Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Vs rangers 22/08/21
Anyone got any expectations from this game then?  Never beaten them before, so even a draw would be a shock result.
I'm expecting to see Donaldson, tillson and Charles-cook being replaced in the starting lineup by Clarke, Burroughs and hungbo, maybe cancola/Robertson in place of Paton.

They dont get much tougher but lets hope they have another off day Wink

A chocolate watch to anyone who can name the starting line up to this one

Are we maybe getting Rangers at a good time today?(And I don’t mean three o’clock).
I am daring to predict a draw,but maybe Celtics results last two weeks has woken Rangers up .
As for our team selection today, Malky has to shake the tin after last week, hopefully we can create some chances as well,because last two weeks we haven’t looked like scoring.

Numerous Sevconians in the home end today, with a large number in the East Stand. Surely any County "supporter" who has passed their season ticket on or similar should have it revoked.

(08-22-2021, 09:10 AM)tattiedave Wrote: Are we maybe getting Rangers at a good time today?(And I don’t mean three o’clock).
I am daring to predict a draw,but maybe Celtics results last two weeks has woken Rangers up .
As for our team selection today, Malky has to shake the tin after last week, hopefully we can create some chances as well,because last two weeks we haven’t looked like scoring.

Only way to approach this is.
In their faces from start to finish, no let up.
We have 11, they have 11, so that part should be easy.
Use the width, wingers, attack, attack, attack.
And whip in low hard balls.

Really looking forward to this one even although I don’t envisage a positive result. Hopefully we get a few decent performances from our new signings to give us a bit of hope for future weeks. Would be great to see a well organised defence for a change. COYS.

(08-22-2021, 11:49 AM)Deke Slayton Wrote: Really looking forward to this one even although I don’t envisage a positive result.  Hopefully we get a few decent performances from our new signings to give us a bit of hope for future weeks. Would be great to see a well organised defence for a change. COYS.

A well organised defence you say?
Aye! we never learn, tight marking, pick up the runners etc. etc.
Sorry what was that again?
Mind you! County should have had a penalty, 100% penalty, not sure what game the officials were watching.
Sun in the referees eyes?    Angry Smile

(08-22-2021, 10:39 AM)MOGO Wrote: Only way to approach this is.
In their faces from start to finish, no let up.
We have 11, they have 11, so that part should be easy.
Use the width, wingers, attack, attack, attack.
And whip in low hard balls.

I’ll try again.
If you are listening County Manager and players.

56 minutes.
Oh dear!
No problems with getting beat, however that was avoidable.
That goal was gifted by poor defending, sloppy clearance.

Who'd have thought having an inept defence would cost us?

Malkkky OUT!

Getting back to the game itself.
We have a throw in, inside Rangers half.
Why? Please tell me why? don’t we put the ball down the line and run onto it?
Back the way, back to the keeper, invited trouble and game over.
Some positive signs in spells, then shot in the foot again.

We are just not at the level required to challenge Rangers.

3rd and 4th goals were gifted to Rangers, wonder if laidlaw keeps his place next week.
Totally overrun in the first half, could've got a result if we stopped laying it on a plate for the opposition.

(08-22-2021, 05:26 PM)Westhillstaggies Wrote: 3rd and 4th goals were gifted to Rangers,  wonder if laidlaw keeps his place next week.
Totally overrun in the first half, could've got a result if we stopped laying it on a plate for the opposition.

Spot on.
No doubt Rangers were the better side.
However, we did make things easy for them, the Xmas gift wrapping has to stop.
Some work to be done yet.

(08-22-2021, 05:26 PM)Westhillstaggies Wrote: 3rd and 4th goals were gifted to Rangers,  wonder if laidlaw keeps his place next week.
have to agree first half was dire second half was better in spells 4 2 is better than I expected 
 pass marks again for most but once again RCC  all at sea i cant work out where exactly he is supposed to be playing
we certainly improved in the last ten when he was subbed can only hope he is not playing again next week

(08-22-2021, 10:37 AM)ShawIsDynamite Wrote: Numerous Sevconians in the home end today, with a large number in the East Stand. Surely any County "supporter" who has passed their season ticket on or similar should have it revoked.
what makes you think season ticket holders had anything to do with this i sit in the east stand and was dismayed by the lack of known faces  how ever you are correct i had rangers supporters all around me and the complete front row next to the jail end were huns sporting there rangers tops so much for the club statment saying this would not happen again just more lies they dont give a S!!! who they sell tickets to as long as they have the money stewards and cops standing less than 5 feet from them watching them celebrate and doing nothing says it all if they had been instructed to remove rangers fans from the home end they would have done so 
just try getting into the home end of any other club wearing your county top and see how far you get you will be lucky just to get turned away in Glasgow you will spend the day in a cell
So if you are looking for someone to blame look no further than victoria park
you could try complaining to the club but just to save you the bother the answer you will get is that did not happen there were no away fans in the home end so you like me just imagined it

(08-22-2021, 10:37 AM)ShawIsDynamite Wrote: Numerous Sevconians in the home end today, with a large number in the East Stand. Surely any County "supporter" who has passed their season ticket on or similar should have it revoked.
what makes you think season ticket holders had anything to do with this i sit in the east stand and was dismayed by the lack of known faces  how ever you are correct i had rangers supporters all around me and the complete front row next to the jail end were huns sporting there rangers tops so much for the club statment saying this would not happen again just more lies they dont give a S!!! who they sell tickets to as long as they have the money stewards and cops standing less than 5 feet from them watching them celebrate and doing nothing says it all if they had been instructed to remove rangers fans from the home end they would have done so 
just try getting into the home end of any other club wearing your county top and see how far you get you will be lucky just to get turned away in Glasgow you will spend the day in a cell
you could try complaining to the club but just to save you the bother the answer you will get is that did not happen there were no away fans in the home end so you like me just imagined it

We need to stop gifting the opposition goals. Rangers were nothing special today, yet we gave them a 2-0 head start.

(08-22-2021, 06:11 PM)county AML Wrote: have to agree first half was dire second half was better in spells 4 2 is better than I expected 
 pass marks again for most but once again RCC  all at sea i cant work out where exactly he is supposed to be playing
we certainly improved in the last ten when he was subbed can only hope he is not playing again next week

I was sitting in the East Stand Extension today and credit where it's due, I did see a steward pointing out 2 away fans to police officers who proceeded to eject them but there was a number of other away fans sitting round about who were making no effort to hide their colours yet they were allowed to stay even though stewards/police officers were only practically feet away at times!  It really makes a mockery of the statement about away fans in amongst the home fans not being tolerated.

Nice to score a couple , I think iacovitti and Clarke is the way forward and cancola was fine on his debut , I actually thought RCC was good against bassey , we were sound enough and enough there to be encouraged going forward

(08-22-2021, 05:49 PM)MOGO Wrote: Spot on.
No doubt Rangers were the better side.
However, we did make things easy for them, the Xmas gift wrapping has to stop.
Some work to be done yet.
Now you mention numbers did anyone get the raffle ones Exclamation

(08-23-2021, 09:33 AM)nairnboy Wrote: Now you mention numbers did anyone get the raffle ones Exclamation

?
Confused

Clarke deserved the MOM Sunday, really impressed with how calm he is on the ball.