Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
So how are we all feeling?
Can we please put the ongoing mud slinging about Malky Mackay’s past demeanours to bed. This whole forum is littered with it to the point that I now really can’t be bothered reading or interacting on it.

The guy has done wrong and has apologised ad nauseum and undergone equality and diversity training. I am sure he will not offend in that way again.
I do not know him personally but I do believe - as do the anti racism organisations - that he has served his time for this and deserves to be allowed to move on.

To my knowledge he has not murdered anyone, raped anyone, abused children, or supplied illegal drugs but he HAS said stupid ill thought things in a few ‘private’ texts - which to some on here seems to be an equivalent crime!

Get a grip, get over it and stick to football.

I hope most of you agree with me that a line must be drawn in the sand.

(09-04-2021, 09:09 AM)Brick on the wall Wrote: Can we please put the ongoing mud slinging about Malky Mackay’s past demeanours to bed. This whole forum is littered with it to the point that I now really can’t be bothered reading or interacting on it.

The guy has done wrong and has apologised ad nauseum and undergone equality and diversity training. I am sure he will not offend in that way again.
I do not know him personally but I do believe - as do the anti racism organisations - that he has served his time for this and deserves to be allowed to move on.

To my knowledge he has not murdered anyone, raped anyone, abused children, or supplied illegal drugs but he HAS said stupid ill thought things in a few ‘private’ texts - which to some on here seems to be an equivalent crime!

Agreed. Stick to football. Well said.

(09-04-2021, 09:09 AM)Brick on the wall Wrote: Can we please put the ongoing mud slinging about Malky Mackay’s past demeanours to bed. This whole forum is littered with it to the point that I now really can’t be bothered reading or interacting on it.

Agreed, that was my interpretation.
Your third paragraph is in line with my thoughts, there are people out there who have committed horrendous crimes and it would appear as if being caught up in some private texts is a more serious crime.
I used to enjoy coming on here, reading the comments and thoughts of supporters regarding the way our team played etc.
I am glad that others feel the same, it was coming to the point where I was almost saying “goodbye” this is my last post.
Please stick to the football.

(09-04-2021, 09:09 AM)Brick on the wall Wrote: I do not know him personally but I do believe - as do the anti racism organisations - that he has served his time for this and deserves to be allowed to move on.

When Mackay was appointed by the SFA, the chairman of Kick It Out said the role would give him an opportunity to "put himself back in a state where he can prove that he is a good person, and a person capable of performing both in football terms, and how he treats people".

He might have done a good job at the SFA "in football terms", but do you think it's unreasonable to expect him to speak publicly about what he's done to address the rest of that quote? As far as I'm aware, he never has.

I am fairly certain that I have mentioned this in the past, but! just like other humans I make mistakes and occasionally in the past I have said things I don’t mean, to any person offended, please accept my apologies.
Now then, when Mr Mackay was appointment, no doubt just like other supporters I checked to see what the  concerns were about, had he apologised etc.
This is just one of the sources that I came across.
Do I take it that the Scotsman and Sky News made this up?
Draw your own conclusion.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/...dy-3250679

(09-04-2021, 10:06 AM)Forfinn Wrote: When Mackay was appointed by the SFA, the chairman of Kick It Out said the role would give him an opportunity to "put himself back in a state where he can prove that he is a good person, and a person capable of performing both in football terms, and how he treats people".

He might have done a good job at the SFA "in football terms", but do you think it's unreasonable to expect him to speak publicly about what he's done to address the rest of that quote? As far as I'm aware, he never has.
Well to be frank it’s not for him to comment on how he treats people only those those who he treats can give that feedback and from every interview I have seen players and staff have come across very happy.
Perhaps he should have a message on the back of his jacket saying
I said some terrible things 8 years ago, I have learnt from them but if it’s ok with everyone I would like to keep on apologising to you all every waking hour.

Draw a line for goodness sake.

These are my final comments on this and if this rages on I for one will no longer use this forum.

I think others feel the same way?

