Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Saint Mirren Wednesday 21st April 21
I really don’t like the sound of a play off , relegation really must be avoided at all costs in the current financial situation

(04-22-2021, 12:57 PM)Monthestaggies98 Wrote: I really don’t like the sound of a play off , relegation really must be avoided at all costs in the current financial situation

Have to agree with you.
Honestly, I don’t know what the solution is?
Just deflated with the recent team performances.

In some games recently, we take the lead, but just can’t concentrate or have the mindset to hold onto the lead.
I honestly thought last night when we went 1-0 up, held it for a while, sound we have learned lessons, then bang crash wallop.
Soul destroying watching it.

Tattie!
Afraid you could be hiding behind the sofa for a while.

(04-22-2021, 04:49 PM)MOGO Wrote: Have to agree with you.

In some games recently, we take the lead, but just can’t concentrate or have the mindset to hold onto the lead.
I honestly thought last night when we went 1-0 up, held it for a while, sound we have learned lessons, then bang crash wallop.

Tattie!
I’ve just come out from behind the settee, that was tragic to watch. We take the lead survive a couple of dangerous attacks,then miss a sitter just before half time. Not convinced we would have even held a two goal lead.Second half we basically didn’t come out of the dressing room. Tillson caught under the ball at the halfway line for the first goal,but it still could have been defended better.
Second goal ,omg, game changing triple substitution just before it,Iacovitti ran in a curve instead of straight back,jeez! Game over. Third goal,I was under the settee by that point.
What an opportunity wasted, still 3 points off bottom,but with worst goal difference in the league,that is worth an extra point to Hamilton.
Cant see Kilmarnock faltering now,let’s get ready for The Championship, because I don’t even see us getting a play off .
Mind you ,I do remember Yogi going to Raith Rovers to save them from relegation and ,oh, forget it.

(04-22-2021, 08:16 PM)tattiedave Wrote: I’ve just come out from behind the settee, that was tragic to watch. We take the lead survive a couple of dangerous attacks,then miss a sitter just before half time. Not convinced we would have even held a two goal lead.Second half we basically didn’t come out of the dressing room. Tillson caught under the ball at the halfway line for the first goal,but it still could have been defended better.
Second goal ,omg, game changing triple substitution just before it,Iacovitti ran in a curve instead of straight back,jeez! Game over. Third goal,I was under the settee by that point.
What an opportunity wasted, still 3 points off bottom,but with worst goal difference in the league,that is worth an extra point to Hamilton.
Cant see Kilmarnock faltering now,let’s get ready for The Championship, because I don’t even see us getting a play off .
Mind you ,I do remember Yogi going to Raith Rovers to save them from relegation and ,oh, forget it.

Nope! Can’t see Kilmarnock faltering, they got the right man in to help them, and he got the attacker in to do the business.
All we can do is live in hope that Kilmarnock lose games and we win ours.
Our players and manager are in the Last Chance Saloon, time for them to step up to the bar.
Some of our play is mysterious to say the least, management and player decisions, regardless of who is playing, we are still making basic errors.
I noted another comment, and it has been said before, throw ins, free kicks, corners, just not working.
In fairness to Vigurs he can whip in a decent corner, you will note when he went off , the corners were abysmal.

That's "Shree games to go for that hard working boyss!!"

Yogi is confident we'll stay up.......only if we avoid defeat in the Hamilton game and they fail to pick up any other results........oh and our championship opponents given that scenario have 2 off days.

(04-23-2021, 08:58 AM)jamiepscot Wrote: That's "Shree games to go for that hard working boyss!!"

Yogi is confident we'll stay up.......only if we avoid defeat in the Hamilton game and they fail to pick up any other results........oh and our championship opponents given that scenario have 2 off days.

