Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
So how are we all feeling?
The window is closed, something like 16 have gone from last season and around a dozen in.
A new manager, a new squad and new hopes?!?

I for one am positive, 

Manager - Regardless of his history, I think we have a better one now, who has made some interesting signings. and we're starting to see improvements in our game

Squad - its short on numbers and too many loans, but I think stronger (as is the league as a whole) We've already been unlucky first with COVID shutdown and then with the likes of Vokins and Burroughs getting injured, both who I think should be excellent. Really happy with what I've seen from Harry Clarke. Surprised not to have seen more of Dominic Samuel thought he was another excellent addition, but goals will be our biggest challenge as always.

Hopes - As before, I think we will be near the top of the bottom. no drama, no issue for me Smile

Happy but think we are slightly short in some positions , the team definitely look to be improving game on game , optimistic especially once the injured players return

Although it's been 16 out with 12 in, we can't complain, one player didn't feature at all and a few rarely played last season, so I'm happy with the squad so far, other than the lack of a prolific goalscorer,

Definately a better more experienced manager with a vast range of contacts which we have seen.
Roy was right in his decision to go down this route, despite everyone's criticism at the time.

I'm excited for the rest of the season and think we'll do really well and probably finish 7th, some of these players are looking really good, would like to see what Robertson can do, as he came highly rated?

Is it too early to give Harry Clarke the player of the season award lol, it's going to be a hard decision between him and Callaghan, he's bringing about an improvement in lacovetti as well.

New keeper needs to be given the next few games

(09-01-2021, 01:34 PM)RCChimp Wrote: Manager - Regardless of his history, I think we have a better one now, who has made some interesting signings. and we're starting to see improvements in our game

Regardless that he is a racist, or homophobe, or sexist? 

As for the football, four games so far, eight conceded, three scored. The Grand Wizard to be gone by December all being well. 

Malkkky OUT!

Regan Charles Cook scored the goal, did ok, Mr. Mackay obviously has faith in him.
Hopefully the new additions will be fitter, come the next league game.
Would like to see 1st Samuel getting back into team after injury.
And hopefully see more of Hungbo, and 2nd Samuel.

(09-02-2021, 01:01 PM)ShawIsDynamite Wrote: Regardless that he is a racist, or homophobe, or sexist? 

As for the football, four games so far, eight conceded, three scored. The Grand Wizard to be gone by December all being well. 

Malkkky OUT!

You're right nobody deserves a second chance. 

I'm sure you have never laughed or repeated an inappropriate joke in the past, I pretty confident I have, does that make me one of the above, I don't feel I am nor would anyone who knows me.

Not really the question I was asking anyway, but I think what I'm hearing is:
Worse Manager
worse team
We're doomed.

Dodgy

(09-02-2021, 01:49 PM)RCChimp Wrote: You're right nobody deserves a second chance. 

I'm sure you have never laughed or repeated an inappropriate joke in the past, I pretty confident I have, does that make me one of the above, I don't feel I am nor would anyone who knows me.

Not really the question I was asking anyway, but I think what I'm hearing is:
Worse Manager
worse team
We're doomed.

Dodgy

One just had to watch the Mark Walters documentary recently.
The scenes at Tynecastle were despicable to say the least.
Having said that, fast forward a few years, do you think Ann Budge would tolerate that when she was in charge.
And I bet the vast majority of Hearts supporters are cringing about it.
And, like other clubs in Scotland, they are quick to jump on the "it was them bandwagon" at the same time spew their bile and hatered at each other, no teams mentioned there.

(09-02-2021, 01:49 PM)RCChimp Wrote: You're right nobody deserves a second chance. 

People don't automatically deserve a second chance. As far as Mackay is concerned, he got caught doing something he shouldn't have done, he apologised and we should all forget about it and move on. I've not gotten any sense from him that he's actually sorry about anything other than getting caught.

He's made no meaningful attempt to demonstrate he's changed to the supporters since he came in. The chairman also demonstrated he's woefully out of touch with modern society. He was caught out by the backlash, was MIA on the day of the appointment, and then did an interview with the P&J that just poured petrol on the fire.

As as result, I've never felt more disconnected from the club I've supported for 25 years.

