Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dundee United, 2nd October
An interesting game to watch , I thought we were poor first half with burroughs, iacovitti, Maynard brewer and spittal all having poor errors. I don’t understand why Ben paton hasn’t kept his place at left back I thought he was better there than Burroughs, in a game like today I’d be looking to drop tillson and start callachan, cancola or Ben paton as all tillson offers is energy which we already have in abundance with spittal and Harry paton. Maynard brewer very poor for the goal and would consider starting laidlaw again next week. Didn’t see enough of Alex Samuel to properly judge but he put himself about

2nd half was much better and was very impressed with hungbo, found it quite ironic Mcmann got man of the match when it seemed like every time hungbo got to ball he skipped past him, his shot that hit the post was unlucky, white didn’t have much time with his header but anywhere other than down the middle and we are level , Dominic Samuel was unlucky to be just offside for a lovely finish , fwiw I thought we looked a much better attacking threat with callachan , white and Samuel on and would take that into consideration for future matches , Baldwin took the armband and I was fairly impressed with him he was neat and tidy and looked to drive out with the ball on occasion. All in all I think we were actually the better team I didn’t rate united’s attacking play (or lack of it) but they defended resolutely when we couldn’t and were littered with errors , we are playing ok but would rather play crap And win than brilliant and lose , points need to start coming from somewhere

And to touch on the unsavoury reports , I severely hope it is untrue about potential racist comments from county fans , I’m sure I speak for all of us when I say there is absolutely no room for it at our club and hope any perpetrators are dealt with accordingly

Very suspicious of the alleged comment made by a rogue single person. Beggars belief who would make such a comment considering our own multi cultural team. Seems like a bit of a set up. You could put your mortgage on who would be first to mention it on here! Enough said!!

There was a way for Malcolm to deal with that post match interview, he didn't do it.

It really is time for him to be punted and never heard from ever again.

(10-03-2021, 09:15 AM)USSR Tycoon Wrote: Very suspicious of the alleged comment made by a rogue single person. Beggars belief who would make such a comment considering our own multi cultural team. Seems like a bit of a set up. You could put your mortgage on who would be first to mention it on here! Enough said!!

"A set up" 

Please expand on that, what forces are at work to see Ross County fans labeled as racist? 

Get your head out your [censored] for a minute and look at the bigger picture.

(10-03-2021, 09:16 AM)ShawIsDynamite Wrote: There was a way for Malcolm to deal with that post match interview, he didn't do it.

I couldn't agree more with this. You'd think a man who's been through all that diversity training would know better.

Bitterly disappointed with the result. We cannot keep giving away goals and missing good chances all the time.

M-B obviously at fault for goal but a terrible clearance from Baldwin was the root cause. In fairness M-B had some good saves too.
Burroughs may we’ll have a lot of potential but it is certainly not at left back at least two of his passes out could/ should have led to goals.
Still lack leadership in the middle of defence - where were our centre halfs when the United player headed over when he should have scored. We already are top of the goals against league which is hugely disappointing considering this weakness has been apparent for about 50 games. There must be a better option at left back. Maybe 3 at the back would be more stable, whatever, we need better concentration and organisation.

A.Samuels on his own didn’t work as we played him the way we play White - as a target man. Presumably the idea was two wide men Hungbo and RCC to find him with crosses and on the deck. Didn’t work. RCC only touched the ball a few times and how he got a game ahead of Callachan I can’t understand. Hungbo on the other hand is full of energy and effort and will definitely start scoring - the sooner the better!

I think we need to be braver and get two up front, for me one of them should be White but the a. n. other is up for grabs.

3 home games before the end of the month and two weeks to plan the strategy. Management must earn their corn and pick the right team and formation.

I trust the racist comments are a red herring but if not sincerely hope that any real RCFC fans who heard it will out the perpetrator.

An investigation into the alleged racist language has concluded that no racist language was used and looks like we indeed could have been set up. The actions of the DU manager after the game was ill judged. Idiot!!

(10-03-2021, 03:00 PM)USSR Tycoon Wrote: An investigation into the alleged racist language has concluded that no racist language was used and looks like we indeed could have been set up. The actions of the DU manager after the game was ill judged. Idiot!!
A pity some on here could not wait to twist the knife without knowing any facts. Courts has made a right turkey of himself too.

Remember when gardyne was misheard by Goldson and we all leapt to his defence, well, it's the same here, didn't happen.
Shame on all of those so quick to cast judgement and try to make it all about our manager.
I trust apologies will be posted soon.

(10-03-2021, 07:15 PM)Westhillstaggies Wrote: Remember when gardyne was misheard by Goldson and we all leapt to his defence, well, it's the same here, didn't happen.
Shame on all of those so quick to cast judgement and try to make it all about our manager.
I trust apologies will be posted soon.
From Dynamite to damp squib get it up ya

We're going to have to start winning some games soon. It's early days in the season, but after yesterday's result, the next two home games are pretty crucial. From what I saw on the TV we should have at least got a point out of that game. No offence Brick on the Wall, but if you think ( and it appears our manager thinks so too https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/spo...ss-county/ ), after all the new players that have come to the club, that White is our best forward, we're doomed.

