Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Kilmarnock away this Saturday.
Massive game this weekend! Will the team turn up for a change! Drop Kelly & Lakin & play our players Paton & Spittal. As they say it's a 6 pointer & would settle for a point before a ball is kicked. Mon County cheer us suffering fans up please.

An absolute must win, lose, and it's out of our hands and having to rely on other teams, can't see any of the safe teams doing us a favour.

Fingers crossed we can get ourselves some breathing space by beating Kilmarnock, hopefully (but not holding my breath) Friday night's result was a reality check and we come out of the blocks sharp and let Killie know they're in a game, as Hughes keep saying anyway! We could also be doing with Dundee Utd beating Hamilton but we don't want to be getting in to the way of relying on other teams to do us favours....

From another thread!
Stop Lafferty and Kilmarnock next Saturday- watched the stream of their game today and while their full backs are relative diddies?
Now then, there is a clue in there County!
Hopefully Lafferty gets sent off, as he should have been in the last game.
And we use our best available players on their full backs, whip in decent crosses , not straight to the keeper stuff.
Hit high crosses, low crosses, whatever it takes, but we must have players ready to be on the end of them.
A place for Hylton?
We can’t rely on other teams, it is case of rolling up the sleeves and getting on with the job.

(04-05-2021, 10:53 AM)Murray Dornoch Stag Wrote: Massive game this weekend! Will the team turn up for a change! Drop Kelly & Lakin & play our players Paton & Spittal. As they say it's a 6 pointer & would settle for a point before a ball is kicked. Mon County cheer us suffering fans up please.
agreed but would also drop Vigers and play draper we need someone who will throw his weight around and be positive when he gets the ball would also like to see white and mackay start upfront

Right this is huge , it terrifies me we have Hughes to rely on for picking a team for such a huge game , left back is the area I think really looks poor just now but I can’t see any other option than hjelde, for me Draper must start at the expense of Kelly , Hylton and/or shaw should start as we need to actually play attackers to win games funnily enough , team I’d go for would be this

Laidlaw
Naismith Watson iacovitti hjelde
Hylton draper Lakin gardyne
McKay shaw

This will never happen as I highly doubt Hughes will ditch his beloved 5 at the back , looking forward but also very worried for this game already , mon the staggies

Manager on the radio tonight, talking about hunger and desire.
Apologies, I can’t give you much more than that, just came back to the car and caught the very end of it.
The team should have plenty hunger and desire left over, because they certainly never used any portion of it on Friday night.

Totally agree with MOGO ... mark Lafferty out of the game and we’re in with a shout. Our defence has been consistently poor most of the season. Time for the guys at the back to perform and put together three/four clean sheets to give us a chance of survival. Following the performance last Friday my confidence is in tatters. We’re looking more and more like a mid-table Championship team. COYS.

(04-07-2021, 11:14 AM)Deke Slayton Wrote: Totally agree with MOGO ... mark Lafferty out of the game and we’re in with a shout.  Our defence has been consistently poor most of the season.  Time for the guys at the back to perform and put together three/four clean sheets to give us a chance of survival.  Following the performance last Friday my confidence is in tatters. We’re looking more and more like a mid-table Championship team. COYS.
well game pass purchased we cant be as bad again as we were on Friday Hughes on radio saying team must show more grit and determination and we have improved since he arrived not sure that is true but what we really need is a manager who has the bottle to play an attacking team if he goes for the same old sit back and hit on the break  set up he should be sacked before the game starts there is no more time for the wait and see how things turn out tactics he has been playing
I have watched our team for over 60 years from highland league to where we are now some really fantastic highs and really bad lows i suspect most people my age do not mind what division we are in all we want is to go to vic park and watch our team play well 
   3  2  county

It’s a lottery for team selection, but today of all days it must be right.

So for what it’s worth here are my thoughts.

Laidlaw
Back 3 - Watson, Iacovitti (if fit, Donaldson if not) Draper ( to man Mark Lafferty - probably one of them would get sent off, hopefully Lafferty ?)
Wing backs - Naismith ( get crosses in) & Hjelde
Midfield Spittal ( if fit, Paton if not) Vigurs ( he must prove he is a captain), Hylton ( for crosses)
Front White ( target man) Mackay ( to feed off White, assuming we get the crosses in) however would not argue against Shaw if he has shown well in training.

We need crosses from the wings not humped balls straight down the pitch as we have had recently. Please can we attack them from the start and get right into them.

Biggest game of the season for both teams - I just hope we turn up.

(04-10-2021, 08:35 AM)Brick on the wall Wrote: It’s a lottery for team selection, but today of all days it must be right.

So for what it’s worth here are my thoughts.

Laidlaw
Back 3 - Watson, Iacovitti (if fit, Donaldson if not) Draper ( to man Mark Lafferty - probably one of them would get sent off, hopefully Lafferty ?)
Wing backs  - Naismith ( get crosses in) & Hjelde
Midfield Spittal ( if fit, Paton if not) Vigurs ( he must prove he is a captain), Hylton ( for crosses)
Front White ( target man) Mackay ( to feed off White, assuming we get the crosses in) however would not argue against Shaw if he has shown well in training.

We need crosses from the wings not humped balls straight down the pitch as we have had recently. Please can we attack them from the start and get right into them.

