Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Motherwell Sunday
Great performance from County today. After losing an early goal to get the win was marvellous. Was a bit worried by Watson and Vigurs early bookings but every player gave their all. It was nice to see after getting the second goal they kept going for for another when so many times this season they have sat back and invited team onto them.
There wasnt a bad player today but have to give a special mention to Stephen Kelly who looks a better player every game and hope we can keep him for next season.

Well done Yogi, I didn't think he was the right guy to save us but we dug out the results when it mattered

First post for a long time. Congratulations to all at the club and delighted that we've managed to keep our place in the Premiership. Only Rangers managed to equal our 3 wins in the last 3 games.

Vigurs and Gardyne have had their critics this year but great that they both came up with the goods today.

Yogi did the job asked of him, Will Roy keep him for next season?

Can't wait to see live football again. Surely by August.....

Great result today, what a mans performance from the guys, didn't give up and smashed it out of the park. Two county legends who have been over criticised this season are the ones to drag them to safety. Vigurs was immense today. Proper captains performance. Has been brilliant the second half of the season. Midge, as with all team legends, steps up in the big moments. The reason Vigurs and Midge are county legends is because players like them are the ones that repeatedly step up in the big occasion. Top guys.

Delighted with that today. Totally deserved the 3points. Agree with all posters with regards to Vigurs performances in the last few weeks and especially today. After being booked early doors he controlled himself and everything around him. Total class and showed massive maturity.......and what a goal!!!

Delighted midge chipped in with the winner......who else eh.....wee legend!

Don't remember Laidlaw having to make a save today either. He's had a solid season whilst others struggled. Got my vote for player of the year.

Everyone knows I'm not a big Yogi fan but thanks for keeping us in the SPL and I reckon on the back of that has probably got a job offer coming. I hope he continues to prove me wrong if he does get the job.

(05-16-2021, 03:45 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: Delighted with that today. Totally deserved the 3points. Agree with all posters with regards to Vigurs performances in the last few weeks and especially today. After being booked early doors he controlled himself and everything around him. Total class and showed massive maturity.......and what a goal!!!

Delighted midge chipped in with the winner......who else eh.....wee legend!

Don't remember Laidlaw having to make a save today either. He's had a solid season whilst others struggled. Got my vote for player of the year.

Everyone knows I'm not a big Yogi fan but thanks for keeping us in the SPL and I reckon on the back of that has probably got a job offer coming. I hope he continues to prove me wrong if he does get the job.

I knew you were coming round to Yogi.

Breaking Fake News
Ross County supporters (all with masks) have lined the River Peffrey and Dingwall Canal, with hundreds more dancing on Peters Bridge, celebrating Ross County’s victory at Motherwell which kept the club in the Premiership.
The Police have congratulated the Ross County supporters for their good natured behaviour, no consumption of alcohol, and no violence.
The Police made announcement’s via tannoy that Renato’s Chipper was opening early, this was sufficient to coax the supporters away from the celebrations.

Didn’t see us surviving this season but credit where it’s due winning last 3 games of season to stay up is brilliant at any level, let’s see what the summer brings in terms of management and squad recruitment but we can now enjoy the next few months knowing we are still a premier league team, proud to be a staggie

(05-16-2021, 11:40 AM)Elvis Peffrey Wrote: ppv.motherwellfc.co.uk
I found it in the end, thanks,just seen post

(05-16-2021, 06:29 PM)tattiedave Wrote: I found it in the end, thanks,just seen post

You wouldn’t have found it from behind the sofa!
Seriously, well done to all, players and management, and thanks for keeping us in the Premiership.

Looking forward to the highlights tonight.

COYS. Interesting times ahead!

(05-16-2021, 12:20 PM)MOGO Wrote: I don’t want to find it.
Delighted to see Brian Rice and Hamilton have taken their game seriously!
Good to see them start with 7 players from the youth Academy, and another 2 on the bench.

Tattie, if you are watching this game, what are your thoughts on this one form the BBC?

Ross County's Michael Gardyne slips into the box and has the opportunity to cut the ball back for a team-mate, but elects to go for goal - lifting his shot horribly over the bar.

Players have to be reminded, a team effort is required.
Hopefully Gardyne will make amends in the second half.

Does anyone know what is up with Billy Mackay today, is he injured?
Does not get a seat on the bench, or am I looking at the wrong team line up?
Absolutely delighted tonight ok this morning, three wins on the bounce, what a way to finish the season. Vigurs goal,top drawer,I’ve been critical of Gardynes finishing, but his goal was so cool.
Billy MacKay is injured,did his knee in training.
Ah well,no more hiding behind the sofa for a while,oh maybe not, Scotland in the Euros next month!
Enjoyed the crack this season, will be a lull now ,until we start getting players in or out (or management)
onwards and upwards hopefully  Big Grin

It has to be said we may not agree with Hughes decisions but he has come in and done what was asked of him so for that I congratulate him , in the last 3 games we have been superb there been continuity in team selection which is a breath of fresh air for us this season , vigurs , spittal and white have really come to the fore aswell when it’s mattered , in my opinion Hughes will be kept on and to be honest he deserves it, I just hope the likes of Ferguson and Cowie help him with player recruitment as it’s supposedly not his forte, there is the basis of an spl squad there but a fair overhaul is still needed the likes of andreu and tremarco must go. The loan players have generally been successful I would like to see hjelde, Lakin and probably Kelly all return but we haven’t seen Hilton to judge if he’s up to it and on that note what a season Ross laidlaw has had he got my vote for player of the year and I have been one who was critical of his in the past.

COYS we are staying up , let’s sit back and relax watching Dundee and Kilmarnock fight it out

(05-17-2021, 06:27 AM)I have to be honest and say that for me we should ditch Hughes.  I completely agree with you things have come good these last three games and he should get credit for that but overall I don\t think there was the continuity of selection or at times even a clear plan.  Our defensive problems remain and they are not just related to the defence but to midfield that for all the talented players we have has been a problem for years.  I look at how quickly McCann turned round them and how he had a clear and workable plan for his players.  I'd be much happier with us looking for a longer term solution it brings risk as I thought Ketts was in that category but I'd rather the risk and possible opportunity than going with Hughes who I think is simply another shot-term going nowhere planMonthestaggies98 Wrote: It has to be said we may not agree with Hughes decisions but he has come in and done what was asked of him so for that I congratulate him , in the last 3 games we have been superb there been continuity in team selection which is a breath of fresh air for us this season , vigurs , spittal and white have really come to the fore aswell when it’s mattered , in my opinion Hughes will be kept on and to be honest he deserves it, I just hope the likes of Ferguson and Cowie help him with player recruitment as it’s supposedly not his forte, there is the basis of an spl squad there but a fair overhaul is still needed the likes of andreu and tremarco must go. The loan players have generally been successful I would like to see hjelde, Lakin and probably Kelly all return but we haven’t seen Hilton to judge if he’s up to it and on that note what a season Ross laidlaw has had he got my vote for player of the year and I have been one who was critical of his in the past.

COYS we are staying up , let’s sit back and relax watching Dundee and Kilmarnock fight it out

Thought Lakin really improved us when he came on, lots of endeavour and desire to influence the game. Tremarco hadn't done badly but I was panicking a bit when he picked up the yellow.

First half was fairly even with us having the better chances but not taking them, second half was much, much better. Jordan White excellent and deserving a contract for next year, and Vigurs rolling back the years with his best performance for some time (even if he was lucky to escape a red).

As for Midge- what more can I say? Guy is undoubtedly our greatest ever player and we are going to seriously struggle to replace him.

Onwards and upwards for next season.