The issue many had post game was Malcolm's response. For a man who has made racist comments in the past, all he needed to do, was come out and state that an investigation was ongoing (which it still is by the way).

The response on here has been embarrassing, and it shows where we are as a club when fans are actively gloating when our CEO says nothing was said in a racist manner.

From top to bottom, Ross County are a walking disaster at the moment. On the pitch we are a complete shambles, off it the club continues moving backwards at a frightening pace.

(10-03-2021, 08:53 PM)It\s Only A Game Wrote: No offence Brick on the Wall, but if you think ( and it appears our manager thinks so too  https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/spo...ss-county/ ),  after all the new players that have come to the club, that White is our best forward, we're doomed.
None taken!
The reason for this forum existing is for us to discuss RCFC football and we will all have our own views on players, formations, managerial decisions which is all healthy stuff.
I have seen all 3 front men start and in my opinion the one who offers most threat is White. Hopefully both Samuels will carry a threat and score goals but as to leading the line I’m not so sure. Actually I’m thinking Hungbo will prove to be our best forward threat.

(10-04-2021, 07:42 AM)Brick on the wall Wrote: None taken!
The reason for this forum existing is for us to discuss RCFC football and we will all have our own views on players, formations, managerial decisions which is all healthy stuff.
I have seen all 3 front men start and in my opinion the one who offers most threat is White. Hopefully both Samuels will carry a threat and score goals but as to leading the line I’m not so sure. Actually I’m thinking Hungbo will prove to be our best forward threat.

Dominic Samuel looks like he may have something about him but Alex Samuel looks like Craig Curran without the poachers instinct.

(10-04-2021, 07:32 AM)ShawIsDynamite Wrote: The issue many had post game was Malcolm's response. For a man who has made racist comments in the past, all he needed to do, was come out and state that an investigation was ongoing (which it still is by the way).

The response on here has been embarrassing, and it shows where we are as a club when fans are actively gloating when our CEO says nothing was said in a racist manner.

From top to bottom, Ross County are a walking disaster at the moment. On the pitch we are a complete shambles, off it the club continues moving backwards at a frightening pace.
try going back to the caley forum they are playing well and even you might find something positive to say for a change

Hopefully Tam Courts will get and wear the t shirt with ‘I AM AN IDIOT, I GOT IT WRONG, I APOLOGISE’

(10-04-2021, 07:09 PM)DORTAIN Wrote: Hopefully Tam Courts will get and wear the t shirt with ‘I AM AN IDIOT, I GOT IT WRONG, I APOLOGISE’

Yes a man holding up a t-shirt deploring racism is in the wrong here. 

County have doubled down in a disastrous fashion, the PR of this once proud club is well and truly in the gutter.

While it doesn't exactly seem like case closed yet the problem we have now is that the way our club, manager, and chairman have conducted themselves over the last few months has eroded any faith and goodwill we had on this.

Does anyone outside of our club fully buy into Fergie's statement? I doubt it. The mindset is quite clearly already out there that our club don't really believe in all this "show racism the red card" stuff and are quite happy to constantly sweep these issues under the carpet.

Innocent or not, we're now gaining a reputation. The Midge incident last year, the on-going Malky situation, and now this. An uncomfortable picture is being painted regardless if they're actually based on reality or not. The "no smoke without fire" line is well and truly getting aimed at us.
.: Ours, is the Fury :.

(10-04-2021, 07:29 PM)Spain Wrote: While it doesn't exactly seem like case closed yet the problem we have now is that the way our club, manager, and chairman have conducted themselves over the last few months has eroded any faith and goodwill we had on this.

Does anyone outside of our club fully buy into Fergie's statement? I doubt it. The mindset is quite clearly already out there that our club don't really believe in all this "show racism the red card" stuff and are quite happy to constantly sweep these issues under the carpet.

Innocent or not, we're now gaining a reputation. The Midge incident last year, the on-going Malky situation, and now this. An uncomfortable picture is being painted regardless if they're actually based on reality or not. The "no smoke without fire" line is well and truly getting aimed at us.

Thats an utterly bizarre take on things.  What exactly is the "on-going Malky situation"?

The County fans on Saturday are as racist as Paul Gambacinni is a paedophile.  Whilst everyone should deplore racism, and fight to stamp it out in our game, to suggest there is no smoke without fire is very odd when there is quite clearly no case to answer here.

(10-04-2021, 07:28 PM)ShawIsDynamite Wrote: Yes a man holding up a t-shirt deploring racism is in the wrong here. 

County have doubled down in a disastrous fashion, the PR of this once proud club is well and truly in the gutter.
If Tam Courts gets 2 T-shirt’s, you can wear the other one !

(10-04-2021, 08:10 PM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: Thats an utterly bizarre take on things.  What exactly is the "on-going Malky situation"?

The County fans on Saturday are as racist as Paul Gambacinni is a paedophile.  Whilst everyone should deplore racism, and fight to stamp it out in our game, to suggest there is no smoke without fire is very odd when there is quite clearly no case to answer here.

I suggest you try reading that message again seeing as you've completey missed the point. I'm not purporting that anyone is racist. I do genuinely believe Fergie. Our continued mishandling from a PR perspective is the issue here. We've become toxic by incompetence. National news yet again in a racism scandal. Fantastic work.
.: Ours, is the Fury :.