Biggest game of the season for both teams - I just hope we turn up.

Can't see Yogi dropping Kelly, who must be roasting in training, as he's been bumming him up in the press all week. That said I've given up 2nd guessing his logic.
I wouldn't have Kelly in my team as there was a couple of occasions, against Caley, when he pulled out of 50:50's. Can't have that today. Draper/Tilson/Vigurs won't do that!
Totally agree with you regarding being at it from the first whistle do we set the right tempo. If we do that we need to keep it going throughout. If we do that we'll get 3 points today.
My prediction/totally biased optimistic view is a very uncomfortable 1-0 win.

(04-10-2021, 10:13 AM)jamiepscot Wrote: Can't see Yogi dropping Kelly, who must be roasting in training, as he's been bumming him up in the press all week. That said I've given up 2nd guessing his logic.
I wouldn't have Kelly in my team as there was a couple of occasions, against Caley, when he pulled out of 50:50's. Can't have that today. Draper/Tilson/Vigurs won't do that!
Totally agree with you regarding being at it from the first whistle do we set the right tempo. If we do that we need to keep it going throughout. If we do that we'll get 3 points today.
My prediction/totally biased optimistic view is a very uncomfortable 1-0 win.

Excellent post!
You echo my thoughts, don’t pull out of a 50/50, and! he is not alone there!
Correct! we can’t have that today or any other game for that matter.
I cringe when I see players ducking and diving, from my point of view , they are not team players therefore not worth risking.
Be under no illusions Flaferty will be flapping that arms about, just how much he gets away with ? 
Draper/Tilson/Vigurs will give you that bite.
Some of these players are not everyone’s cup of tea, possibly down to mobility etc.
Well, easy solution there, you make sure that your youthful energetic players up their game and give you their all from start to finish.
Donaldson, gets stick on here, if memory serves me he actually did ok last Friday night, correct me if I am wrong, but did he do anything wrong?
The Caravan Puller, must be left out.
Unless, he was a brilliant five a side player in the past?

2-1 down after 20 mins , gardyne with our goal

Question to anyone brave enough to purchase this.
The tackle, sorry clatter on Mackay, referee missed it, or was it a fantasy clatter?

Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha
You are having a giraffe Tommy?
After watching one of your players get away with elbowing in the last game, you really do have a brass neck.

Kilmarnock boss Tommy Wright has accused Ross County counterpart John Hughes of trying to influence referees ahead of the sides' relegation battle at Rugby Park on Saturday. (Scotsman)

(04-10-2021, 03:44 PM)MOGO Wrote: Question to anyone brave enough to purchase this.
The tackle, sorry clatter on Mackay, referee missed it, or was it a fantasy clatter?

What clatter on McKay? (which probably answers your question)
Interesting game. We've had plenty of sterile possession without much by way of penetration. Killie happy to sit relatively deep and play on the counter but they do look a threat going forward, or indeed any time they have a set piece within 75 yards of our goal. Laidlaw should do better for the 2nd
Can see there being more goals in this one yet
"The heart of the club is the fan. The board and the chairman are custodians. The staff are transient. But the fan is there forever"

Roy Macgregor, April 2013

(04-10-2021, 04:00 PM)VanderDalgarno Wrote: What clatter on McKay? (which probably answers your question)
Interesting game. We've had plenty of sterile possession without much by way of penetration. Killie happy to sit relatively deep and play on the counter but they do look a threat going forward, or indeed any time they have a set piece within 75 yards of our goal. Laidlaw should do better for the 2nd
Can see there being more goals in this one yet

BBC
County striker Billy Mckay is absolutely furious with referee Willie Collum for giving a free-kick against him after a coming together with Gary Dicker.
On second viewing, the Killie captain catches Mckay high with a sore one on the knee. The County man can feel hard done by there.

(04-10-2021, 04:07 PM)MOGO Wrote: BBC
County striker Billy Mckay is absolutely furious with referee Willie Collum for giving a free-kick against him after a coming together with Gary Dicker.
On second viewing, the Killie captain catches Mckay high with a sore one on the knee. The County man can feel hard done by there.

Much ado about nothing, really. Dicker got to a high ball well before McKay, catching McKay's outstretched leg on the follow-through. Probably not a foul either way, and utterly inconsequential in the grand scheme of things
A decent point. Spurned a few good chances in the 2nd half, McKay played well once again. Everyone other than Naismith in that defence still gives me the heebie-jeebies though!
"The heart of the club is the fan. The board and the chairman are custodians. The staff are transient. But the fan is there forever"

Roy Macgregor, April 2013

Didn’t see the game but a point away from home and to have the character to come back from behind twice is encouraging , and he finally starts draper!!! And 4 at the back

That's some mess lafferty made off vigurs, blatant red card offence with gollum staring right at it, beyond belief he only got a yellow for that, hope county put in a complaint for retrospective action.

(04-10-2021, 07:41 PM)Westhillstaggies Wrote: That's some mess lafferty made off vigurs, blatant red card offence with gollum staring right at it, beyond belief he only got a yellow for that, hope county put in a complaint for retrospective action.
even if we did complain the result would go Laffertys way he is at it every game and has got away with it for years so he is not about to change now