Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The highland derby returns
Poor stuff again from a poor team with some very average players, based on that there is little hope of survival, I used to enjoy watching county but in recent times it’s painful to say the least, watever league we are in next year we need a fresh start in both players and management, although they infuriate me I will always stick with my team, hoping for a miracle next 5 games

That was utterly abysmal from start to finish, from front to back.
Wrong team, wrong tactics, wrong formation and then brings on a sub who stops ICT taking a free kick when we need to get the ball back.
Time to start thinkng about who can lead us out of the Championship in one go Roy!

Well even if we somehow stay up I really hope Roy has decided to get rid of Hughes and half of the squad for that matter , gutless and some even looked disinterested

(04-02-2021, 10:46 PM)Monthestaggies98 Wrote: Well even if we somehow stay up I really hope Roy has decided to get rid of Hughes and half of the squad for that matter , gutless and some even looked disinterested

Ah well, time for up the wooden hill to bed.
Reflecting on all the comments posted on here tonight.
Almost all comments are coming through similar.
This one caught my eye, “gutless and some even looked disinterested”
The same thoughts ran through me several times during the game.
If that is the case, then we have a serious problem.
And one that I will not tolerate, and Roy MacGregor certainly won’t accept it either.
Its easy for us armchair warriors to sit and criticise, and we can all be guilty of it, but on tonight’s County display, criticism of the players is fully merited.
I can accept player mistakes, individuals errors etc, but gutless and disinterested! NO NO.
Quite simply, players if you don’t want to represent Ross County, then get a one way ticket.
I think Brora would have beat either of that teams tonight.
Don’t forget tonight’s winners struggled to beat Buckie.
So! Where does that put us.

Tattie!
A large nightcap required.

The really galling thing about tonight is that it wasn't in the least bit surprising- it was simply a continuation of the downward trend in recent performances
The 2nd goal was the nadir- Lakin, Hjelde and particularly Laidlaw all should have done much better
The change to a back 4, and indeed the lineup in general, made little sense. While there's absolutely a role for Vigurs to play over the rest of the season, playing him in a midfield 2 was always asking for trouble (particularly when playing alongside the mediocre Kelly) and Lakin (who's a fine player and has the toolkit to perform a number of roles, although to little effect tonight) was wasted out on the left wing (although he wasn't helped by Hjelde offering nothing offensively)- ICT simply waltzed through our midfield repeatedly. Allan frequently had all the time and space he could ask for
Any notion of Hughes still being in charge next season surely has to be dispelled now, whatever league we end up in
"The heart of the club is the fan. The board and the chairman are custodians. The staff are transient. But the fan is there forever"

Roy Macgregor, April 2013

(04-02-2021, 09:34 PM)Albf Wrote: Pathetic, truly pathetic
true but not unexpected we have played the same crap for months now we are the only team anywhere in the world whos keeper gets more passes  than any outfield player it would appear sideways and backward passes are ok just dont play it forward hope Laidlaw stays for next season then we will only need another 10 new players to make a team

Shocking performance tonight & bitterly disappointed. We need to play our players ie Spittal & Paton & send back Kelly & Lakin to their clubs. Have grave fears for our survival after tonight's performance.

(04-02-2021, 11:25 PM)county AML Wrote: true but not unexpected we have played the same crap for months now we are the only team anywhere in the world whos keeper gets more passes  than any outfield player it would appear sideways and backward passes are ok just dont play it forward hope Laidlaw stays for next season then we will only need another 10 new players to make a team

Definitely last post of the night.
Just so frustrated, got to get it out before bed.
Another good observation, your post describes County well.
The passing you describe, this is nothing new, it’s not just months, it’s been like that for years.
I am scratching my head for a solution.
We were continually going through the same procedure tonight, one step forward and two back.
At times we weren’t under pressure, but we still passed the ball back to the keeper.
Talking about scratching my head! Ach! forget it, enough ramblings for one night.
Goodnight Grandpa, Goodnight Grandma.
Goodnight Johnboy?

Come back Fenlon, Dreesen, Celcer and Jordi Balk, all is forgiven.
This squad is an absolute gang, dreadful recruitment.
Yogi's tombola tactics are worse than McIntyre's.

We got out of jail last season when it was cut short, threw promising youths onto the scrap heap and didn't build a decent squad.

Last night was embarrassing.