Jamie!
So, Hughes is not growing on you yet? Tongue

Jamie

Honestly, I don’t know what the solution is.
I am baffled at the lack of basic footballing knowledge.
Yep, people can vent their frustrations, anger etc the Manager.
But! any footballer worth his/her wages once they cross that line, show some respect for the club, jersey, supporters and try and do a job.
Absolutely basic errors continually being made.
Perhaps the current squad didn’t mind getting beat at school football or five a sides.
Get on that pitch and try to win every single game with determination and pride.

It should be borne in mind that Dundee Utd rested seven players for the Kilmarnock game and got duly bumped. This was grossly unfair to Accies and ourselves and should be looked at by the authorities. They are legally an morally obliged to play their best against any team no matter what the excuses are. You can guarantee that when they get their just deserts and get beat by Aberdeen in the Scottish Cup, a full strength team will be played against us the following week. As bad as we are, both ourselves and Accies deserve an even playing field and DU have shamefully failed to do this. Hopefully what goes around....................

(04-22-2021, 12:57 PM)Monthestaggies98 Wrote: I really don’t like the sound of a play off , relegation really must be avoided at all costs in the current financial situation

I wouldn't worry too much about that side of things tbh- we've a 6 figure sum sitting in the bank from the January sales of Stewart and Reid (Motherwell didn't exactly hold us over the barrel for a fee for White, funnily enough), plus matchday and commercial revenue in 21/22 is hardly going to be any worse than it's been 20/21. Don't think it would be the worst thing in the world if we ended up having to blood a few more youngsters next season either
The 3 goals we conceded were all very poor. Erwin places his header well for the 1st, but how on earth does he get that much space in the middle of the box?
For the 2nd, the initial ball should be dealt with so much better by Iacovitti, however it's also yet another example of a goal Laidlaw should be doing better with- if he takes another step to his right as the ball is cut across, he's got a much better chance of making it to the shot. Durmus is never beating him to his left
Heaven help us if Naismith ends up missing any more game time and we end up using RCC at RB or RWB- he's beaten so easily 1 v 1 for the lead-up to the 3rd
Hughes' post match comments sound very similar to what he was coming out with at Raith 4 years ago. The man is a charlatan
I hear Arbroath is nice in August
"The heart of the club is the fan. The board and the chairman are custodians. The staff are transient. But the fan is there forever"

Roy Macgregor, April 2013

(04-23-2021, 06:49 PM)USSR Tycoon Wrote: It should be borne in mind that Dundee Utd rested seven players for the Kilmarnock game and got duly bumped. This was grossly unfair to Accies and ourselves and should be looked at by the authorities. They are legally an morally obliged to play their best against any team no matter what the excuses are. You can guarantee that when they get their just deserts and get beat by Aberdeen in the Scottish Cup, a full strength team will be played against us the following week. As bad as we are, both ourselves and Accies deserve an even playing field and DU have shamefully failed to do this. Hopefully what goes around....................
Doesn’t matter,we have to win games ourselves.

(04-22-2021, 04:49 PM)MOGO Wrote: Have to agree with you.

Tattie!

So frustrating to watch,  I thought after the Killie game where we came back from behind twice that we had maybe realised the urgency of the situation - but Wed night was simply poor and I can't understand why we looked so flat given we'd had a break while St Mirren were in cup action......I can understand that the manager and players would rather been playing to keep themselves sharp - but that was a game we should have been well up for!

Three games left to save our top tier place - not that I think it's much fun watching County get beaten every week,  much preferred the wins / goals and open football in the Championship - but for club finances it's important we try and stay at the top table.....
Supporter Liaison Officer 

(04-24-2021, 01:50 PM)tattiedave Wrote: Doesn’t matter,we have to win games ourselves.

Have to agree Tattie.
Never rely on other teams. 
We must win our own games, no point turning up against Celtic & Aberdeen then getting beat at home to clubs like Saint Mirren an C...y
If we are serious about the SPL, we should always be looking to beat teams like Saint Mirren at home.
Off the subject, talking about C...y, I thought they would turn up against Hearts today, foolishly I took them on my coupon.
DAH Huh