(09-04-2021, 11:58 AM)MOGO Wrote: This is just one of the sources that I came across.
Do I take it that the Scotsman and Sky News made this up?
Draw your own conclusion.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/...dy-3250679

The quotes in the article are from 2014, the same week the original story broke. It's worth noting that the apology interview with Sky Sports came after his initial attempt to dismiss the messages as "friendly text message banter" in a statement issued via the LMA. Therefore, forgive me if I doubt the sincerity of his words at that point.

That said, he did have the self-awareness to acknowledge "it's the people that don't know me that I have to convince", which is essentially what we're asking for here rather than his current approach of simply not talking about it any more.

The quote I supplied earlier from the chairman of Kick It Out is from 2016 and we can be pretty sure he was aware of the 2014 apology too. It's easy to apologise, it's another thing to actually change. I'm genuinely open to being convinced he has, but there's apparently no appetite from Mackay to do that. That's his prerogative, but I'm beyond disappointed our so-called community club appeared not to give a damn about it either.

(09-04-2021, 12:27 PM)Brick on the wall Wrote: Well to be frank it’s not for him to comment on how he treats people only those those who he treats can give that feedback and from every interview I have seen players and staff have come across very happy.
Perhaps he should have a message on the back of his jacket saying
I said some terrible things 8 years ago, I have learnt from them but if it’s ok with everyone I would like to keep on apologising to you all every waking hour.

Draw a line for goodness sake.

These are my final comments on this and if this rages on I for one will no longer use this forum.

I think others feel the same way?

Yep! Agree with you.
I have enjoyed coming on here, getting the thoughts of fellow Ross County supporters on football issues.
This is not the first such episode where a poster has the the thinking, either agree with me or you are all wrong.
If I miss a game or can’t make an away game, I rely on County supporters who were there to give an honest opinion of the game, think it was Fyrish that used to give a good full report.

Copied.

(09-04-2021, 02:26 PM)MOGO Wrote: This is not the first such episode where a poster has the the thinking, either agree with me or you are all wrong.

[Image: meter.jpg]

Worrying that in 2021 we have people getting upset at a racist being called a racist. A sexist being called a sexist. A homophobe being called a homophobe.

If it riles you to the point where you want to leave the board, it says an incredible amount about your character.

And I will happily say again, if your viewpoint is of "get over it" or similar, do yourself a favour and stop attending County games.

Malkkky OUT!

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

What did I miss??

Oh..... nothing, still going round in circles!!

I'm off back to sleep.

I’m assuming those unable to forgive Mackay are also boycotting Livingston this year? Drugs ruin lives just as much as racism do they not.

(09-05-2021, 10:37 PM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: I’m assuming those unable to forgive Mackay are also boycotting Livingston this year? Drugs ruin lives just as much as racism do they not.

David Martindale at Livingston is actually the perfect comparison here. When he was being linked with the Livi job full-time he spoke candidly and repeatedly about his mistakes and what he's done to demonstrate he's a reformed character. Had he taken the same approach as Mackay I doubt he'd have won the level of support he did.

(09-06-2021, 09:16 AM)Forfinn Wrote: David Martindale at Livingston is actually the perfect comparison here. When he was being linked with the Livi job full-time he spoke candidly and repeatedly about his mistakes and what he's done to demonstrate he's a reformed character. Had he taken the same approach as Mackay I doubt he'd have won the level of support he did.

Dont disagree. Worth noting that both are deemed fit and proper by the SFA.

(09-06-2021, 09:31 AM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: Dont disagree. Worth noting that both are deemed fit and proper by the SFA.

Also Martindale is a convicted criminal. Mackay is not. No comparisons whatsoever.

Ross County fans in whataboutery shocker.

Malkkky OUT!

(09-06-2021, 12:42 PM)ShawIsDynamite Wrote: Ross County fans in whataboutery shocker.

Malkkky OUT!
--> You sir are singlehandedly destroying all the good work done on this messageboard over the years. Your nasty cheap comments are a disgrace . You don’t like the manager. We get that. He’s made some nasty comments in the past. As far as I can see he has apologised and unlike you is trying to move on. In every message your Malkkky Out comment is alluding to that disgustingly racist organisation the Ku Klux Klan. Presumably you think you’re being very witty. It's not witty, it's racist and people in glass houses throwing stones doesn't even come near it.
I want to read messages about football and Ross County, not a stuck record player ploughing out endless negative comments about our manager. 