(04-03-2021, 12:46 AM)MOGO Wrote: Definitely last post of the night.
Just so frustrated, got to get it out before bed.
Another good observation, your post describes County well.
The passing you describe, this is nothing new, it’s not just months, it’s been like that for years.
I am scratching my head for a solution.
We were continually going through the same procedure tonight, one step forward and two back.
At times we weren’t under pressure, but we still passed the ball back to the keeper.
Talking about scratching my head! Ach! forget it, enough ramblings for one night.
Goodnight Grandpa, Goodnight Grandma.
Goodnight Johnboy?
well another new day woke up this morning still angry about yesterday worse still it has just dawned on me that even if we do manage to make the play off position which is highly unlikely we may then face the horror scenario of the tinks having the pleasure of relegating us we need help
 Dingwall Academy is on holiday at the moment do you think they would be willing to lend us there team for a couple of weeks ?????

Woke up this morning feeling fine!
Can’t remember who wrote that one?

However, quick look at my inbox.
Notice a heading RCFC, Clearance.
Wow, what’s this?
Sadly it turns out to be an email from the club shop.
Wishful thinking on my part.

Week in week out, we take the rough with the smooth, if we get beat, so what, we don’t like it , we take it on the chin and move on.
I continually pay my season ticket to be entertained, to hopefully watch County win more games than they lose, win the odd cup, and it’s happy days, happy support.
We get the occasional good, shock result, some games we have played quite well in, not many.
Not just last night, for several seasons now, periodically our team descend into playing complete and utter dross.
Let’s not take anything away from Caley, they deserved to win, they weren’t particularly good, in fact anyone who thinks they witnessed a classic is kidding themselves on. (BBC commentators)
But! They were head and shoulders above County.
Hate to say it, however someone has already quoted, get some of these players off the books and back to their parent clubs, simply not good enough.
There must be better Highland League players out there? At least a couple of “Good Honest Laddies” that will give us 100% week in week out, someone that can hit the target from 20, 25 yards out.

Rant over.
Spring cleaning please!

Like everyone else on here, I was raging with last night's insipid performance.
I didn't want to comment given my mood and felt I might go overboard in my criticism of that team.
After a restless nights sleep I now feel ready to give an honest, calm assessment.

Like you've all said....... absolutely shameful, heartless, inadequate both tactically and technically. They're an absolute disgrace to the jersey last night and have 5 games to convince people that they have a future in football never mind our club.
Whatever happens, this squad needs major surgery and most of them won't survive the cut IMO.

After the St. Johnstone game I felt we had no passion but last night was on yet another level.

I think as fans we can be over critical at times purely because we have an unconditional passion for the club.
We cannot expect all the players to have that same passion but they are professionals and should provide a commitment to the club and play with a bit of heart. Some do this to be fair but many, on recent performances anyway, have lost it - if they ever had it!

The last two games have highlighted that when the chips are down so is the team. If we stay up it will be a miracle. There are so many under performers in the squad it’s scary.

No comments from Yogi on Tv last night or on the BBC app - lost his tongue? Or rather did he have them all in the dressing room for a 2 hour dressing down - hopefully the latter.

Kilmarnock next, in the most important game of our season. Let’s hope the management pick the right team, pick the right formation and that they all play to the absolute best of their abilities, more that we cannot ask. In fact that’s all we ever ask.

(04-01-2021, 09:30 PM)tattiedave Wrote: Played to a finish,no replays in cup this season.
Dont want any injuries that may affect our chances of staying up .Am I being greedy by wanting an easy game,sewn up by the hour mark?
It was an easy game ,sewn up on the hour mark,but for them !
Im still so angry about last night,and the County fans who I have spoken to feel the same.
Pathetic ,useless disgraceful performance.
No comment from Yogi yet?

I'm still staggered that Hughes thinks Vigurs can play in a central midfield two against younger, more energetic players. He was never the most energetic but made up for that with his vision and creativity. He's been a disaster for swathes of the season and the fact he's our captain is utterly depressing. At least Midge is still giving his all despite him coming to the end of his top flight career. But Vigurs? He'd struggle to get a game for Elgin on what he's been showing.

(04-03-2021, 04:22 PM)tattiedave Wrote: It was an easy game ,sewn up on the hour mark,but for them !
Im still so angry about last night,and the County fans who I have spoken to feel the same.
Pathetic ,useless disgraceful performance.
No comment from Yogi yet?

Tattie!

Look back at one of my posts, Quote! it’s a Derby and anything could happen, they will be fired up.
Well, if a Layman like me has that vision, where was the vision of our management and players?
We never laid a glove on them, our whole approach was half hearted, no hunger no desire.
I liked another comment, our keeper must be the most passed to player anywhere.
Yep!
Chasing the game, we get up to the halfway line, and then two or three passes back to the keeper?
Please, give me a clue what that is about?
Your anger is not alone, people I spoke to, they all feel badly let down by last nights performance.
Afraid it has to be the end if the road for a lot of them.
The Caley player taking the free kick leading to the goal, he must have been thinking, what on earth is the Caravan Puller dong here.
I honestly can’t for the life of me figure that one out.
Most of last nights play was puzzling.
Sadly Brora went out.
Hearts must have had the same head on as County, just turn up go through the motions and into the next round.

