Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Keep, punt, undecided
Perhaps it is now time to put this spat to bed?
Time to look forward to another season in Scotland’s top division.
Personally looking for a top six finish.
No ambition? No point in competing!
My favourites for relegation?
Livingston.

(05-21-2021, 09:59 AM)ShawIsDynamite Wrote: Your argument for yellow cards is that football is a mans game? 2021, things have changed old boy. The sign of a good player isn't how many yellow cards they rack up over the course of a season.

As for the comparison with Alan Power (another past it jobber), I put my hands up, I forgot just how good a season Kilmarnock have had. Oh wait a minute.... On another note, as Vigurs has collected more yellow cards, I assume he has played more games than Power in the league this season? Could you have a check for me?

Scott Brown who Celtic have now released? Who if they replaced a year ago might have had a chance of retaining the league?

I love how you just glossed over the captain thing all of a sudden, given that was a big sticking point for you. Look there's no point arguing with someone who clearly doesn't have the capacity to understand any logic or counter argument with supported facts. You completely missed the point of the facts surrounding midfielder in struggling teams getting yellow cards, clearly no brain between your ears. Away you go and cry into a pillow about Vigurs being captain and getting yellow cards. Watch some women's football, might make you feel better.

P.S you wouldn't know the sign of a good player if it kicked you.

(05-21-2021, 10:12 AM)MOGO Wrote: Perhaps it is now time to put this spat  to bed?
Time to look forward to another season in Scotland’s top division.
Personally looking for a top six finish.
No ambition? No point in competing!
My favourites for relegation?
Livingston.

I think that's best, given the capacity of ShawlsDynamite understanding counter arguments seems to near that of my dog. 

100% agreed, got to have ambition, otherwise what's the point. 

Dundee/Killie could be down there depending on who prevails. Always hard to tell, especially now Hamilton are down.

To Get Back on Subject

I would punt Draper, McKay, Tremarco, Morris, Charles-Cooke. Plus the two foreign guys brought in on January that we didn't really see.
Draper, Morris and Tremarco are getting on and too injury prone.
McKay not worth keeping for about 5 games a season of being great and nowhere for the rest of the season.
Charle Cooke for just not being up to SPL standard.

There are several others I would not be bothered if they came or stayed but the above 7 will be on good wages and allow us to have some new faces. Hopefully some decent signings this time round. Would try to see if Lakin would be available for transfer or at least another loan. Would also be quite happy if we could get Hjelde back for another season.

(05-21-2021, 11:52 AM)edinburghexile Wrote: To Get Back on Subject

I would punt Draper, McKay, Tremarco, Morris, Charles-Cooke. Plus the two foreign guys brought in on January that we didn't really see.
Draper, Morris and Tremarco are getting on and too injury prone.
McKay not worth keeping for about 5 games a season of being great and nowhere for the rest of the season.
Charle Cooke for just not being up to SPL standard.

There are several others I would not be bothered if they came or stayed but the above 7 will be on good wages and allow us to have some new faces. Hopefully some decent signings this time round. Would try to see if Lakin would be available for transfer or at least another loan. Would also be quite happy if we could get Hjelde back for another season.

Agree with 90% of that....Billy Mackay is a good player and I'd definitely like to have him around next season.

Personally I dislike this sort of line, treating guys who, in the main, have given their best sometimes under dubious instruction. They have hopes and feelings and should not be treated like pieces of meat.

Whilst the reality is that several players have not fitted in this season and will need to ply their trade elsewhere we must trust that the management team who train them daily will know who they are and treat them fairly.

What is crucially important is to try and keep those who have made a difference this season and recruit strong leadership in defence and midfield to support the improving players. Up front between White, Shaw and Mackay we have the opportunity to build something although perhaps another proven goal scorer would not go amiss.

Some players have really shone recently ie Donaldson ( since he stopped trying to be Beckenbaur), Tillson, Spittal , Naismith and Paton ( who has more to offer). I believe others like Shaw and Grivosti for example will shine through too given the right support and instruction.

3 outstanding / highly experienced ‘spine’ players could make all the difference that is needed.

(05-22-2021, 09:08 AM)Brick on the wall Wrote: Personally I dislike this sort of line, treating guys who, in the main,  have given their best sometimes under dubious instruction. They have hopes and feelings and should not be treated like pieces of meat.

Whilst the reality is that several players have not fitted in this season and will need to ply their trade elsewhere we must trust that the management team who train them daily will know who they are and treat them fairly.

What is crucially important is to try and keep those who have made a difference this season and recruit strong leadership in defence and midfield to support the improving players. Up front between White, Shaw and Mackay we have the opportunity to build something although perhaps another proven goal scorer would not go amiss.

Some players have really shone recently ie Donaldson ( since he stopped trying to be Beckenbaur), Tillson, Spittal , Naismith and Paton ( who has more to offer).  I believe others like Shaw  and Grivosti for example will shine through too given the right support and instruction.

3 outstanding / highly experienced ‘spine’ players  could make all the difference that is needed.

that’s a brilliant and very true post

Some of the players we would like to keep are now free to sign for whoever wants them, first things first, Roy needs to decide whether to keep or punt Hughes, who also could have options elsewhere.