Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Players out of contract
Just read an article stating we will have 24 players out of contract at the end of the season, 27 if you include the loan players, wow, that's a lot.
Quite a rebuilding job for whoever is going to be in charge.
Who do you think deserves another contract?

(04-13-2021, 12:01 PM)Westhillstaggies Wrote: Just read an article stating we will have 24 players out of contract at the end of the season, 27 if you include the loan players, wow, that's a lot.
Quite a rebuilding job for whoever is going to be in charge.
Who do you think deserves another contract?

Wow!
Did not know this, thanks for sharing.
Be prepared for lots of suggestions.
But! at the end of the day, it will be down to the Club Chairman & Club Manager.
Therefore, anything we suggest, will just be that.
I would like to see a complete revamp of style, get rid of this tip tap up the park, and then back to the keeper, the only time you do that is last minute when trying to see a game out.

I think the two players we really want to keep (Grivosti and Naismith) will most likely not be here next season.

Paton, Mckay, Hylton and Shaw have probably done enough to stay. The rest? Either poor or keep getting randomly dropped so it's hard to judge them (like RCC).

(04-13-2021, 05:18 PM)Diotor Wrote: I think the two players we really want to keep (Grivosti and Naismith) will most likely not be here next season.

Paton, Mckay, Hylton and Shaw have probably done enough to stay. The rest? Either poor or keep getting randomly dropped so it's hard to judge them (like RCC).
Grivosti's contract runs until end of 21/22 season but he seems a bit injury-prone so depending on how long it takes him to get back to fitness (and avoid further injury!) it might not benefit us anyway

Keep

Laidlaw- been solid this season and happy to keep him as no1 with another keeper challenging him in that spot

Naismith- no explanation needed , class act

Randall- I think for the most part when he’s played he’s been decent, injuries are a concern but I don’t see us getting much better for a back up right back

Morris- good defender, injury prone and would only keep as a bit part player as he can’t be relied upon week in week out

Iacovitti- he’s been shaky at times but still young I believe he will grow into a decent CB

Draper- always affects the game when he plays , really rate him and miffed as to why he’s not played more

Paton- frustrating at times but still young enough to iron mistakes out , would rather he was an impact sub though rather than a starter

Spittal- has looked good whenever he has played since January, a useful player to have in the squad

Hylton- been great on several occasions, why he doesn’t play more is very odd thinking from Hughes

Shaw- has been good this season and weighed in with goals , again unsure why he’s not playing more

McKay- no signs of slowing up yet he is still a good standard of forward and usually takes his chances when they arise

Borderline

White- has scored a couple and assisted a couple seems to blow hot and cold , possibly worth keeping as he gives us something different

Gardyne- can affect games like the way he did on Saturday but can also look completely past it at times too , maybe keep as impact sub but that’s probably more sentiment than sense

Vigurs- played in the right system he’s still a class act , the problem being we can’t really afford to play in a way where he’d be protected , probably get rid I’m afraid

Charles cook- personally I have liked the look of him always brings an aggression and a bit of pace , not bothered either way though

Watson- was epic in the season we won the championship and started fine this season but recently he looks to be showing signs of slowing down and has been at fault for several goals , probably ditch

From the loan players I’d happily have Lakin and hjelde back , Hilton hasn’t played and Kelly hasn’t really lived up to hype

Whatever happens and whichever league we are in we have a huge rebuild and I just hope it isn't left to Hughes....

(04-13-2021, 05:24 PM)weeyin86 Wrote: Grivosti's contract runs until end of 21/22 season but he seems a bit injury-prone so depending on how long it takes him to get back to fitness (and avoid further injury!) it might not benefit us anyway

Possibly right re Grivosti. It could just be he's going through an unluck patch, it's just frustrating as he's the one central defender we have who is comfortable taking the ball out from the back and playing a pass. Watson panics and Donaldson and Iacovitti will try but aren't very good at it.