Why are the admin letting him get away with his Malkkky Out tripe? Feel free to ban me if I'm wrong. I'm fed up of this idiot anyway. In another post he told us that if we didn't agree with him we shouldn't even bother going to watch County. Buffoon. 

I think a lot of us are forgetting that people change! It happened in 2014, the man has since apologised for his actions, and has not offended again - so what is the issue? Its been clear for a while now that Ross County are no longer a family/community club, and i too feel disconnected from it, but that feeling doesn't lie with the appointment of Malky Mackay. Lets not get in to that here!

From a footballing point of view, we look a lot stronger than we did last year in my opinion. We seem a lot more organised defensively, helped by Ben Paton and Harry Clarke's addition. In the middle of the park, we're a lot fitter, stronger and harder, which we're going to need to be this season. My only gripe would be with the strikers and wide areas, we look slightly short there. Alex Samuel is yet to be seen, but early showings suggest Dominic Samuel will need to toughen up a bit if he's going to get us 15-20 goals this season. Hopefully Joseph Hungbo and give us that pace injection we desperately need up there. The players on the whole look fitter, and that should reduce the amount of injuries we have to deal with throughout the season.

As for the loan signings, the club have been saying all summer that it has been a challenge to bring players in. If the loan signings can keep us up this season, i'll be quite happy to start the proper rebuild next summer and hopefully get a squad together that is more competitive in the league. We have brought in a Technical Analyst, who is also Head of Recruitment, so on paper, things should be looking up already. Malky said in an interview that he wants a starting player, a development player and a cover player for each position which is a smart way to fly.

We have two points on the board, which is two more than i thought we would have at this point. Considering preparations were far from perfect, ie COVID hitting an already depleted squad during pre season, and the horrendous start to the season we have been dealt fixture wise, i think we're doing fine. Ideally, I'd like to see us play some more attacking football when we play the teams around us, especially at home. Time will tell.

(09-06-2021, 03:56 PM)dr3 Wrote: I think a lot of us are forgetting that people change! It happened in 2014, the man has since apologised for his actions, and has not offended again - so what is the issue? Its been clear for a while now that Ross County are no longer a family/community club, and i too feel disconnected from it, but that feeling doesn't lie with the appointment of Malky Mackay. Lets not get in to that here!

From a footballing point of view, we look a lot stronger than we did last year in my opinion. We seem a lot more organised defensively, helped by Ben Paton and Harry Clarke's addition. In the middle of the park, we're a lot fitter, stronger and harder, which we're going to need to be this season. My only gripe would be with the strikers and wide areas, we look slightly short there. Alex Samuel is yet to be seen, but early showings suggest Dominic Samuel will need to toughen up a bit if he's going to get us 15-20 goals this season. Hopefully Joseph Hungbo and give us that pace injection we desperately need up there. The players on the whole look fitter, and that should reduce the amount of injuries we have to deal with throughout the season.

As for the loan signings, the club have been saying all summer that it has been a challenge to bring players in. If the loan signings can keep us up this season, i'll be quite happy to start the proper rebuild next summer and hopefully get a squad together that is more competitive in the league. We have brought in a Technical Analyst, who is also Head of Recruitment, so on paper, things should be looking up already. Malky said in an interview that he wants a starting player, a development player and a cover player for each position which is a smart way to fly.

We have two points on the board, which is two more than i thought we would have at this point. Considering preparations were far from perfect, ie COVID hitting an already depleted squad during pre season, and the horrendous start to the season we have been dealt fixture wise, i think we're doing fine. Ideally, I'd like to see us play some more attacking football when we play the teams around us, especially at home. Time will tell.
A lot of good footballing points!

(09-06-2021, 04:57 PM)USSR Tycoon Wrote: A lot of good footballing points!
Bliss - back to football  ⚽️