(04-03-2021, 04:26 PM)Diotor Wrote: I'm still staggered that Hughes thinks Vigurs can play in a central midfield two against younger, more energetic players. 

It was utter negligence on the part of Hughes to think Vigurs was capable of performing in a midfield 2- this, along with our left hand side containing players being shoehorned out of position, was a far bigger reason for where it went wrong for us last night, rather than any gripe over "character", "hunger", "passion" or other meaningless buzzwords
There is still a role there as a 6 that Vigurs can perform effectively, however it requires him having 2 runners infront of him, as demonstrated in the first half dozen or so games of Hughes' reign- Aberdeen at home particularly comes to mind as an example of this
There's absolutely no consistency tactically with us- by my reckoning we've lurched from 4-1-4-1 to 4-2-3-1 to 5-3-2 to the unbalanced 4-4-2 that Hughes plucked from the tombola last night. Heaven only knows how we'll try (and likely fail) to stop Lafferty and Kilmarnock next Saturday- watched the stream of their game today and while their full backs are relative diddies, they did at least get out very well and provide overloads. One would like to think that would conceivably mean a return to the starting XI for Hylton on the left- Hjelde will one day make a fine CB (out of all the loanees we've had from Celtic and Rangers over the last 2 seasons, he's got by far the best chance of making it with his parent club) but he's absolutely not a LB
"The heart of the club is the fan. The board and the chairman are custodians. The staff are transient. But the fan is there forever"

Roy Macgregor, April 2013

Friday was an absolute shambles. The team selection was awful although there are limited options. Why was Lakin on so long despite having his worst game for the club and why was he on the left? Stephen Kelly is not cut out for this level and I fail to see why he warrants selection. Vigurs just makes far too many mistakes. 

Poor from Yogi as well that there was no apology to the fans or even a statement after yesterday’s shambles. Expected better in more ways than one. 

For me, County have been in steady decline since we got promoted and it has been depressing to see. I feel over time the club has lost it’s identity with players coming in there stealing a wage that aren’t fit to wear the shirt and have shown that they don’t really care about County. Far too many mediocre acquisitions from across the bridge in particular. There is also no leader in that squad to drive the players on which neither the previous management team or the current adequately addressed. 

Next season, there needs to be a clearout. I would struggle to come up with many that would be a contender for player of the year which tells a story. Time to clear out the dross this summer and rebuild with players who have more passion and character. Not convinced Yogi is the right man to lead us forward. He has a massive 5 games to convince myself and I am sure many others otherwise.

(04-03-2021, 11:10 PM)lothianstag Wrote: Friday was an absolute shambles. The team selection was awful although there are limited options. Why was Lakin on so long despite having his worst game for the club and why was he on the left? Stephen Kelly is not cut out for this level and I fail to see why he warrants selection. Vigurs just makes far too many mistakes. 

Poor from Yogi as well that there was no apology to the fans or even a statement after yesterday’s shambles. Expected better in more ways than one. 

For me, County have been in steady decline since we got promoted and it has been depressing to see. I feel over time the club has lost it’s identity with players coming in there stealing a wage that aren’t fit to wear the shirt and have shown that they don’t really care about County. Far too many mediocre acquisitions from across the bridge in particular. There is also no leader in that squad to drive the players on which neither the previous management team or the current adequately addressed. 

Next season, there needs to be a clearout. I would struggle to come up with many that would be a contender for player of the year which tells a story. Time to clear out the dross this summer and rebuild with players who have more passion and character. Not convinced Yogi is the right man to lead us forward. He has a massive 5 games to convince myself and I am sure many others otherwise.
For me Yogi is definitely not the one to lead us.  We were eat up all wrong yesterday he seems to have no real clear plan I think we need to find someone younger with ideas and let them rebuild. Will be surprised if we stay up really struggle to believe there are worse teams than us on that performance but will cheer us on in hope but we really do need a different plan wherever we are next season.

Apology from Naismith in the P&J this morning.
Most welcome, therefore, thanks for being big enough to apologise to the supporters for a poor display.
Let us be under no illusions, regardless of the formation, team selection etc. that was a very poor performance.
Regardless of who played where, whoever was out injured , we as supporters should expect to see a more spirited performance from the team.