Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dundee United, 2nd October
Dundee United have submitted evidence of the alleged racist abuse of Jeando Fuchs by Ross County fans.

If the club were certain that no racial comment was made, the added line about support for Fuchs would not have been put in that statement.

The club are in a precarious position now, if this evidence does prove to be correct, it is going to be incredibly difficult for Ferguson to keep his job after that woeful statement. Nevermind Mackay.

(10-04-2021, 07:29 PM)Spain Wrote: ...The Midge incident last year...

I think the club handled the Midge situation in the right way and I wonder if the lack of "reward" for doing so has informed the combative approach this time?

Ketts was measured in his post-match comments and subsequent public statements were brief. I think it's widely accepted by people who kept up with it that Gardyne didn't aim a homophobic slur at Morelos but that the word "fanny" was misheard. It was regrettable that Rangers didn't publicly acknowledge that. As a result, the damage was done. It was left to Midge's agent to brief his side of the story to the papers.

So this time they've tried to control the narrative instead. Not in itself necessarily a bad idea, it's just been executed badly.

(10-04-2021, 08:54 PM)Spain Wrote: I suggest you try reading that message again seeing as you've completey missed the point. I'm not purporting that anyone is racist. I do genuinely believe Fergie. Our continued mishandling from a PR perspective is the issue here. We've become toxic by incompetence. National news yet again in a racism scandal. Fantastic work.

You've decided that everyone else sees us as racist and toxic on the back of:

Gardyne using a mildly homophobic word in the heat of battle with the saintly Morelos
The fact we've appointed a manager with a history
There being no smoke without fire
A baseless waiving of a t shirt by an hot headed opposition manager

Reiterated - bizarre.

However I do agree that the PR at the club has been, and still is atrocious.  I dont think PR enters Roy Macgregors thinking at all, in football or business he really doesn't ever consider the public perception of his actions.  We dont justify a full time spin doctor but surely we can have someone on speed dial to help when we: sack our whole squad, appoint a controversial manager, get accused of racsim...

I for one was happy to see the club release a statement in support of the fans given the information they gathered, from Dundee United stewards. In addition MM came out and said as much in his post match statement. TC's actions after the match were ill advised and whilst I applaud a manager supporting his player, he shouldn't have expressed his views without solid evidence of any wrongdoing.

I appears DU still believe that there's a case against staggie fans however.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58794346

I've been a County fan home and away for years and I've never known us to be racist, aside from one jailender who thinks it's hilarious to call black player's "black islers". Bear in mind, he's an idiot ;-)

(10-04-2021, 09:44 PM)ShawIsDynamite Wrote: Dundee United have submitted evidence of the alleged racist abuse of Jeando Fuchs by Ross County fans.

If the club were certain that no racial comment was made, the added line about support for Fuchs would not have been put in that statement.

The club are in a precarious position now, if this evidence does prove to be correct, it is going to be incredibly difficult for Ferguson to keep his job after that woeful statement. Nevermind Mackay.

Another bizarre take. How would a manager of a football team lose his job because the PR guy/CEO cant write a suitable statement about an incident which has absolutely nothing to do with him?

(10-06-2021, 10:53 AM)dr3 Wrote: Another bizarre take. How would a manager of a football team lose his job because the PR guy/CEO cant write a suitable statement about an incident which has absolutely nothing to do with him?

Would say the fact this is apparently our worst league start since we joined the professional ranks would be more a "job in danger" thing.

He's equaled Willie McStay's league run for a new boss of no wins in eight, miscounted.

https://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/news/70...eeunitedfc

Sounds like there’s a rogue element, from within, trying to set up and discredit our club. Would be interesting to reveal the identity of these individuals !

(10-09-2021, 11:52 AM)USSR Tycoon Wrote: Sounds like there’s a rogue element, from within, trying to set up and discredit our club. Would be interesting to reveal the identity of these individuals !

And what would Dundee United get from that exactly?

