Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
St. Johnstone vs County 20/03
(03-20-2021, 11:50 PM)VanderDalgarno Wrote: Hughes has very rarely used Draper as a pure holder, though. In the games Draper has started for us under Hughes (and in his time under Hughes at ICT) he's often been used as an 8, with license to go forward as a Soucek/Fellaini style berserker. Look at the previous game v St Johnstone as an example of this, where Draper managed to score after picking up a 2nd ball in the box- interestingly it's a role he also sometimes frequented under O*** C****, but never under Ketts/Fergie. In Hughes' first few games where we played 4-1-4-1 it was Vigurs who was deployed as the 6, a role he resumed today during the 2nd half. I wouldn't rule out a return to that shape going forward (partly because it's difficult to rule out Hughes trying pretty much anything schematically), but again I'd anticipate it being Vigurs stationed immediately infront of a back 4

I seem to remember Draper being very handy in that role for Caley- his size caused huge problems when he rumbled forward.

A dreadful performance from County. Not quite Owen Coyle level, but close. St. Johnstone didn't even need to play that well to beat us.

(03-21-2021, 07:02 PM)Diotor Wrote: I seem to remember Draper being very handy in that role for Caley- his size caused huge problems when he rumbled forward.

A dreadful performance from County. Not quite Owen Coyle level, but close. St. Johnstone didn't even need to play that well to beat us.

Sshh!
Don’t be using words like that  on here!
Please check post #18 on how to spell O... C....

I didn't mention the true depths of W****e M****y.