Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hamilton Wednesday
I Think The Hamilton game on Wednesday is now a must win  the reasoning being
if St Mirran  win today they will say we are resting 7 or so players for the final and put a seriously weakened team out against Killmarnock 
However should they lose then they will have nothing to play for and will then play the same seriously weak team but this time saying we are trying out our youngsters for next season 

unsporting but would mean less traveling for them should we get relegated  

Thoughts ?

(05-09-2021, 09:34 AM)county AML Wrote: I Think The Hamilton game on Wednesday is now a must win  the reasoning being
if St Mirran  win today they will say we are resting 7 or so players for the final and put a seriously weakened team out against Killmarnock 
However should they lose then they will have nothing to play for and will then play the same seriously weak team but this time saying we are trying out our youngsters for next season 

Thoughts ?
Also if Accies beat us they overtake us on goal difference. Killie favourites to beat St Mirren on Wednesday potentially leaving us bottom. Motherwell are looking to win every game post split making the final game away to them extremely difficult. Killie and Accies could play out a draw same day leaving us straight down.
I know this is all ifs and buts, but put simply a win at home to the bottom team on Wednesday is so important and failure to do so would mean we'd get what we deserve.

county AML Wrote:I Think The Hamilton game on Wednesday is now a must win  the reasoning being

Thoughts ?

don't think Marcus Fraser and lee Erwin will be putting much of an effort in to us a favour either, Hamilton on Wednesday is an absolute must win, a draw just won't be enough.

I doubt very much if Jim Goodwin would see three defeats in a row as acceptable so I think they will put up a decent show against Killie, who will have to show a lot better than they did against Motherwell.

We have better players than Hamilton, I believe, so there is absolutely no reason to think we will get beaten on Wednesday. If we play and press the way we did against DDutd we will win. Positive mind frame is essential from everyone.

This is totally in our own hands, we got ourselves here and need to get ourselves out of it. Two wins and no one can catch us. Come on !!

I think if we don't win on Wednesday we'll finish 12th due to our stinking goal difference. A must win as I doubt we'll get any change off Motherwell at Fir Park.

Hamilton are used to being in this position and are experts at pulling off the great escape season after season, they're like a jobby that won't flush, they just won't go down.
This game will probably be the hardest game we've been involved in all season, win or bust, hopefully the players can handle the pressure.

(05-09-2021, 04:27 PM)Brick on the wall Wrote: I doubt very much if Jim Goodwin would see three defeats in a row as acceptable so I think they will put up a decent show against Killie, who will have to show a lot better than they did against Motherwell.

We have better players than Hamilton, I believe, so there is absolutely no reason to think we will get beaten on Wednesday. If we play and press the way we did against DDutd we will win. Positive mind frame is essential from everyone.

This is totally in our own hands, we got ourselves here and need to get ourselves out of it. Two wins and no one can catch us.  Come on !!

Agreed on Jim Goodwin, I think he will instruct his team to get out and win.
I personally can’t tolerate any team that goes out and lies down to the opposition.
Cup game or league, get your best team out and try and win every game.
Make a rule where 2 of the subs  must be under 19.
Any team fortunate to be coasting after 75 minutes or so, can then have the luxury of putting a couple of younger players on to give them some experience.
Your Old Firm Colts ideas, get that in the bin, end off.
OK, gone off the subject.

Really do think that we will struggle in this game, the games against Hamilton so far ths season have not been easy watches and we've struggled then too. Fingers crossed, but I think I might be watching from behind the sofa!

(05-11-2021, 05:15 PM)NVACA Wrote: Really do think that we will struggle in this game, the games against Hamilton so far ths season have not been easy watches and we've struggled then too. Fingers crossed, but I think I might be watching from behind the sofa!
Lucky you i will be watching it in the bedroom my partner cant understand why i am shouting at the TV so banned from the living room  cant wait to get back to V Park

Today’s the day we’ve all been waiting for! (Dreading)

A few weeks ago, I never thought we'd get as far as this day so.........

Hamilton, because of their pitch, are the team I want relegated and I wouldn't be gutted to see Killie join them for the same reason.

C'mon County, do the business.
No individual errors, defend as a unit. If we can keep a clean sheet it's 3 points as we'll score against these lot.
Only trouble is, they'll be thinking the same thing.....doubt it's going to be an open and entertaining game!

(05-12-2021, 01:28 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: A few weeks ago, I never thought we'd get as far as this day so.........

Hamilton, because of their pitch, are the team I want relegated and I wouldn't be gutted to see Killie join them for the same reason.

C'mon County, do the business.
No individual errors, defend as a unit. If we can keep a clean sheet it's 3 points as we'll score against these lot.
Only trouble is, they'll be thinking the same thing.....doubt it's going to be an open and entertaining game!

Jamie

Delighted to de you have finally come around to John Hughes
Now, just for arguments sake, Tommy Wright takes Kilmarnock down!
Daft question.
Would you still have preferred Tommy to Yogi?
?

(05-12-2021, 01:07 PM)Monthestaggies98 Wrote: Today’s the day we’ve all been waiting for! (Dreading)

No hiding behind the sofa for me.
No running  to the bedroom or bathroom.
I think  we will beat Hamilton, as long as we play the same way as we did against Dundee Utd.
Come on the County.
PS. Fantastic gesture by Motherwell.
Hint Hint County.

Terror,excitement ,worry, all setting in now.
Come on County,let’s keep the Highland team, the upstarts ,the long journey thorn in the central belts side in the league.
(I think it’s behind the sofa watch again though).

(05-12-2021, 07:38 PM)tattiedave Wrote: Terror,excitement ,worry, all setting in now.
Come on County,let’s keep the Highland team, the upstarts ,the long journey thorn in the central belts side in the league.
(I think it’s behind the sofa watch again though).

Nearly there Tattie.
Disappointed to see Goodwin play a couple of youngsters in defence.
Hopefully they give a good account.
Up to County now.
COYS

(05-12-2021, 02:54 PM)MOGO Wrote: Jamie

Delighted to de you have finally come around to John Hughes
Now, just for arguments sake, Tommy Wright takes Kilmarnock down!
Daft question.
Would you still have preferred Tommy to Yogi?
?
Absolutely would have Tommy Wright before Yogi...    I'd rather have Tommy Cooper ......both are extinct and both clowns but Tommy Cooper would keep us up, just like that!

Why build a wall?
A wall is a structure to keep things in or out.
What do we get ?
A jumping wall.
Still plenty time, three bookings justified, Kelly did not need to do that so far up the park.
Two Hamilton players getting away with far too much, hitting players at every opportunity, and diving, Come on Willie get the word in their ear.
Still not going for the sofa.
Tattie, come out!

It's all a bit of hit and hope at the moment, we need to calm down and keep a hold of the ball

(05-12-2021, 08:40 PM)Albf Wrote: It's all a bit of hit and hope at the moment, we need to calm down and keep a hold of the ball

Yep, agreed.
Hamilton are doing what they need to, quick ball up, and fouling us, hitting us at every opportunity.
That one with Vigurs, boy conned the referee there, never touched him.
Brilliant finish from Spittal, more of the same please, sots from edge of the box.
Come on County, finish this lot.

That'll do nicely

COYS. Well done lads. We can’t possibly blow a three point lead!