Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dundee Utd 01/05/2021
Well, here we go again.

From the Ross-shire Journal.
John Hughes has admitted something needs to change at Ross County for the final three matches of the season.

OK, let’s start with game against Dundee Utd Saturday 01st May.
No excuses, get the sleeves rolled up, the match thinking caps on, concentrate from start to finish.
Dundee Utd are nothing special, therefore beatable.
COYS, get out and do the job.

(04-24-2021, 01:37 PM)MOGO Wrote: Well, here we go again.

From the Ross-shire Journal.
John Hughes has admitted something needs to change at Ross County for the final three matches of the season.

OK, let’s start with game against Dundee Utd Saturday 01st May.
No excuses, get the sleeves rolled up, the match thinking caps on, concentrate from start to finish.
Dundee Utd are nothing special, therefore beatable.
COYS, get out and do the job.
Hopefully they rest the 6 or 7 same players they rested against Kilmarnock - if not, then there should be an investigation?

Fact they have beaten Aberdeen and made it through to the next round of the cup then possibly they will rest certain players - only fair that they do - but knowing our luck they'll put out a full strength side.....
Supporter Liaison Officer 

(04-26-2021, 01:00 PM)staggie2509 Wrote: Hopefully they rest the 6 or 7 same players they rested against Kilmarnock - if not, then there should be an investigation?

Fact they have beaten Aberdeen and made it through to the next round of the cup then possibly they will rest certain players - only fair that they do - but knowing our luck they'll put out a full strength side.....

Q. Is there a rule that states they have to play their strongest side, as suggested elsewhere on here?
Surely , as long as they put 11 fit players on the park to face Kilmarnock was all  they were required to do?
Nothing to prevent them saying, six of our first team were nursing injuries.
Turns out, they did not need to rest any players, they could have beat Aberdeen with the team that played Kilmarnock.
Aberdeen were shocking, to say the least, but hopefully United get carried away, and take their minds off the game against us.
End of the day, never trust other teams to do you a favour, concentrate on winning your own games.
Caley thought Hearts were going to lie down, aye right!

The way Aberdeen very easily by pressing high and forcing Aberdeen to punt it long- which gives me the fear.

(04-26-2021, 01:00 PM)staggie2509 Wrote: Hopefully they rest the 6 or 7 same players they rested against Kilmarnock - if not, then there should be an investigation?

It’s not as though they played a bunch of kids v Kilmarnock. Teams have to give fringe players and younger players game time, and if they have got themselves in a comfortable position in the league to do so,I don’t blame them.
On the plus side,they got in to the semi final so they may do the same again,but are we good enough to take advantage if they do?

We haven’t been starting with our best 11 for a while, so we can’t point fingers at D.Utd

Problem is no one including, or maybe especially, our management team knows our best eleven. To be fair there doesn’t seem to be an obvious one.
In my opinion with the squad we have, a back 3 with wing backs 3 across the midfield and 2 up front is our best line up. Total press all over the park is the only way we will survive. Attack as hard as we can and chase back on every ball.

Hard drill and suits the youngest and fittest.

Based on this and recent form I would pick the following team

Laidlaw
Watson Iacovitti Hjelde
Naismith and Lakin
Spittal Tillson Paton
Shaw
White

Leaves us with impact subs Gardyne , Mackay and Hylton or alternatively Draper, Vigurs and Donaldson should we have a decent lead to defend.

Attack from the whistle and press like your season depends on it, because it does !!!

I think you rough it up against that lot so they think twice about incurring unnecessary injuries which could rule them out their semi final in the cup! All legally of course.

35 games played. Goal difference: minus 35. Our amazing consistency will likely result in a 2-1 win for United. More than happy to be proved wrong. COYS.

Well! Here we go, it’s a game really need to win, and not rely on other teams.
Hopefully Motherwell turn up and beat Kilmarnock.

All a bit nervous, as it’s very quiet on here?

Team is the following, just got to hope they do the business.

Laidlaw, Naismith, Iacovitti, Donaldson, Hjelde, Vigurs, Kelly, Spittal, Tillson, Gardyne, White.

Substitutes: Hilton, Draper, Shaw, Mckay, Hylton, Watson, Charles-Cook, Lakin, Paton.

