Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Vs Motherwell 25/09/21
Another tough game, Motherwell unbeaten in 5 including the draw at Ibrox and doing better than I thought they would.

Good news is that away fans are allowed and a supporters bus is running.

Maynard-brewer deserves to retain his place, don't know why Clarke was missing at the weekend, but if fit, it's going to a hard decision to pick 2 from Clarke/Baldwin/lacovetti.
Hungbo seems like an exciting player who can make things happen in what little I've seen of him, would like to see him get more game time, but not at the expense of rcc.
I'd also have Dom Samuel in for white,but other than that, I just can't think of any outfield players who deserve to be dropped.

Its time to start turning some of these draws into wins, livi may have just turned a corner at the weekend.

(09-21-2021, 04:29 PM)Westhillstaggies Wrote: Another tough game, Motherwell unbeaten in 5 including the draw at Ibrox and doing better than I thought they would.

Maynard-brewer deserves to retain his place, don't know why Clarke was missing at the weekend, but if fit, it's going to a hard decision to pick 2 from Clarke/Baldwin/lacovetti.
Hungbo seems like an exciting player who can make things happen in what little I've seen of him, would like to see him get more game time, but not at the expense of rcc.
I'd also have Dom Samuel in for white,but other than that, I just can't think of any outfield players who deserve to be dropped.

Its time to start turning some of these draws into wins, livi may have just turned a corner at the weekend.
On the radio on the way to the game on Saturday they said that Clarke had developed an ear infection and wasn't quite match fit. I expect he'll be fit for the Motherwell game. Difficult choice. Even more important for me is if Spittal will be fit for Saturday. He can really influence a game and gives 110% every time he plays. If he'd played the full 90 minutes on Saturday I think we would have won.

Think Clark should start. The distribution from the back by our two centre backs was not great at times on Saturday. Got to stick with Maynard Brewer in goals who impressed on Saturday. Spittal is our main threat for a goal. Would like to start with Alex Samuel up front for the nuisance element of his game. Could link up well with White. Is it too early for Volkins at full back?

Motherwell have had a strong start to the season but their fans have some worries about their ability to take the game to the opposition. I'm sure we'll be happy with a draw, so on that basis I'm calling this as a 0-0.

I was going to get the train through from Edinburgh to meet up with folk I've not seen in 18 months, but Cross Country have changed their timetable so there's no 45 minute direct trains now. It's 1hr 30mins on 2 Scotrail trains instead. I'm not that keen so it'll be Open All Mics for me.

(09-22-2021, 09:03 PM)USSR Tycoon Wrote: Is it too early for Volkins at full back?

Given he hasn't been on the bench in any league fixture, I'd doubt our highly skilled manager would risk throwing him straight into the mix cold. Realistically he is going to take a good month or so to get up to match fitness. 

This is apparently the easier run of games, five matches to define the season. After that, we have the trio of Hibs / Rangers / Celtic. 

The biggest set of fixtures in Malcolm's career? Anything except nine points will be an absolute failure. 

Malkkky OUT!

Feeling good about us after that hearts game , I’d go with

Maynard-brewer
Burroughs
Clarke
Iacovitti
B.paton
RCC
Spittal
Tillson
Callachan
H.paton
D.Samuel

Some very tough decisions there I think Baldwin , White and cancola all will be in and around the mix aswell , would also like to see more of hungbo

Who's the first name on the team sheet?

For me at the moment my top is:
Spittal - scoring goals, making things happen
RCC - getting better all the time, power and pace
Clarke - A confidence and calmness at the back also plays the ball out very well
Maynard-Brewer - as much for the errors he replaces, but a great performance last week, came really well for crosses, although his cavalier approach may cause concern I was happy when he committed to come out he really came
Burroughs - particularly his Celtic performance has a great work ethic, don't think we've conceded down that side when he's played

As far as tomorrow goes, I'll go for a 2-1 win but would take a draw
can't wait to get in the ground !!!!!!!!

(09-21-2021, 04:29 PM)Westhillstaggies Wrote: Another tough game, Motherwell unbeaten in 5 including the draw at Ibrox and doing better than I thought they would.

