Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The highland derby returns
Been picked for tv coverage , bbc Scotland 7:35 Friday 2nd April

Hopefully pump them at the first time of asking, last thing we need is a midweek game before the killie game.

Thankfully we are not playing Brora.
Congratulations to them, brilliant result.
Best result of all time?
Berwick Rangers v Glasgow Rangers?

Buckie were close last night, ex County player on the score sheet for Buckie, Jack Murray.
Such a shame we had to let lads like that go.

Against Caley, one off game, anything could happen.
They will be fired up.
County need to be on their toes from the first whistle to the last.
Remember! The Scottish Cup game, County leading, seconds to go, we gave away possession at the Jubilee End, near the corner flag, they broke away and scored, not going mention the rest.
Must not allow that sort of thing to happen, in any game!

We should on paper be able to batter Caley, but we tend to save poor performances for derby games we should win.

Still think we'll have too much but will probably give away a penalty.

(03-24-2021, 02:11 PM)Westhillstaggies Wrote: Hopefully pump them at the first time of asking, last thing we need is a midweek game before the killie game.
Played to a finish,no replays in cup this season.
Dont want any injuries that may affect our chances of staying up .Am I being greedy by wanting an easy game,sewn up by the hour mark?

(04-01-2021, 09:30 PM)tattiedave Wrote: Played to a finish,no replays in cup this season.
Dont want any injuries that may affect our chances of staying up .Am I being greedy by wanting an easy game,sewn up by the hour mark?

Good point Tattie.
Nothing wrong with a greedy engine.
As long as our Mechanics can fix the job tomorrow night.
Derby! These games could go anyway.
Or! There could be shocks, just look at Brora against Hearts.
Come on the County, get revved up for this one, no mercy, no extra time, let’s get the spanner’s out and get the job fixed in 90 minutes.

Don't think we will see a full strength team tonight given the importance of the next game vs killie, will probably get our first look at maouche and the new keeper tonight.

(04-02-2021, 12:01 PM)Westhillstaggies Wrote: Don't think we will see a full strength team tonight given the importance of the next game vs killie, will probably get our first look at maouche and the new keeper tonight.

HMM!
Not sure I agree!
For me, full strength team, get the job done in 90 minutes.
Come on the County, Get into them!

Mon the staggies.

Plenty huff and puff from both sides and not a great deal between the sides quality-wise. Quietly confident that we’ll go through but our defensive frailties may yet cost us, as they have all season.

(04-02-2021, 08:46 PM)Deke Slayton Wrote: Plenty huff and puff from both sides and not a great deal between the sides quality-wise.  Quietly confident that we’ll go through but our defensive frailties may yet cost us, as they have all season.

You Witch!
Whats the lottery numbers for tomorrow night?
Caley second goal, it was only defenders on one attacker.
Absolutely caught napping.

58 minutes
Give us a clue, what was that County attack about, tip tap in the box.
Come on get a grip the lot of them.
Is this a wonder change by Hughes coming up?

(04-02-2021, 08:59 PM)MOGO Wrote: You Witch!
Whats the lottery numbers for tomorrow night?
Caley second goal, it was only defenders on one attacker.
Absolutely caught napping.

58 minutes
Give us a clue, what was that County attack about, tip tap in the box.
Come on get a grip the lot of them.
Is this a wonder change by Hughes coming up?
We are dreadful. We are out of cup if this carry's on

(04-02-2021, 09:14 PM)tattiedave Wrote: We are dreadful. We are out of cup if this carry's on

Tattie!
Spot on, no arguments.
County have been poor from the start.
Tip tap, back, back, miss passes.
Very frustrating watch!

We are an utter gang. Caley deserve this so far, we've been horrific from front to back.

(04-02-2021, 09:22 PM)Diotor Wrote: We are an utter gang. Caley deserve this so far, we've been horrific from front to back.

Yep.
Just can’t believe what I am watching.
Finding it hard to describe.
Not keen on slating individuals, however I am finding it difficult to pick a decent County player tonight.

Our defence is still brutal. No wonder we have shipped so many goals in the league.

Ok.
Time to start shipping some of them out.
Can anyone please explain, we are 2-1 down, they have a free kick, minutes ticking away, and the Caravan Puller is trying to stop Caley take a free kick?
Absolutely clueless!
Ach , doesn’t matter now they score a third from that free kick.

Pathetic, truly pathetic

Scunnered! Pains me to say it but we were second best all over the pitch throughout the second half. Did their keeper have a save to make during the second 45? Tough times ahead!

(04-02-2021, 09:34 PM)Albf Wrote: Pathetic, truly pathetic
Hughes’s ‘honest bunch of guys’ have just produced an awful performance. It was like farmers playing with wellies on. Lakin and Kelly were out of their depths at this level. Need a complete clear out as this team would not cut it in the championship. Worst team in last 15 years to a man. Quality and age being the major factor!