Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Vs hearts 18/09/21
Looking forward to this one, could this be our first 3 points? Hearts have been looking really good and they have Liam Boyce and Craig Gordon is in inspired form
I'm hoping hearts will be off it a bit after the hype of their first derby game at the weekend and we can sneak a win, but can see it being 1-1 draw.
Can't see there being many changes to the team, but I'd really like to see hungbo starting.
Should be a great game and a great atmosphere with the hearts fans in.

Ps  please keep your posts in relation to the thread title. T/y

I think, injury aside it would be harsh to change any of the starting positions. Maybe the keeper, but I did think he was much better Saturday.

Not sure who I'd want to leave out to start Hungbo and can imagine he would be a good impact sub, bursting at a defensive line with 70 odd mins in their legs.

I can see a win as easily as I can see a loss so will also predict a draw maybe 2-2.

Its a harder game that we expected when the fixtures first came out, but winnable and I agree the little tarts may well have a derby hangover

No reason why we shouldn't get our first win this season. On the other hand the glass could be half empty and we could lose to a Liam Boyce penalty, although our chief penalty give-awayer Coll Donaldson will probably not be playing :-)

I'm no statistician. Did we give away the most penalties in the league last season? It certainly felt like it.

Looking at how Hearts played against Hibs and they're better on the road, this is another tough game.

I think we are capable of getting a win, but I would be fairly content with a draw.

I’d bite your hand off for a draw here. They will kick us off the park and Neilson will moan his face off throughout the game trying to influence the ref!
Not sure our season starts this weekend.

USSR Tycoon Wrote:I’d bite your hand off for a draw here. They will kick us off the park and Neilson will moan his face off throughout the game trying to influence the ref!

Now you mention it, yes I remember neilsons blatant cheating diving tactics when he was manager for Dundee Utd against us in the championship, hopefully we get a decent ref who knows what he's like and won't be easily conned

(09-15-2021, 09:26 PM)Westhillstaggies Wrote:  Now you mention it, yes I remember neilsons blatant cheating diving tactics when he was manager for Dundee Utd against us in the championship, hopefully we get a decent ref who knows what he's like and won't be easily conned

A Scottish ref that, both, knows what he's doing and wont be easily conned? You need to check your expectations  Big Grin

Would take a draw and run here. Hearts have started well, and are a far better team than us!

(09-15-2021, 07:29 PM)USSR Tycoon Wrote: I’d bite your hand off for a draw here. They will kick us off the park and Neilson will moan his face off throughout the game trying to influence the ref!
Neilson is a disgrace the way he sets his teams up to dive,cheat,and his time wasting when his teams take the lead is atrocious.
I remember him turning Calum Paterson into a player who feigned injury constantly .
County to win.

(09-16-2021, 08:55 PM)tattiedave Wrote: Neilson is a disgrace the way he sets his teams up to dive,cheat,and his time wasting when his teams take the lead is atrocious.
I remember him turning Calum Paterson into a player who feigned injury constantly .
County to win.
Good to see you want a county win Dave....... given your previous affinity to the jam tart's  Tongue

(09-16-2021, 10:47 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: Good to see you want a county win Dave....... given your previous affinity to the jam tart's  Tongue
You have got me wrong there Jamie, my big team was The Steel Men.(don’t tar me  with the same brush as Big George)    Big Grin

No Harry Clarke today, that's a massive blow, Maynard-brewer gets his chance in goal, I'm now worried what Liam Boyce may do to us today

Clarke is a big miss but Baldwin & Iacovitti look ok.

Good game so far (typing this at HT) New keeper looks good, not had too much to do but he's done things well. More County goals in the 2nd half please.

I didn’t make the game but that’s a good result , fair play to spittal getting a double and the new goalie getting motm

Overall a good result against unbeaten hearts with a great chance to win it at the end, credit and respect to Liam Boyce for not celebrating his goal (take note Marcus Fraser)
New keeper did well and made some good saves, was he out of position for the equaliser?? Will watch on tv later.
Was worried at Clarks absence, but no need, Baldwin and lacovetti played well together
I did wonder where any further goals would come from after spittal and Callaghan went off as white doesn't fill me with confidence as a goalscorer,  would like to see Samuel start next week instead

Game in full on BBC alba at 6pm

White's link up play was very poor today, he really struggled to link up with a team mate and kept losing us possession, it was a tough task against Souter but I'd like to see either of the two Samuel's given a chance against Motherwell next game too.

We now know who our first choice keeper should be. Looked like a howler of a miss right at the end from White but will watch it again on the tv.. Everthing changed when Spittal went off!

An enjoyable game, though a bit nerve-wracking. Either side could have got the 3 points. Agreed about Spittal. I assume he was injured. White did his job well for the first goal, but otherwise didn't contribute much. R C-C is really growing in confidence. The defence looked solid in front of our excellent goalkeeper. He couldn't do much with the deflection for the first goal and these days, since the introduction of the line for the wall, any footballer worth his salt taking a free kick should be able to get the ball over the wall and under the crossbar. Must be a nightmare for goalkeepers wondering where to stand.

The home crowd wasn't large today. I hope it's not boycotting because of the new manager. He's brought in a lot of new players and our team this year looks and plays so much better than last season's.

Still a nightmare at the turnstiles. Pretty amateurish when Fergie, our chief executive, is standing there desperately trying to get people into the East Stand through the gate 10 minutes before kick off.

I’m assuming the poorer home crowd is down to the option of watching via Ross County TV. Can I just say it’s a million times better being at the match.  Slightly longer queues at the turnstiles but that’s what you get at SPL level. Credit to the club for making the match day experience enjoyable.

Good performance and good progress. Maynard-Brewer a worthy Player of the Match - some great work by him. Losing the very influential Captain Spittal at half time might have set us back a little, though it could be that Hearts were just more effective.

If pushed for something to moan about, I'd say that the scanning at turnstiles is not working smoothly.
Malky Mackay - he's our new manager

(09-17-2021, 08:15 PM)tattiedave Wrote: You have got me wrong there Jamie, my big team was The Steel Men.(don’t tar me  with the same brush as Big George)    Big Grin
My apologies Dave, I remember now and the comparison with big George never entered my mind!!!!