adult would see through that by now.

Irrespective of the above, two wrongs do not make a right - I don't care what Courts or Fuchs say going forward, what concerns me is the manner in which our club (and our supporters) conduct themselves. To that end, I won't tolerate the anti-anti-racist agenda being pursued by some on here.

(10-19-2021, 12:20 PM)Spain Wrote:  the anti-anti-racist agenda being pursued by some on here.

Can you be anti-anti-racist if there was no racism though? Smile 

Courts got carried away waving a jersey, County's immediate response was poor.  Ultimately no case to answer.

End of, move on.

(10-19-2021, 02:48 PM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: Can you be anti-anti-racist if there was no racism though? Smile 

Courts got carried away waving a jersey, County's immediate response was poor.  Ultimately no case to answer.

End of, move on.

And this, in a nutshell, is the crux of it.

(10-19-2021, 12:20 PM)Spain Wrote: Very well Jamie, you clearly have some bee in your bonnet here. So here's your chance to explain yourself.

1. Why are your "opinions" valid, and yet I should censor Forfinn's allegedly inflammatory comment? Or do you really mean only viewpoints that broadly align with yours are worthwhile? That would certainly explain the irony of you blocking ShawIsDynamite.

2. Why should we be pursuing an agenda against a man who merely took a stand against racism by raising a t-shirt (albeit in vain)? Racism is not a game. Just because it turned out to be a false alarm, does not merit gloating and whataboutery. Especially when our own club was found to be wanting in this regard. I would prioritise the reputation of County over trying cheap shots at an anti-racist, but that's just my perogitive. If that's not the course you wish to take, where is your ire for Jeando Fuchs who started the whole thing off? Or would that be too on the nose for you?

Make some decent justification of your position there, and perhaps it will asuage some of the complaints I've had about you.

And to Westhillstaggies, I'm more than happy to let Malky move on. Preferably immediately after Saturday's game should we fail to win. But if you truly wish to reopen that can of worms then to you I say:

I was all for giving Malky the benefit of the doubt as long as he genuinely apologised. Taking the right reconciliatory tact, a position at the club (not manager, as his track record is horrendous, but perhaps in a DOF stlyle roll) would have been fine with me. Despite your claims, he has yet to apologise for his actions - apologising if anyones feelings were hurt is not the same thing. Yes, I used that disengenious apology before when I was a teenager. I'd like to think any self respecting adult would see through that by now.

Irrespective of the above, two wrongs do not make a right - I don't care what Courts or Fuchs say going forward, what concerns me is the manner in which our club (and our supporters) conduct themselves. To that end, I won't tolerate the anti-anti-racist agenda being pursued by some on here.
Point 1 - My opinions are valid and so are everyone else's, unless they don't agree with your's it appears. I never asked you to censor Forfinn's post and I blocked Dynamite's posts as I was bored of reading the same point.
Point 2 - I think I stated my opinion and my post was self explanatory. I think Fuchs has played the racism card way to easily and would welcome his take on it. Unfortunately anyone at DU is refusing to clarify what they think occurred and as such makes it look like they have no evidence and are keeping quiet at the expense of our reputation.
As for your comment about complaints regarding me, I can only assume that they are unfounded or trivial as your comment is the first I've heard about them. I'd welcome some clarification and will not have issue with not partaking in future posting if people are being upset my my occasional opinion.
Spain, it's my opinion that your post and general handling of this minor incident is lacking and maybe I'm not the poster who requires an introspective look at things. Just my opinion of course!  Angel

(10-19-2021, 08:24 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: I think Fuchs has played the racism card way to easily 

It's a "yikes" from me.

I mean, wow.