(10-08-2021, 05:37 PM)ShawIsDynamite Wrote: https://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/news/70...eeunitedfc
So they have passed their evidence to Police Scotland and the SPFL,have our club been given sight of the report?I  would like to think that the supporters from both sides who contributed to the investigation have put their names to the statements made thus allowing accountability.

https://www.ross-shirejournal.co.uk/spor...-p-254110/

Great news

(10-14-2021, 01:17 PM)RCChimp Wrote: https://www.ross-shirejournal.co.uk/spor...-p-254110/

Great news
This is going to really disappoint some people!
Would love to see the nonsense the DU sent to the police claiming to be evidence. Think County should investigate further and demand an apology from that horrid team!

(10-14-2021, 04:00 PM)USSR Tycoon Wrote: This is going to really disappoint some people!
Would love to see the nonsense the DU sent to the police claiming to be evidence. Think County should investigate further and demand an apology from that horrid team!
Correct,that idiot wandering about with his hurridely prepared T shirt should have the bottle to come out and apologise for his inflammatory action,his own people stated nothing racial occurred but yet they persisted in pushing this.I, like everyone abhor any form of racism and this attempt to gain the moral high ground was built on shifting sand.

Next home game against DU, all our fans should get red t-shirts with "show Tam Courts the middle finger!" printed on it!

I repeat, Hopefully when Tam Courts comes to Dingwall he gets and wears the t shirt I AM AN IDIOT, I GOT IT WRONG, I APOLOGISE.

jamiepscot Wrote:Next home game against DU, all our fans should get red t-shirts with "show Tam Courts the middle finger!" printed on it!

Id happily settle for a t-shirt with " tam courts is a fanny" on it, seeing as that was another word that was misheard.
in irn-bru colours of course, so as not to cause offence

(10-14-2021, 06:59 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: Next home game against DU, all our fans should get red t-shirts with "show Tam Courts the middle finger!" printed on it!
Brilliant. I was thinking what form of response we could give him.That would work. Big Grin

(10-14-2021, 07:56 PM)DORTAIN Wrote: I repeat, Hopefully when Tam Courts comes to Dingwall he gets and wears the t shirt I AM AN IDIOT, I GOT IT WRONG, I APOLOGISE.
No chance, he has stated he will not apologise to the County fans in the press today.
He has come across as a total radge.

I've got to be honest here, I'm concerned about the attitude towards Courts here. He tried to defend (unnecessarily it turns out) one of his players from racial abuse. Did he handle it well? No. Did we, as a club? No. There should be no pleasure taken from this outcome, just relief. Best to put this whole sorry mess behind us and hope that our club has at least learnt some valuable PR lessons along the way.
.: Ours, is the Fury :.

(10-15-2021, 09:32 PM)Spain Wrote: I've got to be honest here, I'm concerned about the attitude towards Courts here. He tried to defend (unnecessarily it turns out) one of his players from racial abuse. Did he handle it well? No. Did we, as a club? No. There should be no pleasure taken from this outcome, just relief. Best to put this whole sorry mess behind us and hope that our club has at least learnt some valuable PR lessons along the way.

Absolute pish. County fans are more than entitled to be upset with Courts. He did after all risk the safety of the fans who attended the DU game. On top of that he has besmirched the name of our fans with his actions and he knew at the time he did it that there was no evidence to suggest there was a racist context.

(10-15-2021, 09:54 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: Absolute pish. County fans are more than entitled to be upset with Courts. He did after all risk the safety of the fans who attended the DU game. On top of that he has besmirched the name of our fans with his actions and he knew at the time he did it that there was no evidence to suggest there was a racist context.
Totally agree. 
Spain seems to still want County not to he absolved from this unnecessary debacle which has been shown to be no case to answer. That’s the polite way of say made up nonsense to try and belittle our club. 
it’s not only Courts that I’d be concerned with. Who needs enemies when the enemies are from within!