Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The dogfight at the bottom
Just watched the Hamilton v St Johnstone game, between my fingers and hiding behind the couch.
87mins of stress which felt like a great result for the last few minutes.
Could be a very important equaliser come May. It was a thing of beauty and not just because of what it meant.
County need to take care of business themselves but we're so inconsistent, we're going to be reliant on other teams helping us out.

It’s so close between the bottom 3 it’s anyone’s guess as to who goes down , really hope it’s not us , huge game on Saturday

As it stands, it's in our own hands. When you're down the bottom of the table then that's probably the biggest silver lining you can take. Win tomorrow and there is daylight between us and at least 12th place.

I'm sure JH will leave the boys in no doubt as to how important this game is, but our recent record against teams around us is frustratingly pish. Need to turn these games against your Kilmarnocks of the world in our favour, starting tomorrow.
Dico Tibi Verum, Libertas Optima Rerum: Nunquam Servili Sub Nexu Vivito, Fili

"Freedom Is Best, I Tell Thee True, Of All Things To Be Won.
Then Never Live Within The Bonds Of Slavery My Son" William Wallace (1270-1305)

We're playing 12men every week!
These "penalties" we've conceded recently are a joke, just like the ref's who gave them.
Despite this I think we're in a much better place now, there's a real belief in the team and everyone seems to be pulling in the same direction.
Yogi will be installing a siege mentality and telling the players that we have to rise above these poor referees and make sure we're in a position where these cheating player's (& refs) can't effect the result.
C'mon County, nobody wants us in the league because it's sooooo far away and we don't want to travel up there bull$hit. Let's get it right up them!!!!

Very unlucky against hibs and st mirren we deserved a point both games , playing not bad recently I really hope we can hit top gear over the next few games , McKay has been great since coming back in aswell

Just read somewhere that 24 out of killies 28 points have been won against teams now in the bottom 6, Hamilton do this every year and are experts at avoiding the drop when the pressures on, should we be worried??
If we drop into 11th/12th in the next game or 2 I'm not convinced our players have got the bottle to come back from it.

We definitely should be worried. Really hope Hamilton go down though. Their pitch isn't fit for the top league. I'm ok with Killie going down too, for the same reason, theirs is the better of the 2 artificial surfaces.

Artificial pitches shouldn't be permitted in the top division of our countries game IMO.

(03-21-2021, 06:27 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: We definitely should be worried. Really hope Hamilton go down though. Their pitch isn't fit for the top league. I'm ok with Killie going down too, for the same reason, theirs is the better of the 2 artificial surfaces.

Artificial pitches shouldn't be permitted in the top division of our countries game IMO.

I hope you are right Jamie.
Kilmarnock to finish bottom, Hamilton next, or other way round, take your pick.
One thing for certain, Ross County players and management need to work very, very hard in the next few weeks to achieve results.
I hope we do stay up, but we have to be honest, a clear out is required, or it will be the same again next year.

I just don't trust this side when the pressure is on.