Where has this performance come from? Great stuff now we're 2-0 up

(05-01-2021, 03:33 PM)Albf Wrote: Where has this performance come from? Great stuff now we're 2-0 up
decent first half but once again vigurs trotting around with no urgency and giving away fouls in dangerous areas can see him giving away a penalty if he is not pulled early

Brilliant result , one of the most assured performances this season who knows where it came from!

Impressed with white Kelly spittal and gardyne today but the whole team played as a team for a change

Vital 3 points

Yeeeeeees! I wasn't able to watch the game today, but I was causing havoc whilst walking on Union Street in Aberdeen  checking my phone constantly Smile

Well done to all concerned.
I took them on my coupon today, had a sneaky feeling a County team would turn up.
Took Motherwell.
Unfortunately took Saint Mirren.
Dah!
I had lots of faith in the team going into today!
And, I’ve got no strings to hold me up.

(05-01-2021, 05:41 PM)tattiedave Wrote: Yeeeeeees! I wasn't able to watch the game today, but I was causing havoc whilst walking on Union Street in Aberdeen  checking my phone constantly Smile

On TV at 1930.

(05-01-2021, 04:02 PM)county AML Wrote: decent first half but once again vigurs trotting around with no urgency and giving away fouls in dangerous areas can see him giving away a penalty if he is not pulled early

You must have been watching something different from me then, thought Vigurs was brilliant, broke up play and cut out utd's forward passes numerous times today, putting us on the front foot. not one player hid today and every player put in a shift.  

Its funny, i notice that when Vigurs gives the ball away, or a foul, he is criticised far more than anyone else, even though he does it no more than anyone else.  The actual reality is that he is the best we have in midfield, and that's why he is the only player to start pretty much every game under every manager.

Like a bolt out of the blue!! More of the same against the Accies and we’re home and hosed. COYS.

(05-01-2021, 10:56 PM)Johnr Wrote: You must have been watching something different from me then, thought Vigurs was brilliant, broke up play and cut out utd's forward passes numerous times today, putting us on the front foot. not one player hid today and every player put in a shift.  

Its funny, i notice that when Vigurs gives the ball away, or a foul, he is criticised far more than anyone else, even though he does it no more than anyone else.  The actual reality is that he is the best we have in midfield, and that's why he is the only player to start pretty much every game under every manager.

Fair comments, can’t really disagree with you on your statements.
I thought he played well enough yesterday.
Vigurs does seem to suffer more criticism, for some reason?
Agreed, some games he was below the standard expected, but not any worse than some of the others that seem to escape criticism.
I think it was the game at home Christmas time, Boxing Day? He misplaced a few passes, and in another game lately.
However, there are games where his passing has been outstanding, long through balls, to players feet.
The big difference yesterday was the passing from all the players, accurately reaching the target, one two’s give and goes, and fist time crosses all evident yesterday, and the most pleasing thing was to see players having a shot from the edge of the box.
Kelly seemed to have an extra spark, great shot from edge of the box, almost scored.
More of the same against Hamilton please, no doubt they will be fired up after yesterday’s walkover against  a team that never bothered turning up.
COYS

A very good display against a full strength Dundee Utd. Unlike the grossly under strength St Mirren team that played Accies. The Accies game is obviously more crucial than ever. We are at home so it has to count bearing in mind we have an inferior goal difference to them. We should have won by more yesterday. Well done all round.

(05-01-2021, 10:56 PM)Johnr Wrote: You must have been watching something different from me then, thought Vigurs was brilliant, broke up play and cut out utd's forward passes numerous times today, putting us on the front foot. not one player hid today and every player put in a shift.  

we all have our own ways of looking at our teams performance i was actually delighted when Ian returned how ever stats dont lie pretty sure he now has 16 yellow for the season lots more than any other county player and top of the SPFL list you could argue that he collected some due to others poor play but most were of his own making 
I agree our team played well today and hopefully repeats that performance come the Hamilton match but for me the difference  today was the pace and attacking play injected by Spittal  Kelly and Gardyne which allowed our defence space to move further forward  adding even more weight to the attack so much better than the sideways backward negative play we have endured all season