All that aside (as far as is possible), I understand and respect what they're trying to do at the club. Fergie is trying to put proper structures in place behind the scenes that have been noticeably missing in recent years. For all Mackay's obvious faults, he clearly has a lot of experience and an extensive network to draw on.

We probably had to break out of the usual cycle to avoid relegation this season given the strength of the league. It's a new approach to recruitment for us and it remains to be seen if it'll work, but there's promising early signs from some players. Ask me again once we've finished the first round of fixtures and the future will be clearer.

I just wish we could have hired a manager, who let's not forget is now the face of self-proclaimed community club Ross County, that didn't have a history of racism, sexism, homophobia and anti-semitism - and who, crucially, doesn't appear to have made any meaningful attempt to make amends for it.

(09-02-2021, 05:10 PM)Forfinn Wrote: As as result, I've never felt more disconnected from the club I've supported for 25 years.

That's really disappointing, players and managers come and go, supporters are the constant.

As a 50 something man I see things in my past that would make me hypocritical to just point and criticise. Not in any way saying the behaviour is acceptable but a lot of us have said wrong and inappropriate things in our circles of trust.

Should he have made a better apology, of course. Could the club have directed him better, absolutely.

I genuinely feel he has be punished, He lost his job, I seem to remember he lost something like an additional £2m by fighting and failing to clear his name. 

I hope that you can find a way to reconnect and maybe in time he may also realise his failings and give a better and more  heartfelt apology.

(09-02-2021, 05:10 PM)Forfinn Wrote: People don't automatically deserve a second chance. As far as Mackay is concerned, he got caught doing something he shouldn't have done, he apologised and we should all forget about it and move on. I've not gotten any sense from him that he's actually sorry about anything other than getting caught.

He's made no meaningful attempt to demonstrate he's changed to the supporters since he came in. The chairman also demonstrated he's woefully out of touch with modern society. He was caught out by the backlash, was MIA on the day of the appointment, and then did an interview with the P&J that just poured petrol on the fire.

As as result, I've never felt more disconnected from the club I've supported for 25 years.

All that aside (as far as is possible), I understand and respect what they're trying to do at the club. Fergie is trying to put proper structures in place behind the scenes that have been noticeably missing in recent years. For all Mackay's obvious faults, he clearly has a lot of experience and an extensive network to draw on.

We probably had to break out of the usual cycle to avoid relegation this season given the strength of the league. It's a new approach to recruitment for us and it remains to be seen if it'll work, but there's promising early signs from some players. Ask me again once we've finished the first round of fixtures and the future will be clearer.

I just wish we could have hired a manager, who let's not forget is now the face of self-proclaimed community club Ross County, that didn't have a history of racism, sexism, homophobia and anti-semitism - and who, crucially, doesn't appear to have made any meaningful attempt to make amends for it.
I completely agree - I really wanted to be back (and didn't renew my season ticket).  I really didn't like the decisions because I hadn't seen meaningful attempt by MM to address.  I think the club could have addressed that had on with MM at the beginning.  I was certainly willing to listen and would have been persuadable but the lack of any effort from him or our so called community club is for me not acceptable.

I believe that everyone should be given a shot at redemption. Some serious sanctimony on here from virginal lambs casting their stones.

The team looks stronger than last season admittedly through loans but I feel totally disconnected to the club right now.

A few people saying they feel disconnected to the club,.
A lot of people I know through work also feel the same way about their supported clubs, both in Scotland and England simply because they have become used to not going and have found something else to occupy their time on a Saturday.

(09-03-2021, 10:19 AM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: I believe that everyone should be given a shot at redemption.  Some serious sanctimony on here from virginal lambs casting their stones.

I like to think I've stayed the right side of sanctimonious on this. I certainly don't think I'm perfect.

If Mackay is a success at Ross County, that in itself is not redemption. His misdeeds have nothing to do with whether he's a good football manager or not.

Redemption would be owning his mistakes and actively demonstrating his support and commitment towards the sections of society his previous behaviour belittled.

Can’t believe some folk are still going on about this. The agenda of those refusing to move on is concerning. Either get behind the club or go away and shut up!

(09-03-2021, 01:41 PM)Westhillstaggies Wrote: A few people saying they feel disconnected to the club,.
A lot of people I know through work also feel the same way about their supported clubs, both in Scotland and England  simply because they have become used to not going and have found something else to occupy their time on a Saturday.