Make sure and check there are cash turnstiles.My mate thinks there is no cash at gate.

All away end tickets must be purchased online only.

Staggies Supporters must use the link above which will ask you to create an online account. This will show you as an away fan and show the away stand only. If you go directly to the Motherwell FC website you will not be able to purchase in the away stand.

Watson starts with Clarke and Ben Paton on the bench, mmmm, not too sure about that one, that's the only change in starting 11 from last week, would've preferred to see Dominic Samuel start over white, but I'm no manager, rest of the team looks great, looking forward to seeing rcc and spittal tearing the well apart.

We were mugged. We were the best team when they scored through the goalkeeper”s legs which is always disappointing. Charles Cook had a clear penalty in my opinion.

Absolutely gutted for the players and management, better team by far and deserved so much more for their efforts.
Should've been a penalty when hungbo was barged over and defender dived on the ball and handled it.
White just isn't the clinical striker we need, one of the Samuels must surely start the next game.

Who'd have thought employing a manager who hasn't managed in five years (and was a disaster at his last club) would have had negative consequences. I just didn't see it coming ?

MalKKKy OUT!

Keystone cops defending. We badly need a leader at the back and a left back. Burroughs exposed again as he was at right back in first half against Hearts. Not all his fault - why play a makeshift defender with our best defender on the bench. Burroughs shows midfield potential, use him there.

Short term ( pre Vokins return) I feel we should be using Iacovitti at left back with Clarke at right back and Baldwin and Watson or even Donaldson.

Plenty of effort on show - especially between the two boxes but end product not good enough.

Hungbo is in my opinion a big upgrade on RCC ( despite RCC’s input improving recently) but we cannot keep messing up and missing the several decent chances our play has provided.

Tighten up and sharpen up or we will be back to play offs at seasons end.

(09-25-2021, 05:17 PM)ShawIsDynamite Wrote: Who'd have thought employing a manager who hasn't managed in five years (and was a disaster at his last club) would have had negative consequences. I just didn't see it coming ?

MalKKKy OUT!
You are getting very tedious.  The team are playing better football this season than anything I saw for the last two years.

I get you hate the manager, but could you stop with the carp.

(09-25-2021, 06:35 PM)cdam Wrote: You are getting very tedious.  The team are playing better football this season than anything I saw for the last two years.

I get you hate the manager, but could you stop with the carp.

Playing better but not getting results? 

Dare I say the plan of signing players last minute hasn't worked out for Malcolm? Anything but a win next week against a inconsistent  Dundee United side would be a travesty.

Unfortunately playing nice football doesn't keep you up. 

As for stopping with the carp, I am just very worried that Malcolm is making us look like minnows.

MalKKKy OUT!

(09-25-2021, 08:10 PM)ShawIsDynamite Wrote: Playing better but not getting results? 

Dare I say the plan of signing players last minute hasn't worked out for Malcolm? Anything but a win next week against a inconsistent  Dundee United side would be a travesty.

As for stopping with the carp, I am just very worried that Malcolm is making us look like minnows.

MalKKKy OUT!
Couple of quick questions…

Have you actually watched any games?
Do you actually want County to win?

you genuinely seem to get pleasure from us losing.

RCChimp Wrote:Couple of quick questions…

Have you actually watched any games?
Do you actually want County to win?

you genuinely seem to get pleasure from us losing.

Caley troll perhaps????

ShawIsDynamite Wrote:I am just very worried that Malcolm is making us look like minnows.

The reality is, with the league now at the strongest it's ever been with us in it, that's exactly what we are, the minnows, no matter who the manager is. 
We'll probably be in our own little mini league with st mirren, livi and Dundee for most of the season, anything above that will be a bonus and everyone at the club could do with our support.

There are others who say they won't go back under the current management and that's their choice, however, I've yet to see any of them take so much vocal pleasure and delight and stick the knife in when we don't win.

(09-25-2021, 08:10 PM)ShawIsDynamite Wrote: Playing better but not getting results? 

MalKKKy OUT!
Zzzzz