Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Harry Paton
Harry Paton gets his first call up to the full international squad for the concacaf gold cup to be held in July. Well done Harry, thoroughly deserved.
Unfortunately this means he will be unavailable for most, if not all of our group games in the league cup.

Wink 
(07-01-2021, 05:24 PM)Westhillstaggies Wrote: Harry Paton gets his first call up to the full international squad for the concacaf gold cup to be held in July. Well done Harry, thoroughly deserved.
Unfortunately this means he will be unavailable for most, if not all of our group games in the league cup.

Be a good experience for Harry, delighted for him  Smile

Hope he does well for them.

Good luck to him , if terry dunfield played for Canada I’m sure he’ll be good for them as he’s twice the player terry was (for us anyway)

I notice that in Canada's first 2 matches in the Gold Cup Harry Paton was not even listed on the bench. However he was on the bench for their last group game against the USA. Was this due to him joining up late because of the covid outbreak, does anyone know. Canada have qualified for the knockout stages so Paton will be gone a bit longer.
Meanwhile Regan Charles-Cook started both of Grenadas  matches and are eliminated although they still have one match to play tomorrow so will be back earlier but not sure will he have to isolate after coming back from the USA. I'm sure there are different rules regarding isolation for professional sportsmen

(07-19-2021, 10:52 AM)sting Wrote: I notice that in Canada's first 2 matches in the Gold Cup Harry Paton was not even listed on the bench. However he was on the bench for their last group game against the USA. Was this due to him joining up late because of the covid outbreak, does anyone know. Canada have qualified for the knockout stages so Paton will be gone a bit longer.

On the Paton point, there was a tweet from a Canadian journalist saying he'd been "caught up" in the covid outbreak at County so wouldn't be able to feature until the knockout stages. Not quite right if he managed to make the bench for the last group game, but fits with the 10 days the club shut down for.