Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Vs hearts 18/09/21
Good game RCC clear MoM. BUT, shambles at the turnstiles again. Nothing to do with being SPL. Gates for East stand has been reduced from 4 to 2. Also, Jailend entrance now next to East stand entrance, which genius thought this would be a good idea.

Poor home crowd today (and still problems getting in). Where is everyone? Be lucky to hit 2,500 v Livingston at this rate.

(09-18-2021, 08:54 PM)It\s Only A Game Wrote: The home crowd wasn't large today. I hope it's not boycotting because of the new manager. He's brought in a lot of new players and our team this year looks and plays so much better than last season's.

I went and had a look at the last two Saturday home games against Hearts (from the 17/18 season) and the official attendance yesterday was down 1,000 on both of them.

(09-19-2021, 02:03 PM)Forfinn Wrote: I went and had a look at the last two Saturday home games against Hearts (from the 17/18 season) and the official attendance yesterday was down 1,000 on both of them.
25 year season tickets have now expired, will also have a bearing on it.

Lots of empty seats yesterday which is a pity because it looks like we are certainly heading in the right direction.

We now have fairly reasonable cover at the back and we can look forward to the lad Vokins coming back soon from injury and Grivosti fit and fired up in January.

Plenty of options in midfield with Spittal and Callaghan shoe ins plus a variety of others available.

Up front not so sure Wright obviously for his height is going to feature heavily but no stand out goal scorer has evolved yet - we will need that to happen ASAP.

But really encouraging overall - looking forward to the season ahead. I hope success will bring more bums on seats.

(09-19-2021, 03:07 PM)tattiedave Wrote: 25 year season tickets have now expired, will also have a bearing on it.

The fact County have just taken, taken, taken for the past couple of season's has the biggest bearing on it.
Last season those of us who paid £100 more for East and West stand tickets received no benefit due to covid restrictions. The least County should have done was give us our tickets this year at jailend prices. 
In addition that was after they conned people into joining the staggies army after Roy MacGregor released a statement saying they wouldn't be selling season tickets because "it would be unfair to do so under such uncertain times". They then did a massive u turn and started selling season tickets.

Dave, It's rumoured that your big team, gave all last season's season ticket holders a free ticket this season. If that's true, anyone confirm this rumour. That is the way to look after your loyal fan base and is to be applauded.

I was also extremely disappointed that County raised the kids season ticket from £5 to £60 without explanation 

I am disappointed that County are still claiming to be a family/community club but neglect to explain these decisions with the people who are, supposedly, important to them.

If any of the points I've made are incorrect I would welcome being put right as it might improve my feeling regarding the running of my club.

(09-19-2021, 04:24 PM)jamiepscot Wrote:
The fact County have just taken, taken, taken for the past couple of season's has the biggest bearing on it.
Last season those of us who paid £100 more for East and West stand tickets received no benefit due to covid restrictions. The least County should have done was give us our tickets this year at jailend prices. 
In addition that was after they conned people into joining the staggies army after Roy MacGregor released a statement saying they wouldn't be selling season tickets because "it would be unfair to do so under such uncertain times". They then did a massive u turn and started selling season tickets.

Dave, It's rumoured that your big team, gave all last season's season ticket holders a free ticket this season. If that's true, anyone confirm this rumour. That is the way to look after your loyal fan base and is to be applauded.

I was also extremely disappointed that County raised the kids season ticket from £5 to £60 without explanation 

I am disappointed that County are still claiming to be a family/community club but neglect to explain these decisions with the people who are, supposedly, important to them.

If any of the points I've made are incorrect I would welcome being put right as it might improve my feeling regarding the running of my club.
You highlight a few pertinent points that I have to agree with.

Who would have thought emolying someone like MacKKKay would have a negative impact on attendances?

MalKKKy OUT!

(09-19-2021, 06:49 PM)ShawIsDynamite Wrote: Who would have thought emolying someone like MacKKKay would have a negative impact on attendances?

MalKKKy OUT!
Or maybe constant negativity is doing a job on everyone.

man you are boring!

really enjoyed yesterday, I remain positive and looking forward to next week.

ShawIsDynamite Wrote:Who would have thought emolying someone like MacKKKay would have a negative impact on attendances?

MalKKKy OUT!

I started this thread and requested that everyone keep their comments in relation to the thread title (for obvious reasons) and we were doing so well, but no, you just can't help yourself, can you, you have got one serious chip on your shoulder, hijacking every thread to piss everyone off and spout your bile.
No one cares about your opinions any more because we're all sick of hearing the same thing over and over again, and no, THIS DOES NOT make us all racist, homophobic, sexist or anti Semitic in any way.
There's a core group of people on this site who can have amicable, civilised discussions based on each thread title without the need to continuously hurl insults all the time. Surely even you can see that, or are you that blinkered by hatred??
youve even criticised most of the signings and suggested the players would struggle to play in hooded tops on the new strip thread, yet another reference to that vile organisation the kkk, are you suggesting the players are members???  what does that make you?? And what have any of those new players ever done to you?? 
i suggest you leave this site and take your issue up directly with mr mcgregor.
Malky with one k is going to be here a while, it's about time you started getting used to it, don't like it, don't go, and don't tell us about it either.

