Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dundee Utd 01/05/2021
(05-02-2021, 11:13 AM)county AML Wrote: we all have our own ways of looking at our teams performance i was actually delighted when Ian returned how ever stats dont lie pretty sure he now has 16 yellow for the season lots more than any other county player and top of the SPFL list you could argue that he collected some due to others poor play but most were of his own making 
I agree our team played well today and hopefully repeats that performance come the Hamilton match but for me the difference  today was the pace and attacking play injected by Spittal  Kelly and Gardyne which allowed our defence space to move further forward  adding even more weight to the attack so much better than the sideways backward negative play we have endured all season
Yeah of course i can't argue that people see thing's differently, and i respect that, i guess my point is that i think Vigurs is subject to a lot of unfair criticism compared with others. If he has to play to higher standards than everyone else not to be highlighted, then i feel that is unfair.

His yellow cards tally is high, i don't mind that though, as long as it is for fouls and not back chat. In todays game it is near impossible to make a challenge, and when you are playing the position of a holding midfielder it's likely you will find that player is in a lot of circumstances where they will have to make the challenge that will result in the foul. I think his pace slowing down maybe has played a part in a few haha. 

I fear to replace Vigurs with someone of his class, quality and ability to control a midfield is going to prove very difficult with our budget and location.

(05-02-2021, 03:42 PM)Johnr Wrote: Yeah of course i can't argue that people see thing's differently, and i respect that, i guess my point is that i think Vigurs is subject to a lot of unfair criticism compared with others. If he has to play to higher standards than everyone else not to be highlighted, then i feel that is unfair.

His yellow cards tally is high, i don't mind that though, as long as it is for fouls and not back chat. In todays game it is near impossible to make a challenge, and when you are playing the position of a holding midfielder it's likely you will find that player is in a lot of circumstances where they will have to make the challenge that will result in the foul. I think his pace slowing down maybe has played a part in a few haha. 

I fear to replace Vigurs with someone of his class, quality and ability to control a midfield is going to prove very difficult with our budget and location.
Agreed but dont think he needs replaced just yet