I very much doubt many of them feel disconnected because their community club employed a man like Mackay. Especially with the statement the day before from Macgregor. I can handle the team serving up dross on a weekly basis (I went to every game under Mr McStay) but I cannot deal with us signing someone like Mackay, who has yet to address the comments he made. 

There has been a tremendous amount of whataboutery from our fanbase in regards to the appointment. If those over the other side of the Kessock Bridge had appointed Mackay we'd be sticking the boot in. Some things are much bigger football, and the Mackay appointment is one of them. 

The day he goes will be long overdue, but Ross County now have an incredible amount of damage to repair. 

Malkkky OUT!

(09-03-2021, 03:28 PM)USSR Tycoon Wrote: Can’t believe some folk are still going on about this. The agenda of those refusing to move on is concerning. Either get behind the club or go away and shut up!

Crazy isn't it, people being upset over a racist / homophobic / sexist being employed as manager. What is the world coming to? 

I'd suggest getting rid of fans who have a similar mindset as yourself would do the game a big favour.

Maybe my view is different to others but supporting Ross county isn’t about who the manager is I don’t go to support the manager I am there to support the players and the area we live in , yes it’s hard to look past McKay but for me it’s not all about him he’s actually pretty irrelevant in stopping me supporting the club but yes of course if given the option I’d rather he apologised or even better didn’t say those things in the first place

(09-03-2021, 03:37 PM)ShawIsDynamite Wrote: I very much doubt many of them feel disconnected because their community club employed a man like Mackay. Especially with the statement the day before from Macgregor. I can handle the team serving up dross on a weekly basis (I went to every game under Mr McStay) but I cannot deal with us signing someone like Mackay, who has yet to address the comments he made. 

There has been a tremendous amount of whataboutery from our fanbase in regards to the appointment. If those over the other side of the Kessock Bridge had appointed Mackay we'd be sticking the boot in. Some things are much bigger football, and the Mackay appointment is one of them. 

The day he goes will be long overdue, but Ross County now have an incredible amount of damage to repair. 

Malkkky OUT!

Crazy isn't it, people being upset over a racist / homophobic / sexist being employed as manager. What is the world coming to? 

I'd suggest getting rid of fans who have a similar mindset as yourself would do the game a big favour.

To the first point. I was certain that Mackay had apologised for his actions.
To the second point. I just see a contradiction.
To the third point, who are you to decide on getting rid of fans?
The poster is merely expressing their point of view, I do not see any racism or any other similar behaviour.
It would appear, and it’s just an opinion, I think! although not certain, a personal opinion is still permitted.
You are perfectly entitled to your opinion, however you have to realise that you are high jacking threads constantly.
I would therefore request that you commence your own thread on the subject, in doing so, people can freely join in the discussion with you.
Who knows, the club might just take notice!
The method you are currently employing is simply not in line with the thread topic.
Best of luck.

(09-03-2021, 09:59 PM)MOGO Wrote: To the first point. I was certain that Mackay had apologised for his actions.
To the second point. I just see a contradiction.
To the third point, who are you to decide on getting rid of fans?
The poster is merely expressing their point of view, I do not see any racism or any other similar behaviour.
It would appear, and it’s just an opinion, I think! although not certain, a personal opinion is still permitted.
You are perfectly entitled to your opinion, however you have to realise that you are high jacking threads constantly.
I would therefore request that you commence your own thread on the subject, in doing so, people can freely join in the discussion with you.
Who knows, the club might just take notice!
The method you are currently employing is simply not in line with the thread topic.
Best of luck.
Wow! well said Mogo.

(09-03-2021, 03:37 PM)ShawIsDynamite Wrote: I very much doubt many of them feel disconnected because their community club employed a man like Mackay. Especially with the statement the day before from Macgregor. I can handle the team serving up dross on a weekly basis (I went to every game under Mr McStay) but I cannot deal with us signing someone like Mackay, who has yet to address the comments he made. 

Malkkky OUT!

Give it a rest gadge ,as Mogo has said, why don’t you start your own thread on your views on our manager?

I mean, the OP asked how we're feeling. Some of us are clearly feeling disillusioned with Malky Mackay being the manager.