(09-19-2021, 07:56 PM)Westhillstaggies Wrote: I started this thread and requested that everyone keep their comments in relation to the thread title (for obvious reasons) and we were doing so well, but no, you just can't help yourself, can you, you have got one serious chip on your shoulder, hijacking every thread to piss everyone off and spout your bile.
No one cares about your opinions any more because we're all sick of hearing the same thing over and over again, and no, THIS DOES NOT make us all racist, homophobic, sexist or anti Semitic in any way.
There's a core group of people on this site who can have amicable, civilised discussions based on each thread title without the need to continuously hurl insults all the time. Surely even you can see that, or are you that blinkered by hatred??
youve even criticised most of the signings and suggested the players would struggle to play in hooded tops on the new strip thread, yet another reference to that vile organisation the kkk, are you suggesting the players are members???  what does that make you?? And what have any of those new players ever done to you?? 
i suggest you leave this site and take your issue up directly with mr mcgregor.
Malky with one k is going to be here a while, it's about time you started getting used to it, don't like it, don't go, and don't tell us about it either.

Some quick points:

1) Someone else was first to suggest the possibility that Mackay might be at the root of people staying away from the Hearts game, so there's a clear link to the topic and evolution of discussion.

2) You don't speak on behalf of everyone on the forum or all Ross County supporters. Some people actually are still angry and/or disillusioned at the appointment of Mackay. Just because you don't care doesn't invalidate their opinions or their right to voice them (even if the "MalKKKy" patter - whilst quite wry at first - is a bit tired).

3) As others have pointed out, there's a mute function there to use if you want it. If you can't handle opinions you don't like, you don't need to read or engage with them.

RCChimp Wrote:Or maybe constant negativity is doing a job on everyone.

man you are boring!

really enjoyed yesterday, I remain positive and looking forward to next week.

Agreed, unlike last season, the majority of fans now look forward to games with positivy rather than trepidation. 
We have better players playing as a team and with confidence, no one should be knocking that, results will come and the overhaul of the playing squad will be justified

Not really on thread here but in response to Forfinn's point 3.

"3) As others have pointed out, there's a mute function there to use if you want it. If you can't handle opinions you don't like, you don't need to read or engage with them."

You can block other users comments but end up having to put up with them again when people respond to their posts.
As administrator is there something you can do about that?

(09-19-2021, 09:27 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: Not really on thread here but in response to Forfinn's point 3.

"3) As others have pointed out, there's a mute function there to use if you want it. If you can't handle opinions you don't like, you don't need to read or engage with them."

You can block other users comments but end up having to put up with them again when people respond to their posts.
Yes?

(09-18-2021, 08:54 PM)It's Only A Game Wrote: An enjoyable game, though a bit nerve-wracking. Either side could have got the 3 points. Agreed about Spittal. I assume he was injured. White did his job well for the first goal, but otherwise didn't contribute much. R C-C is really growing in confidence. The defence looked solid in front of our excellent goalkeeper. He couldn't do much with the deflection for the first goal and these days, since the introduction of the line for the wall, any footballer worth his salt taking a free kick should be able to get the ball over the wall and under the crossbar. Must be a nightmare for goalkeepers wondering where to stand.

The home crowd wasn't large today. I hope it's not boycotting because of the new manager. He's brought in a lot of new players and our team this year looks and plays so much better than last season's.

Still a nightmare at the turnstiles. Pretty amateurish when Fergie, our chief executive, is standing there desperately trying to get people into the East Stand through the gate 10 minutes before kick off.

On a more positive note, nice gesture from Liam Boyce to hand his shirt in to the Jailend at the end of the game and applaud the home fans. I hope the shirt gets to Gary's family.

(09-19-2021, 09:27 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: You can block other users comments but end up having to put up with them again when people respond to their posts.

Not as far as I'm aware, no. Of course, if someone keeps interacting with an account you're not interested in then you could always mute them as well.

(09-20-2021, 07:51 AM)markskelbo Wrote: On a more positive note, nice gesture from Liam Boyce to hand his shirt in to the Jailend at the end of the game and applaud the home fans.  I hope the shirt gets to Gary's family.

Yes, a very nice gesture from Boyce. On your last point - it was Gary's son he handed it to.

(09-19-2021, 04:24 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: Dave, It's rumoured that your big team, gave all last season's season ticket holders a free ticket this season. If that's true, anyone confirm this rumour. That is the way to look after your loyal fan base and is to be applauded.

Sorry, off topic,
This is true Jamie, although they are not my big team anymore!
From their website,

At that time, we were confident that supporters would be back home at some stage in the campaign, even as early as the autumn.
Now, as we know, that never happened, and we have played every match behind closed doors.
Despite that, our commitment remains unchanged. [b]If you bought a season ticket for 2020/21, we will automatically give you a season ticket for 2021/22 for free.
[/b]

Also if you are unemployed or  a low income family you can apply for free season tickets.

Just brilliant by Motherwell and I applaud their consideration of the fans..... Covid didn't just affect football clubs after all!!!!!

Probably makes you wish Motherwell were still your big team Dave ;-)

(09-20-2021, 10:28 AM)Forfinn Wrote: Yes, a very nice gesture from Boyce. On your last point - it was Gary's son he handed it to.

Thanks Boss

I saw N this morning and she was really touched by all the gestures on the day, to Fergie who attended the funeral and even the Hearts fans who responded so well.